“Relaxing Vacation”
Review of Far Horizons Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Far Horizons Motel
Reviewed 29 October 2015

My wife and I just spent another 4night stay at Far Horizons, As always the staff was so friendly and gave us excellent service. They are very personable, I look forward to our next visit next year. Our stay this year was relaxing and enjoyable. The motel is in a great location, close to shopping and places to eat. There are many places to stay along the coast but I find this property is very homey and just steps from the sand, and the pool area is very private relaxing.

Room Tip: close to area malls, movies, shopping, outdoor activites
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2015

My aunt and uncle stay here several times a year. Very clean great location resonable rates. Quiet for older couples and easy walk to restaurants. Nice ocean views and a very clean beach. Great value stay.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015

The people here just couldn't be nicer and more accomidating. The nicest rooms and so clean. The entire grounds are clean and lovely. We hope to stay here in the future. We felt lucky to have stayed there, especially since we were last minute visitors.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

This place is always clean always comfortable and always a great deal only place on the beach that I can find a deal like this my aunt has a unit in there and I was have a nice relaxing time for a good price! Best deal Readington Beach in my opinion

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

We just love this place....nice, quiet hotel, with a full kitchen....nice breezeway to hang out in and relax....will be bringing the family here from now on. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. Already booked a room for December

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank BrianMartin
Reviewed 21 April 2015

First off, I am not a travel snob. If I'm at the beach, my first priority is beach view, second is safety, and third is cleanliness/comfort. I could care less about fancy furnishings. When the motel called me to let me know that they needed to switch our room because a longterm guest had broken an ankle, of course I was understanding and concerned for her. I was also in the middle of doing several other things and the full reason for the switch and our new location didn't come out until I we got there and I had to question the manager. The real reason for our room being switched from beach view to just a poolside door with a window view of the front parking lot was that when the lady broke her ankle, she wanted a beach view downstairs. Instead of us being switched to her upstairs beachview room, she got our room and someone else who called AFTER we did got her upstairs beach-view room because they were staying longer, and we got a crappy, no-view room. The manager comped us a night's stay because of it, and I agreed, because as I said I had a lot of things going on and didn't realize the shuffle meant we had no beach view. I understood it to be a swap between us on the bottom floor and hers on the top. Yes, I realize that it's a business and they want to make money. But if you're taking your only child to spring break to see the beach the one time in a year that she gets to see it, the motel should put in HONEST, LARGE FONT on the website that they reserve the right to move you to any room they choose so they can make more money. When I asked if the reason we got bumped was because they were making more money giving someone else our original room, she said yep. What the ???? Well, at least she was honest. And totally uninterested in her customer's satisfaction. On top of that, the beds were worse than I'd slept on when I took a road trip after college 20 years ago and stayed in motels far cheaper than this one, and this was the only place I have EVER paid to stay where the windows had simple blinds and no blackout drapes, even though they put us facing the street and the motel next door, so it was like trying to sleep in our car in a Circle K parking lot fully lit. The bathroom had black mold stains on the ceiling, as well, so if you have allergies be advised.
The walkout to the beach from the motel was nice, and so were the well-heated pool and the nice other guests, but the money-grabbing room-switch, the dismissive attitude of the manager, and the sub-par room that they stuck us with made sure we would never return. If this is a short but special stay for you, don't get shafted. Stay somewhere with better truth in advertising. If you're a snowbird, then by all means, enjoy your preferential status. Maybe when I'm 70 I'll return. Hmmm, nah.

Room Tip: I have no tip because even though we reserved and paid deposit for a beach view, we were bumped for...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank AmyPerry
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We live on the east coast of Florida, but just love the west coast. We stayed and Far Horizons motel this past October 2014, we absolutely loved the property, quiet, clean, close to everything. The staff was very pleasant & Helpful. If you are looking for a quiet place on the Beach Far Horizons is the place. My only complaint would be I couldn't stay Longer.

Room Tip: They have rooms facing the water, I would have liked, only thing is if you are looking for somethin...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
4.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Madeira Beach
3.4 km away
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach

Been to Far Horizons Motel? Share your experiences!