“Our June visit”
Review of Oceania Beach Club

Oceania Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We stayed here June 28th. The resort was very nice and everything was very clean. We were assigned Room 504. While the unit was nice, the bed was HORRIBLE! The mattress in the master bedroom must have been passed down from the Colonial days! I'm not exaggerating when I say there was such a big depression in the right side of the bed, your feet are higher than your midsection! My poor wife slept on that side and I slept on the left side and it was so bad, I kept rolling downhill all night! What a terrible night's sleep! As these are all individually owned condos, it is up to the owner to get a new mattress. At $100+ per night, they can surely afford a new one. Whatever you do, do NOT stay in Room 504 until there is a new mattress in place. I would have rated our stay Excellent if not for that terrible mattress.

Room Tip: Get an ocean FRONT room; not ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Rdwaryer60
There are newer reviews for Oceania Beach Club

Reviewed 10 June 2015

I spent a long weekend at the Oceania Suites in New Smyrna the first week of May 2015. This is a older condo complex with 2 bdrm 2 bath condos for rent. The condo we had was clean and reasonably furnished. The building itself needs a little TLC. The elevator does not have a down button. So usually you ride to the top floor then back again. For the price of the condo it was not a bad deal. Great view of the beach wonderful sunrises. Walking distance to great shopping, dining & bars.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front 4th or 5th floors
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Diane W
Reviewed 4 June 2015

We've stayed here for over 10 years in a row. We bring the family and enjoy one to two weeks there a year. We always ask for the top floor rooms when we go. They are all great rooms and awesome views. It's so close to everything you need for a vacation of relaxation. The grandkids ask every year if they can go with us and as usual they always join us. Actually we have booked our room this year and will be there next week and the week after. Looking forward to the get away from it all.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamme H
Reviewed 14 May 2015

This condo suite property is a great location for walking around town. And it is an easy drive to anywhere else. It is ocean front, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bath and sizable rooms; and great views. All the rooms are secure and the staff are great. The pool is just off the beach, but you have to walk through the fenced areas to get on the beach access deck. Being on Business, I found that it was only 20 mins to I-95 and an additional 15-20 min to either Daytona and Cocoa Beach/Melbourne areas. I agree with other reviews that speak highly of the property, so I won't repeat what was already stated. So we are focusing on what's nearby.

What we figured out was there are happy hour specials from 3-6 at different nearby restaurants, so we walked around to find the deal we wanted. Toni and Joe's is adjacent to the hotel and is reasonably priced for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have a great view of the beach from all of the outside seats, and a happy hour value offer. A few steps more and across from the beach's parking lot is Barracudas, where they offer a generous house wine pour, for a great price, and half off during happy hour. The Breakers Ocean Front is a few steps more, and is on the beach and has happy hours too. They have the best hamburger in the area, and is reasonably priced too! We found that other restaurants are on Flagler Ave and are reasonably priced and ambiance differs, such as an Irish Pub

If you drive around, we found our breakfast to be at Bagel World, a small shop frequented by locals. Don't let the outside fool you. A Steak and egg bagel is $4.25 and they have lots of different bagels, and freshly made cream cheese flavors. Do note they only take CASH. Another local lunch venue is JB's Fish Camp, where people go fishing and have their catch fileted and prepared. Their restaurant has reasonable prices for loca fresh fish. As you drive over the Causeway Bridge, you will see Norwood's a very upscale menu with fun ambiance. Here you will find menu items for over $30 for a nice cut steak and as low as $11 for a hamburger. Their fresh seafood is great and under $20.

There is a Publix just past Norwoods and on the south side of the road. You will find food costs reasonable and the same as on the mainland. We saved a lot of money making our own sandwiches from meats bought there and buying beverages. Across from the publix is Alvin's Island a great spot for finding beach toys and clothing.

If you want a central location to the beach and town center, this is the place!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank WarmVacations
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Unit 406, corner oceanfront, has the full view of the ocean and the panorama of New Smyrna, with no other building obstructions. The accommodations of a king-size bed and two single beds met my needs Three TVs and overhead fans . The kitchen was furnished with the essentials: glasses, dishes, utensils, etc. . The furnishings were very comfortable in soft blues and the bamboo flooring made one feel at the beach. Spacious bathrooms and clean towels everyday. The convenience of a restaurant next door was great. No need to venture far after a long day at the beach or a swim in the heated pool or just sunning in a lounge chair on the lawn. The staff at the condo were very gracious and helpful and a computer with printer in the lounge. If you want the peace, serenity and coolness of the ocean breezes, #406 is a great choice, look no further. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: The condo was very soundproof..no disturbances from above or below.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
7  Thank Nina T
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Have been going to New Smyrna Beach for many years and usually stay at the Oceania Beach Club because of its close proximity to Flagler Avenue shops and restaurants.

Our preference has been to stay in Unit 406,which is oceanfront and on the Northeast corner of the building. Having two additional windows, you can see far down the coast rather than just directly in front of the beach. The view is breathtaking.

The unit is also well furnished with modern decor, three televisions, and comfortable beds (one king and two twin beds). The kitchen has been updated and is well stocked to facilitate even a gourmet cook.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Gl0rybee
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I randomly found this hotel by looking online after searching a month for hotels. I was paranoid about finding a clean hotel because my last experience with my then 3 month old was horrific.
This hotel is perfect. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with myself, my toddler son and my parents. The rooms were extremely spacious, we could have fit 2 more people on the pull out couch. It had a full kitchen with everything you could need to cook with. The hotel is located right next to a little bar/restaurant so it's perfect!! I can't wait to plan my next vacation here!!

• Stayed: August 2014