“Sooo Disappointed after 14 years”
Review of Far Horizons Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Far Horizons Motel
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My family has been going to the Far Horizons for the past 14 years. We would occupy anywhere from 5 to 8 rooms for a long weekend. We always had a great time. We always reserved our rooms for the next year the last day of our stay, being told we had to wait til that day to reserve.
However, this year, the day I got there (Thurs) were ROACHES in the bathroom, under the sink in the kitchenette and on the floor in the living area. The first night there was sand all over the bed.
Day 2 (Fri) I told they young lady in the office. The housekeepers came and changed the sheets on the bed. Nothing was done about the roaches.
Day 3 (Sat) there was a LIVE ROACH in the bathtub, and one crawling across the bed. Again, I told the young lady in the office. She was disinterested. Nothing done.
Day 4 (Sun) The office was closed so there was no way to ask if they were going to do anything about the roaches, and of course no clean towels.
Day 5 (Mon) A member of our family went to the office to reserve their room for next year and was told by the young lady at the desk that their room had already been taken!! Then as I was packing I pulled the sheets down on my bed to make sure nothing was left in the bed and I found a dead roach at the end of the bed. I had the young lady from the office come into the room to show her. She acted shocked at that and also the other roached in the room. I guess she didn't believe me for the past several days. When a family member commented that the health department would not approve of the conditions she told me that I would be reimbursed for the weekend.
WELL..................It is now the end of October and I have not been reimbursed a dime. I have called several times and all she says is that the president of the association has told her no. She will not give me the presidents phone number or address for me to contact her.
My family had wonderful "family weekends" for 14 years and now we will never go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
14  Thank lorinfl

Reviewed 8 April 2010

We Stayed on Easter sunday & left on thursday.We had a room down stairs gulf veiw with a balcony.OMG what a veiw....WE LOVED IT!!!! We have two Daughters 6 & 7 and they had so much fun, It was from the heated pool to the beach to play in the sand.Very glad we looked at the reviews,Not a 5 star hotel but it felt like one. This has been one of the most Perfect vacation we have had. Great Staff in the office,very Friendly maid service.needless to say YES we will tell all our Friend & Family about this Place. Can't wait till next year!!! PS.. We Brought our own pillows and had a great night Sleep.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank marisparr
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Stayed here a couple days for the first time. We would go back. Rooms are clean, front office and help is very friendly. Pool was oh so warm; it was GREAT! Right on the beach and had a great deck to sit and sun on. Also no problem parking as with some other places.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Beach is literally outside the back door. 4th time in 3 years in the area and this location was closest to the water. Lots of beach for walking. Plenty of chairs. Friendly guests and staff. Very accomodating, though not bothersome. Great sunsets. No hairdryers in room but one to borrow. Husband liked lazyboy. Husband would have liked TV in bedroom. Would like to have had a full-length mirror in the room. Pool area had plenty of seats. Kitchen had all imaginable utensils, etc. Liked the location because it was a little less spring-break crowd and more family crowd. More condos/hotels and less commercialization. Enjoyed Conch Republic (2 for 1 happy hour and good food) and Kenny's Korner for bfast. JD's (Indian Rocks) had good wings, but less impressive breakfast. Best meal grouper ceaser salad at Woody's in St. Pete beach.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We have been staying at Far Horizons for the past three years, at least once sometimes twice a year. The location is wonderful, staff is very friendly, the room has usually be very clean, and the price can't be beat! Yes, the beds are hard, as mentioned in previous reviews, but the beautiful sunsets make up for that! This time, however, the room was not as clean as usual, towels were stained, and the placemats on the table were gross. We also had bed bugs visit us during the night, lots, in both beds. As it was 3:00 a.m. there wasn't much we could do until the office opened at 8:00. We were given a full refund (we were suppose to be staying for the weekend and this was only Friday) but we were disappointed in that they did not offer much of an apology or offer some enticment to possibly keep our business. Not sure we will be back which is sad after going to the same motel for several years.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank cbb43
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We stayed at The Far Horizons over a weekend in May. It was fantastic. Everything looked like it had just been finished updating with all new tiles floors throughout the building, etc. It's a small place, but right on the beach and PERFECT for a quiet weekend. It has a large pool, which is rare for a place on the beach. Right on the patio is tiki huts to enjoy the beautiful sunsets. We stayed in room #20 and it was perfect. The place also had free wifi so I could check my email while I was away. It even had a recliner to relax in! I will definitely be going back next year.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2008

This is a SSL property and is just a joy to stay at! We requested a gulf side room and were accomodated just fine. When we tried to sleep on the beds they were very uncomfortable but when we requested another gulf side room we got an even better surprise by staying on the 1st floor. It is literally only steps to the sandy beach. Oh, and the pool! It is awesome! The property website doesn't mention this, but it is salt-water. Way better than chlorine. We have stayed at properties that were 3 times the money and this was the best yet. We will return, in fact I have inquired about purchasing a unit if anyone would ever give one up. You will not experience better maid service anywhere on the beach. They keep your room clean and neat and supply you with whatever you request, pronto. So please remember to tip them! Check out Dockside Dave's while you are there, the grouper fritters are to die for, there are coupons in the lobby. Oh yeah, and free WI-FI! I have posted pictures or our room and the view. Room 21 is upstairs and needs updating, room 7 is AWESOME. So is Karen!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Redington Beach
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
0.2 km away
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
0.4 km away
Malibu Beach Resort
Malibu Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in North Redington Beach

Been to Far Horizons Motel? Share your experiences!