“Great views and seafood!”

Harbourside Bar & Grill
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OUR SIGNATURE RESTAURANT OVERLOOKING THE YACHT HARBOUR AND MARINA Open for Breakfast & Dinner South Seas' family casual restaurant Harbourside Bar & Grill serves both traditional breakfast fare and dinner favorites including steak, fresh catch, pasta, delicious sides and signature cocktails. Indoor and outdoor dining is available overlooking Yacht Harbour Marina. The fishing village-inspired décor is at once charming and intimate. Sidle up to the U-bar to watch TV or order libations while the kids are just steps away in a reserved play area. South Seas has taken great care to ensure the menu items showcase the bounty of Gulf seafood available. The fish is caught locally in the waters surrounding Captiva Island - home to the most sought-after delicacies in the world. By commissioning local fishermen in the procurement of dining selections, Harbourside offers you the freshest selection and finest cuisine from the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We ate here several times during our week long stay at South Seas. We had dinner inside and outside, as well as breakfast. The seafood was outstanding (scallops especially so) and I loved the island rice. My growing boys enjoyed the breakfast buffet ($25 though), but you could order off the menu. They were somewhat understaffed for this busy time of year and service was slow. Because we were on vacation and in no rush, we were forgiving with this... different expectations than when we are home.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had a wonderful dinner at the Harbourside last year, our first year for the South Seas Holiday Stroll. So of course we made a point to eat there when we returned to the Stroll this year. We were not disappointed.

Prior to our visit, I contacted the management to make sure my special dietary needs could be met again this year. I was extremely impressed with the effort they made to accommodate me! Both a manager (Michelle) and chef (Ken) contacted me to discuss at length my needs and how they could accommodate them, and made recommendations for menu options that would be good for me.

The night of our dinner, we were warmly greeted by the hostess and host, who made sure we were seated at a table to our liking. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the covered terrace, where we could view the festivities and decorated boats in the marina. Our server was helpful and friendly. We enjoyed some very good wines by the glass -there was a nice selection and the prices were reasonable. The menu had a nice variety of options, and there were some wonderful Holiday Stroll specials. We opted for entrees from the main menu. My rib eye was perfectly cooked and tasty. My husband’s bouillabaisse was very good. The chefs did an awesome job of accommodating my dietary needs. The sides, especially the baked sweet potato, were wonderful. We also enjoyed the warm fresh bread. Chef Ken stopped by to make sure we were happy with our food, and we really enjoyed talking to him again this year. It was also fun to visit with Garney, who had been our awesome server the last year.

We look forward to returning to the Harbourside. However, as Sanibel residents, we don’t stay at the resort so we will have to wait until next year’s Holiday Stroll to return

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

The best shrimp and grits ever. Will return several more times before we leave this island. Excellent chef and service

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent dinner. Chef Ken was awesome. Made a special Boursin cheese appetizer for our special occasion. Great people work there. Great view. Bar was great but should get Butterscotch schnapps to make buttery nipple shots. Otherwise I strongly recommend the steaks. We had fillet and lobster. It was perfect.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

We had a great dinner here. Nice view of the harbor and decorated for Christmas. They even had snow blowers running in the evening along the outside walk way.