1,839 results
All reviewsshuckers restaurantmiami beachview of the baybiscayne baymiami areaonsite restaurantcoffee machinenice poolfree breakfastclean roomsshuttle servicecruiseairportbalconykristalbwcauseway
Reviewed September 28, 2017

First off, I was upgraded from a regular room to a bay front room with a balcony. That was awesome. It made the time I spent relaxing in the room much more enjoyable. The room was clean and looked like it was recently renovated. Didn't try to breakfast or restaurant. Wifi worked really well. They charge $10/night for parking, but it was still cheaper overall than almost any other hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

This was our 18th anniversary and we chose to come back to Miami for our 3rd visit. We stayed at the Best Western again because we love the location. It has a great sportsbar / indoor/outdoors restaurant (Shuckers). It satisfies my husband and myself being right off the bay and prices aren't bad and food is great.
I want to say thank you to the staff for the wonderful handwritten note and complimentary breakfast!!! The new breakfast buffet kitchen was a sweet surprise.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I stayed there a couple weeks ago for three nights, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations and friendly staff!

At first I was skeptical, as I emailed about using two gift cards for my stay with no response. When I arrived I was happily greeted. However was told that I would have to speak with Crystal to apply the cards the following day, that she was the only one able to do that. I was thinking that it was going to be a big hassle and possible only able to use one etc. So the following morning, I made my way to the front desk to see Crystal and all I said was "I checked in yesterday and I wanted to use these two cards", she responded right away with no problem whatsoever and asked what room I was in. Transaction took less than a minute!

The hotel is nicely situated on a causeway away from the tourists and Ocean Drive area. The hotel lobby was decent size, clean, has a coffee station, tvs and small gift shop (which I needed a bottle/wine opener and usb cable, which they had both)! Taking an Uber was only about $10-15 one way to some of the big hotels and areas in Miami, such as Fontainbleau, Collins Ave, Lincoln Ave, which I spent alot of time. They have a pool area which was clean and a restaurant/bar with great views of the bay and alot of locals hanging out. The restaurant has a friendly staff, food was reasonably priced with drink and food specials every night with great views of the bay!

The rooms were nice and updated, as well as very clean. You do enter from the outside, as opposed to a lobby/indoor hallways, etc. Included small one cup coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave as well, tv, wardrobe closet, and safe.

If you are looking for somewhere away from the tourists, but easy to travel to and from the happening places, this is a great place to stay! ALL the staff I interacted with were friendly, professional! Thank you and see you soon!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank V9750HOstephenb
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Back in May I booked a 5 day Carnival Cruise leaving Miami on Sept 18 for the week. I had also booked my airfare with a partial vacation staying at an oceanfront hotel in Miami. While there is a lot I could say about Carnival posting misleading cancellations on facebook and a Wyndham hotel not knowing if their hotel is still standing or not, Best Western on the Bay assured me that their hotel was up and running and that if I needed to cancel my reservation all the way up to my arrival, I could do it. That is why they are getting 5 stars from me. So many people let me down on this vacation. Best Western came to the rescue and kept me from sleeping on the floor at the airport for 2 days! Forever grateful!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank cwhaynes
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

The view from the pool and the pool area are the only reason for the 3 stars. The room was awful, not refurbished as per all the photographs on every website. The carpet was all frayed, the room was very shabby.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank millieg0605
jgrentner, Public Relations Manager at Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. This is definitely not the standard of service our customers have come to expect from us. We will review your concerns with our management team and look forward to finding a way to better serve our guests from this situation.