All reviewsbudget pricewalls are paper thinrooms are largegood sizesouth floridahangerscoffeemaker
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I prepaid through another site for 5 nights. If I wouldn't have been working 15 hours a day and basically using this place to sleep only, I would have tried to get my money back. As it was, the following were issues:
1. The whole place is shabby. Stains on the carpets in the lobby. Holes in the outer brick walls. Trash piled around the dumpster. Hot tub literally boarded over.
2. Pests. I had ants in my room--twice---in different areas. And not in any food I had either.
3. Amenities--or lack of them. No microwave. No fridge.
4. Mildew in tub. A lot of it. Obviously haven't heard of bleach.
5. Ice machine. It was outside and it was nasty. I actually couldn't believe people were using it.
7. Staff. Very uncaring, not rude but you could tell they didn't care.
8 Security. One night my keys suddenly did not work. Took my wallet to the lobby to get them recoded. They never even asked me for my ID or anything, just took the keys and recoded them.
All in all, this is not a good place. I did contact Motel 6 but haven't heard back......I would avoid this, the low price is there for a reason!!!

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us here at Motel 6 Ocala. We apologize your expectations were not met. We do have micro fridge rooms although a limited number, you must request that room type .
We have nearly half the carpeting removed in our lobby today and will remove the remainder tomorrow and have the carpet squares and carpeting ready to install and we are very excited about that.
We have been working very hard to make improvements on our property and are very sorry we fell short of making your stay great.
We hope your next stay is all you expect and more and you see lots of improvements each and every time you visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

This Motel 6 is very large, as the name "Conference Center" might suggest. The room is also very large and contains two double beds with a night stand and two lamps between the beds. TV is set on a long low dresser which has two drawers on each side and a good size mirror on the wall behind it. There is a square table with a nearby wall mounted lamp as well as a good quality office type wheeled chair. The light switch at the door operates a floor lamp in the corner. The room lacks many amenities that I have seen in other motels on this trip (i.e refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, and personal toiletries except for the soap bars). Since I don't need any of these anyway, I am perfectly content to forego them in exchange for the budget price of $50 tax included. The flooring is rather new looking wood parquet and the walls are well painted with only one small scuffed area. The vanity has one sink, but the counter is very long, giving you more than enough room for all your needs. The mirror is ceiling high and the length of the counter. There is an open alcove area with several hangers and a clothes rod with a self contained shelf. Also a folding luggage rack. The bathroom is sufficiently large with a heavy tile floor and the walls, like those in the room, are in very good condition. The shower was very good with plenty of pressure and hot water. The only negative, which might be a put-off to some, is the condition of the tub, the tile, and the shower curtain. The tub is porcelain and definitely shows its age. Much of the tile grout is black and grungy looking and the shower curtain is a brownish color which doesn't allow much light into the shower when closed. It's not dirt or anything like that, but rather just a dark color. Since the rest of the room is in much better condition, I am thinking that bathroom renovation might soon be on the calendar. So, anyone looking for a clean, comfortable, no-frills room at a good price, I predict that you will be hapoy here. There is also a rather large size pool area. I arrived after dark, am only here for the night and, as a result, I didn't pay it much mind. There appears to be a huge lawn area surrounding the pool.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell us of your stay here at Motel 6 Ocala. We are so very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again soon.
You are the guests that put a smile on our face and a heart for great service to you, our valued guests.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We stayed here because it was the only place I could find, close to Gainesville, that allowed dogs. All other dog friendly hotels were booked. We were in a room along the noisy highway. The highway noise wasn't as bad as the noise from the other rooms. People, who seemed to be long term guests, were outside our room all night long. They would go in and out of their rooms, to their cars, and hang out outside. A bit shady to say the least. The room was very minimal and dated.

Room Tip: Do not get a room along the highway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us here at Motel 6 Ocala. We are sorry your stay was not what you had expected it to be.
We really cannot control who stays with us and what type of people they may be as that would be discriminatory, however, had you called the front desk to let us know what you were experiencing we would have dealt with any issues at that time immediately and perhaps could have made your stay better for you.
We hope your next stay is all that you hope it would be and more .
Blessings and Warm Regards...

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

We stopped for rest at 2.00 am and left by 7:30. If we wouldn't have been exhausted, we wouldn't have stayed at all. The room smelled like mold and mildew. And the sheets were wet! There was hair in the tub, so none of us showered. I don't recommend this one:(

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2017

We are truly sorry your stay was not what you had hoped for. We certainly wish you had called our 24 hour desk and let us know you were not happy with your room and we would have been more than happy to accommodate your needs.
We apologize and hope your next stay is everything you hope for and more.

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

If you're expecting the Ritz Carlton for this price check what you are smoking. I paid $44.94 and got a $44.94 room, clean but dated, maybe beyond its expiration date.

What bothered me was the lack of maintenance apparent everywhere you look. Light above the stairs near 228 burned out making the stairs treacherous. The AC unit was older than the hills and missing the louvered cover. They don't give a darn. Clearly a case of the owner milking the cow dry.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Eric D
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us here at Motel 6 Ocala. We appreciate your business and we are sorry you felt we are milking the cow dry at $44.94 a night. We pride ourselves at offering a clean comfortable room at the lowest national price and apologize deeply we had a light bulb out and a cover missing on your AC. Next visit if you experience any issues as the two you described to us and pick up the phone and let us know we would be more than happy to immediately take care of those quick fix issues. Our goal always is to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable.
Thank you again for sharing.
Blessings and Warm Regards...