“Everything was amazing”
Review of Tiffins

Tiffins
Ranked #99 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This was definitely not the kind of meal I was expecting in a theme park, but everything was amazing. The restaurant is decorated in a wilderness theme with three main 'galleries'. We were in the grand gallery, and the host told us a little bit about it. It's intended to represent indigenous art that inspired the park, and wildlife. We were seated next to the butterfly wall, and there was also a lantern wall with a lit display of various animals against a blue and red cloth backdrop (symbolizing fire and water). The other main feature were the old carved totem poles which were originally at Camp Minnie-Mickey and was originally carved by Bali artisans. They are what inspired the carvings on the Tree of Life.

As we looked over the menu, I was delighted to see they had an octopus appetizer. Since it was Christmas Eve and it's a family/Sicilian tradition to have octopus/seafood on Christmas Eve, we ordered that for the table.

It was fantastic. When done poorly, octopus can be rubbery or chewy, but this was perfectly tender and flavorful. It was grilled grilled with salsify, saffron aioli and lemon-caper olive oil. We also splurged on a bottle of wine (a 2013 South African wine called Chakalaka Spice Route) which was really, really good - a dry red wine with an interesting flavor.

All of us had great meals. My husband and his father both got the duck confit, my husband's mother got a wagyu steak and I got chermoula rubbed chicken, which had a spice rub and was served over couscous with dried fruit, picholine olives, preserved lemon and harina yogurt. Even the kids' meals were amazing - one of the choices was 'grilled beef', which is what they both picked, and when it came they were basically filets! They ate them with relish (and were quite fond of the duck, as well).

Desserts were next. My husband got passion fruit tapioca, his father a decadent chocolate ganache, his mom got a gluten free variant of the ganache, I got a lime cheesecake made with coconut milk and over green tea sponge cake served with bits of mango and mango syrup and our kids got little chocolate cakes with malt balls and chocolate Mickeys. My cheese cake was great. Most cheese cakes are too rich for me, but this was light and citrusy and perfect.

We capped off the night with some French pressed (at our table) Ethiopian coffee with this amazing nutty taste.

A word about portion sizes - yes, they are smaller than some of the other restaurants, but this was a plus, in my book. It's clear the focus is on quality, not quantity, and for once I walked away from the table not feeling stuffed to the gills.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We choose this restaurant as we were looking to experience some different flavoured food. The service was slow even though the restaurant was only half full. The waiter was extremely busy and top up of water and seasoning took a while to request as difficult to grab attention. The worst part was undercooked chicken which the chef alleged was due to a vein. The area most certainly was raw and when it comes to customer service/satisfaction this I would have scored as a zero. I would wholly recommend trying the other restaurants as this place is pretentious with prices to match and appealing service leaving the customer feeling dejected.

3  Thank PaulaBev
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Tiffins was the best meal I've ever had within a theme park and as good or better than most of the Disney World resort hotel signature restaurants. The octopus appetizer, which was cooked sous-vide and then finished on a grill, was the best octopus I've ever eaten. The charcuterie board was also first rate, with very interesting house-made selections.

For my main course, I had the whole fried fish, which was yellowtail snapper on my visit. While the other entrees seem to be pretty small, even by fine dining standards, my fish was large and filling, Kudos to Disney for actually serving a head-on whole fish! It was perfectly cooked with extra crispy skin and fins, but still deliciously moist inside.

Instead of a sweet dessert, I ended with a cheese plate with a selection ranging from a mild triple-cream to a nice, strong blue cheese.

Interesting wine selection, with good recommendations for pairing glasses with courses. For such an expensive restaurant, the by-the-glass pricing was quite reasonable (some were even less than $10).

Service was everything I could ask for at this level of dining: friendly, informed, and experienced. Possibly the best service I've had at any Disney World restaurant not named Victoria & Albert's. I will definitely eat there again on my next trip to Animal Kingdom.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

My husband and I had reservations for the Rivers of Light (ROL) Dining Package, which afforded us the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing meal apart from the crowds and premier seating at the popular ROL Show. It’s a good value considering you can order any appetizer, main entreé and dessert off the regular menu without limitations. A non–alcoholic beverage is also included. We arrived for our 3:20 PM reservation and were seated promptly. The Grand Gallery where we sat is the largest of three dining rooms and boasts an impressive Lantern Wall inspired by RIvers of Light.

We were greeted by our friendly and awesome server, Toya, who provided stellar service. She was efficient, knowledgeable of menu items and she made some excellent recommendations. For starters, I ordered the Heirloom Tomatoes and Housemade Mozzarella and my husband ordered the Apple–Walnut Salad. Each were made with the freshest ingredients. Our entree’s included the Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib and Duo of Venison. The Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib were amazing! They were melt in your mouth flavorful and fork tender. My husband loved the venison. We would've gladly tried any dessert on the dessert menu. We opted for the Lime Cheesecake and South American Chocolate Ganache and split both desserts. They were equally delicious! Would love to see a Trio Sampler of desserts offered on the dessert menu next time.

Contrary to the negative comments below, my husband and I enjoyed an exceptional dining experience and would recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating a special occasion or desiring an upscale dining experience. Food portions are not as meager as other gourmet dining experiences we've had. We felt fully satisfied after our three-course meal and not overstuffed. What I particularly enjoyed was the unpretentious service. We could enjoy each course without feeling rushed. It was a welcome respite from a full day of walking throughout AK. The dining room was quiet at 3:30 PM but filled up quickly by 5:30 PM. Upon completion of your meal, you'll receive tickets to ROL and a copy of a print from Joe Rohde, the creative force behind Animal Kingdom.

I'd also like to recognize another Cast Member, Maria, who volunteered to give us a tour of the other dining rooms (Safari Gallery and Trek Gallery) and pointed out some interesting artifacts Joe Rohde and his fellow imagineers collected during their travels to Africa and Asia, which served as their inspiration for AK. Each dining room has its own unique personality and is set up like an art museum so, DO take some time to meander through these rooms before or after your meal.

Tip – If two shows are offered the day you plan to visit, book the earlier Rivers of Light Dining Package. This will allow sufficient time afterward to head over to Discovery Island to view Tree of Life Awakenings and the bioluminescence at Pandora – World of Avatar. With the addition of these new night time shows, Animal Kingdom transforms into a magical place and you won't want to miss out!

1  Thank 283Frequent_Traveler
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit. Came a few months ago and thought it was okay but nothing special. Our friends wanted to go so figured we would give it a second chance. The server kept forgetting everything! He even came off rude a few times. Definitely not a fine dining server. Half our food was too salty. And some portions were on smaller side for what you’re paying. Not a good value. The tomato salad was so small we were laughing so hard. The tiny size seemed like a joke for $14! Had a couple quarter size pieces of mozzarella and a couple tiny tomatoes. Wanted cappuccino at the end but since it was late they already cleaned the machine... not a very Disney thing to do let alone a fine dining establishment. Will not return and will not recommend to anyone. Better places to eat at Disney.

4  Thank Andrea T