“Good Value.”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Troy, Michigan, USA
“Good Value.”
Reviewed 19 June 2010

This hotel is newer - excellent location (next to lots of restaurants and freeway). For the value it's good. Good breakfast (not free - but worth it), and good staff. Okay rooms - they have a 'country' feel but still clean and roomy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I stayed here with my 11 year old daughter the night before a nearby horseshow. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The thing I was most impresed with was that soneone took the time to find my Hilton Hhonors number so I'd get points for my stay. I made my reservation online and did not include the number. Upon check-in I asked the gentleman if he had a way to look it up (I couldn't find my card). He said he'd be glad to and then noticed it was already applied to my reservation. I was SUPER impressed with that!

I had a room with 2 queen beds. They were extremely comfortable...better than my high-end mattress at home. The room was spotless, the soaps and lotions were nice, and the AC unit worked perfectly and wasn't loud. I could not have been happier with my room.

The location is close to the interstate but kind of hard to get in and out of due to heavy traffic and lack of turning lanes. However, this is not enough to deter me from staying again. My daughter competes in horse shows near this hotel several times a year and we plan to stay at the HIlton Garden Inn from now on,

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Ventura, California
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I have stayed at this property several times and always found it to feel clean and new with professional service. This trip is different. First the young man who checked me in basically called me a liar over some inconsequential comment. This was unsettling bacause I was not lying and it was utterly disrespectful.

The room wasn't as clean or new as I remembered. Housekeeping did a great job, but the walls were water stained in the corner and the room smelled like mildew- especially when the AC was turned off. There were stains on the carpetting, the TV cut in and out, the remote was difficult to work (kept sticking), the AC kept turning off at night and it was much too warm, and the refrigerator was extremely loud.

I would still choose the HGI over the Hampton in this area, but next time I may leave Hilton properties altogether. I'm not sure if I would recommend this hotel or not.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank stace120
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed 28 January 2009

HGIs are Hilton's signiture brand of express hotel. They are generally consistant & this one ranks high in my book as an excellent hotel at a fair and reasonable price. Most are not overpriced & run about 10-20% more than the more run-of-the-mill express hotels like Hampton or Holiday Inn Express. This hotel follows that general rule & is fairly priced at about $89, add $10 for the B&B special which gives you an excellent full breakfast for up to 4 people (regular price is $11 per person). HGIs have 2 types of beds and this hotel has the better of the two, a very comfortable plush. The other type is a pseudo-sleep number bed which I (and others I've talked to) find hard and not nearly as comfortable, even though it is considered by Hilton to be an upgraded bed. Good value - I pd. $20 w/ B&B option more than the nearby Holiday Inn express, and it was worth every penny.

• Liked — the beds & room appointments
  • Disliked — there is nothing I disliked
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 24 April 2008

We had a really good experience with Hilton in Orange Park. From arriving seriously late (after Midnight) and being welcomed w/ a personal (felt) welcome, to the personal goodbye as we walked out the door. Everything in between was great also. The room ( a King bed -very comfy) was plenty big, with a comfortable place too sit and work at my laptop, loved the Free in room wireless. The maid service was unobtrusive and the room was spotless every time we arrived back at night. The in-hotel restaurant served breakfast and dinner, possibly lunch also (we were never there). We only took advantage of breakfast, which was a combination of a buffet and fix too order (french toast, omelets). There were other amenities we never took advantage of heated pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, well stocked snack area. The only hitch we had was trying to do a in room movie, the hotel was having issues w/ there cable/satellite service and the movie was hitching. The front desk worked w/ us, thru 3 attempts and removed all charges when we decided we weren't happy with the reception. No parking issues and restaurants were readily available in the area, thou we chose most of our restaurant based on tripadvisor.com recommendation. I definitely recommend this hotel too any type of traveler and would stay here again myself.

• Liked — over all the staffs friendlyness
  • Disliked — in-room movie service was not up too par
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Loved the location and the convenience of having a restaurant in the hotel that you could eat a real breakfast in. Although the Hotel looked very clean when we first checked in, Our room on the third floor looked like the maid worked for Motel 6 before coming to the Hilton. The bathroom was filthy and it looked like the room had never been dusted or vacuumed. I saw where someone had clipped their toe nails and left them on the carpet. I immediately asked to change our room and the front desk clerk put us in a room on the 4th floor which looked like it had never been used. It was very clean and smelled heavenly like when you get in a new car. I met the housekeeper who was responsible for our room on the 4th floor the next morning. A very pleasant talkative lady who recommended the restaurant in the Hotel for breakfast and told us about the Mall nearby where we could go shopping for a gift that we needed. We stayed at the hotel for 4 days and were very satisfied with the service, cleanliness and the food at the restaurant. We will be back in the Summer and will request a 4th floor room from the start to save us from having the trouble of asking to move.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of the first room we were put in.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 May 2007

We were in Orange Park for the night and we didn't book a place to stay. I knew there were plenty of hotels on 17 (Park Ave) so I figured we would just walk in that night. When I saw there was a Garden Inn, I said "let's try it" since we had stayed at the one in Tampa and it was really nice. The guy that checked us in said it had just opened on Wed (this was Sat). It was very nice and clean and I was really impressed! I am in Orange Park often and I've seen a lot of the hotels and this one is by far the nicest. We will be back at the end of June and we will stay here again. It was a little more than other hotels in the area, but the bed was heavenly, there was a flat screen tv, a fridge (empty, too - I hate having to take all the stuff out to put mine in), a microwave and a coffee maker. There was also free wireless internet. Oh - the alarm clock was really nice and atomic - something you think is no big deal. But I've been in hotels before when the clock was set - we thought it was on PM but it really was on AM so the next morning it doesn't go off and you are late! You could also connect a MP3 player but I didn't look and see how. Overall, it was a quick but great stay and we will go back.

• Liked — great amenities
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
0.2 km away
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
3.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!