“HELL HOLE!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelodge Fort Myers North
Florida City, Florida
“HELL HOLE!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

We used our wynhdam rewards points to book this hell hole (unknowingly) for Dec. 25-26, 2011). First off, the key would not open the door. I went down and the desk person gave me 2 more keys which one worked and the other didn't. Then when we got in, OMG what have we walked into.(Room 230) I call the desk and asked did he give me the worse room in the building. The curtains were shammed and faded, there were 2 top sheets on the bd, a big hole in the box spring, I pulled the sheets back and the mattress had huge stains (blood or something) and the inside of the comforterhad terrible and unacceptable stains.He asked what was the problem and I proceeded to tel him. I told me to come and get another key for another room(226). Of course, once again the key did not work and I had to walk back down again for more keys. The room looked a little better but when I pulled back the comforter, if had red stuff on it and big stains. I personally took it down stairs to show this guy who was left in charge at the desk. By now, he is upset or annoyed with me but I didn't care. I took pictures of everything and I will work until this rat hole is closed down. He did not have a new comforter to give me but he said he would bring one to my room. OMG. Then I went to shower and pulled back the curtain only to find the curtain black stained with mildew. I couldn't believe it. I got on the phone with corporate and wynhdam rewards and I demand a refund on my rewards and to be compensated for this torture. We had no choice but to stay there on the 25th because customer care for both businesses were closed until the 26th. I am still itching. Feel like something is crawling and pinching on my skin. When I go and get examined tomorrow and find out I have bug bites, I'm going to get PAID!!!!! DO NOT!!! I MEAN DO DO NOT TAY AT THIS DAYS INN> Go south. We stayed SOUTH DAYS INN on the 26th and it was new, luxurious and just super. Different as night and day. No cooperation from the corpopate office on the next day, just the run around. OHHH I forgot, I asked the front desk person, why do I have two flat sheets and no fitted sheet, he said it was their company policy, no fitted sheets. Now, days inn corporate, said they have never heard of such a thing before. Look out DAYS INN NORTH FORT MYERS, I AM COMING AFTER YOU!!!

Room Tip: I will down load picture this week!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jsmith9760
daysinnfm, Webmaster at Travelodge Fort Myers North, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Days Inn.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever and howsoever unlikely it can be.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness , hygiene related and all other problem in the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We are responding after taking honest efforts and not just to defend ourselves.

Once again please stay with us and experience the difference!

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Leominster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I should've read the reviews earlier....booked this through price line, thought 1 night wouldn't be so bad, didn't stay 1 night. Should be called the Days Out...first off the room 241 smelled of mold, the bathroom door wouldn't close & had graffiti written all over it. Then the toilet clogged and waste water was all over the floor...tried to call the front office but guess what the phone wouldn't work. So my husband went down to the office with fire under his heels at this point, soon to return, slow poke jo shmo from the front office came up shortly after to offer us the room right next door this was his "even better idea" oh yeah such a better idea the window was completely broken. That was it out we were and no less then 10 minutes later checking in across the street @ the Red Roof Inn! The Red Roof was wonderful! NEVER AGAIN DAYS INN!!!!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor stay across the street at the Red Roof Inn
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pixiedust11
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn and staying with us during your last visit.

We appreciate your review and take your observations quite seriously to improve our guest services.

Appropriate steps have been taken that such an unlikely incidence never occurs again.

The housekeeping and maintenance staff have been really put to task to attend each of your point of observation.

Hope you would also appreciate our efforts and choose to stay with us once again.

Travellers are raving about these North Fort Myers hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

The hotel parking lot was primarily used as a thoroughfare for loud cars with loud stereos. Alot of activity going on at this hotel, more so than just leisurely travelers staying here. Don't stay here if you value your peace and quiet; if not for the air conditioner as white noice, the street traffic can be easily heard. The friendliness of the staff was just average, as I've experienced better. Overall, spend the extra money and stay somewhere down the way.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn during your visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We are investigating the telephone call related issue and have taken necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incident.

We care for the confidentiality and privacy of our guests and apologize for the unlikely experience mentioned by you.

We have engaged a professional team, with a strict instruction to check the rooms and amenities of the room before checking in a new guest and to investigate the noise issue.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Gainesville FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

This is a very satisfactory, no frills (e.g.. nothing but coffee in the A.M. - but a very good, cheap diner adjacent) motel. And the price was right. BUT after we got home I noticed that our bill included $1.50 for each of our two nights there for the room safe. That UPSETS me. The amount is trivial, but we did not use the safe - we barely noticed it - and no mention was made of it. I feel like they just slipped this in assuming we wouldn't notice/care. That seems wrong. The people at the front desk were very nice, but whoever did this seems guilty of fraud. Petty fraud, but fraud.
If it weren't for this one thing, I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthernSun1
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

My small dogs were attacked by fire ants on the hotels property and the front desk and mgmt did not care. They claimed the outdoors is not their responsibility.

