“A step back in time in a good way !”

Little Drug Co Fountain and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 16 Dessert in New Smyrna Beach
Cuisines: American
Description: (386) 428-9041
Description: (386) 428-9041
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Little Drug Company Fountain and Restaurant is an true step back into the past. If you remember stepping into the local drug store in the 50's and 60's you will feel right at home and delighted.....booths.....twirling stools at the counter..............good food........chocolate sodas and root beer floats to die for.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

We ate breakfast here for the first time and it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and tentative and the food was scrumptious! The atmosphere is very nice and brings back memories of a place we’d visit with my grandparents.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

This is a true old-time soda shop with the red stools and all. The milk shakes are hand-made and you can get all the fries you desire! Bring the kids!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

We wanted to scratch our nostalgia itch and this seemed like a good choice. On the way to a long weekend getaway we stopped here for breakfast. Yes, they do have a 50s style stool and counter arrangement with some booths mixed in, but the soda fountain effect is lost because that part is nothing more than a back bar for the ice cream and toppings layout. There are no goosenecks for seltzer and water, which for me is the true mark of a soda fountain. We sat in a booth with me facing the action. We were promptly greeted by a nice lady who brought us coffee and took our order. It was 10 am on a Saturday and there were 4 or 5 customers seated to eat. I watched as one server made a milkshake. For the finale, she reached in---barehanded, no spoon, no tongs, no glove---and plucked a cherry out of its container to top off the shake...... I was able to see a little bit of the grill and watched as the cook pulled open a drawer, plucked out, again barehanded, two slices of bacon and dropped them into the fryer. My bacon---no tongs, no glove. FINALLY, after 35 minutes our food arrived. The meal itself was ok but I wonder what it's like when they are busy? Hygiene is not a hallmark of this place and how they handle food was a real put-off. On the way to use the restrooms the walls and floor were pretty gross and looked as if they hadn't been painted for 50 years. We won't be back.

1  Thank RichC32958
Reviewed August 22, 2017

My daughter and I stopped here after spending the afternoon on a boat tour with turtle mound river tours. It was like jumping back in time fifty years, or at 38- what I'd envision a 50-60's soda fountain to be like.

We split a bacon cheeseburgers side of fries, large peanut butter fudge milk shake and a coke. With a 25% tip and a pack of candy cigarettes it cost me $20.50. The waitresses and other employees were friendly and accommodating. The milkshake was one of the three best I've ever had (behind the doo wop diner in wildwood,nj and burgers 25 in Toms River, nj).

It's no frills amenities but quality food at great prices!