“If your not rich, FORGET IT.”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #7 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The lines were amazingly long. Some rides were 120 minutes. You read that correctly. Others were "only" 90 minutes long. The Express Passes themselves were $170.00!!! That`s per person!
The attractions themselves? Most are pure awesome.
But theres just to many damn people and the lines stink.
Oh and can someone please find me a bench to sit on? I dont understand the logic of no seating. You are walking all day long and need places to rest.

1  Thank ineedbooz
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent visit to Universal Studios. We always hope that our Guests have a fun-filled visit, and I'm sorry that your visit did not live up to your expectations. I'm glad to know that you loved many of our attractions, but I'm saddened to know that the attraction wait times and Express Passes prices left a bad taste in your mouth. I also appreciate the feedback you provided about the lack of seating throughout the park. If you would like to discuss your concerns in any additional detail, I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we are able to speak with you soon.

-Amanda

Write a ReviewReviews (31,960)
All reviews
in 761 reviews
"park pass"
in 548 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been to Universal Studios many times over the years and of course there have been a lot of changes. The first mistake was booking over the Easter holidays. Never did we imagine how busy it would be which is nobody's fault except our own but to not get on any rides was so disappointing especially for our 20-year old. We spent a lot of money on the tickets and then to find that you have to pay for fast passes on top was shocking! Added to this are the car park fees and the price of a drink, never mind food, which is a big hit on the funds. We went 3 times to both parks ( twice after 6 pm) to avoid paying for the car park and one full day. The full day was the worst. We took ages to park, the queue at security was manic to say the least, and when we finally rushed over to Kong Skull Island at 10 am, there was a 75 minute wait. The whole day was the same. In the total visits we made to Universal, we didn't get on any Harry Potter rides, Spider-Man, Transformers, Hulk or Rip Rocket. Total waste of money and we are so cheesed off. Never again. Disney all the way for us.

Hello,

I'm sorry to know that your visit to Universal Studios was negatively impacted by heavy crowds and long lines at various attractions. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that our pricing may have caused you and your family. It's also disappointing to hear that you were not able to enjoy a number of attractions during your visit with us due to the high wait times at the various attractions. If you would like to discuss your visit in any further detail I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we have the opportunity to speak with you soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most wonderful few days here and it’s fab to be able to jump park to park! Exceptionally clean and staff are awesome!!! Memories certainly made!!!

Hello Max,

I'm so pleased to know that you truly loved your visit to Universal Studios. It's wonderful to know that you were able to make some great memories to last you until your next visit. I appreciate the kind words that you have shared about your interactions with our Team Members, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Partially due to the season, I’m sure. However, having been to Disney World a couple days before, the differences were like night and day. The lines to the rides at Universal were much shorter, the staff much friendlier, the other park-goers more polite, and all around just a better experience. We will always look into Universal Studios before we head back to Disney. Don’t be put off by age, our daughters were 2 years and 4 months old, respectively. They even hold your place so that both parents can ride.

1  Thank Michael W

Hello Michael,

I'm so thrilled to know that you and your family had such a fun-filled and memorable visit to Universal Studios. It's great to know that all of the aspects of your visit came together to make your visit that much more enjoyable. I'm glad that you were able to experience many of our attractions while utilizing the Child Swap option. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did the non private /small group 2 Park 7 hour VIP tour and found it to be an overall good experience with an opportunity to be a fantastic experience if Universal did a better job in a few areas. The overall theme of my criticism is that the staff who work the 1-800 line selling the tours do not do a good job setting expectations about the tour. We were two people (aged 49 and 15) who were part of a group of 12. By the end of the day everyone in the group was complaining because the tour didn’t meet the expectations they had been given. From my perspective here are the issues and thoughts on how universal could easily fix them. 1) The tour is basically a set/fixed tour of the top 10 attractions in both parks and it is NOT flexible and they do not accommodate based on the groups input except in rare situations. From our perspective the top 10 rides were great and we loved the access and the rides. This was an issue for our group overall because most of the families in our group had kids who were 6-10 years old and couldn’t or wouldn’t ride many of the top 10. I think Universal needs to be upfront about the rides included in the tour and they need to provide guidance to guests interested in these tours about age and height restrictions. Another option would be to introduce a family friendly VIP tour that avoids the large coasters and scarier rides. One way or the other the families in our group didn’t have realistic expectations and it lead to a less than ideal experience. Most of us were told by the 1-800 staff who booked our tours that the itinerary was flexible based on the input of the group. This is not the case and should be made very explicit during the booking process. The booking process should include gathering of information about the ages of guests and efforts should be made to pair groups based on this information. Our guide Dani L was AMAZING and did her very best to make the most of the tour for everyone but if expectations were more clear up front it would’ve eliminated the stress and complaints. 2) Lunch - the lunch experience was bad. Everyone in our group of 12 was very unhappy about the lunch. The entire day of the VIP tour is truly VIP. You don’t wait in any lines, you access the rides and parks through private entrances, check in and breakfast are extremely well executed....it feels like a luxurious and VIP experience. Lunch was not a VIP experience. We were dropped at the front of a fast service restaurant and told to meet back there 75 mins later. The lines for food were long, the dining cards we were given to pay for the food weren’t processing quickly and it took a long time to check out and we had to search for tables like everyone else in the park. The food was average at best. It was a 75 min break from an overall VIP experience. The guides don’t stay with you. Again our guide Dani was amazing. This isn’t a critique of her, it is a complaint about the structure of the day. Instead of a full day VIP tour it felt like a VIP morning, a long lunch break as a regular park guest and a VIP afternoon. Universal has enough VIP guests they should be able to offer a private dining area or at least reserved seating. While we didn’t let this ruin our day it did significantly sour the mood of the group. This would be an easy and inexpensive thing for Universal to change.

Net overall we had a decent experience and I don’t regret doing the tour. It just seems like a shame because with a few changes it could be an outstanding experience.

3  Thank DFinnCincinnati

Hello,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback regarding your Non-Private VIP Tour at Universal Studios. I'm happy to see that your overall experience was a good one, but I appreciate the constructive criticism that you provided regarding certain aspects of the tour. I'm sorry that the booking department did set you up for success from the beginning. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy many of the attractions throughout the tour, but I can understand how the tour could be frustrating for other parties with younger children or participants who did not want to experience the larger thrill rides. I'm also sorry to hear that the dining experience during your tour was not ideal for the group. Please rest assured that I have formally documented your feedback regarding this so that it can be forwarded to the appropriate Management Teams. I'm glad that Dani was a great tour guide for you and that you enjoyed the time that you spent with her. Once again I truly appreciate the honest feedback that you provided, but if you would like to discuss your visit in further detail I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or you are welcome to send an email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. We look forward to hearing from you.