There were bugs in our room and it looked like it was never vacuumed.

Day's Inn corporate office was worse! Their only response was that they are only the marketer of the chain and to direct all future complaints to the hotel directly (basically, Don't bother us)

This low budget hotel also charges local access telephone fees and safe fees!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Days Inn and also your review.

We apologize for the unfortunate incidence as you have mentioned and the suffering to your pets. Also the charges issue is being addressed.

We have taken note of your observations towards cleanliness and customer care and steps have been taken.

You will see a better experience next time. Trust us.

We invite you to visit us again.

Safety Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

We booked 7 rooms at the Days Inn in North Ft. Myers for our team. We chose the Days Inn due to proximity to our tournament and the fact that each room had a fridge and microwave. Upon opening the doors, the rooms smelled clean but upon closer inspection every one of the rooms was filthy dirty. The myriad of problems spanned all 7 rooms. Actually, the issues were in 9 rooms as one party was moved twice. I'm not unreasonable and understand that there may be an occasional, isolated issue in this type of lodging but this was not a 'one-off' issue. Bathrooms - Urine and hair on toilet seats and rims; sinks with old toothpaste, hair, and other filth; lots of hair on the floors and in tubs; dirt and dust on every surface; dirty mirrors. One of the rooms had a flooding toilet. Beds - Dirty sheets on several beds. When the sheets were removed, several mattresses had dark stains that looked like either blood or feces. Room in general - Dust, dirt, and hair on every surface and in the fridges. One of the front doors didn't lock at all. All rooms had a fridge and microwave except the one room where it was requested in advance and was needed for medication. The front desk was fairly quick to respond but didn't resolve much of anything except changing the dirty sheets and resolving the fridge issue. The lady from the front desk changed the sheets personally. She also supposedly 'cleaned' the bathroom in one of the rooms. It didn't seem like she did anything! I still had to go in behind her, spray everything with lysol, and clean myself. The amount of hair and dirt in my room was enough to turn my stomach. You could write your name in the thick dust on the top of the dressers. The beds were hard as rocks. This is not a hotel, it is a motel (rooms open directly outside, large window in front). The drapes didn't close all the way, so there was no privacy at all. The walls are so thin, I could clearly hear the conversation next door when the TV wasn't on and I was trying to go to sleep. Although the building is set back from the street, the traffic noise from US 41 was very loud most of the night. Obviously, we won't be staying here ever again.

• Stayed February 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn Fort Myers during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We have taken adequate steps to provide all the facilities to our guests visiting for medical purposes. We also have engaged a professional cleaning team, with a strict instruction to ensure the best hygiene at all times.

Please make a note of our efforts and we invite you once again to stay with us in future and have an all new experience.

Doncaster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

First the positives about this Motel:
It was cheap - $40.00 per day. (We paid an additional amount ($10.00 per day) to be off the car park side of the motel which was very noisy in the morning; Room 120, to move on to the garden and pool side of the motel; Room 125).
Equipment in the room was adequate. The room had A/C, coffee maker, TV, safe (free), fridge, microwave, telephone, shower and bath and two double beds.
The reception staffs were really helpful and went out of their way to help: Our coffee maker didn’t work and reception had it replaced by the hotel maintenance man. The hairdryer did not work and because the maintenance man did not replace it after we reported it, the receptionist removed one from an out-of-service room and replaced it himself.
The maid replaced or tidied the towels each day.
The negatives:
The cleaning of the room was very poor. The cabinet that contained the TV had been pulled out at some time (probably to get to the TV plug) and the dust that I could see behind this had to be seen to be believed. The dust under the beds was the same. (When you find dust you look for more don’t you?)
On two occasions the beds were not made and we returned to them as we had left them in the morning. On one occasion the maid knocked on the door at 9.10am and asked if she could do the room, on another we returned to the hotel early (3.30pm) to find the room had not been done and had to wait outside while the room was made up.
The bath was left either un-cleaned or poorly cleaned. It was probably difficult to clean because the water went down the plughole so slowly
Sometimes the maid forgot to replace the coffee and it was left to us to clean the coffee maker.
If we were to return to Fort Myers again we would not stay at Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill_Maltby
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Fort Myers
0.5 km away
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Americas Best Value Inn
#29 of 58 in Fort Myers
8.2 km away
Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers

Been to Travelodge Fort Myers North? Share your experiences!