“Amazin”

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 428 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
glasgow
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazin”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Loved this day as went for my boyfriends birthday. I would have preffered to have less than 9 people per dolphin.

Visited September 2011

• Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A luxurious, calming, fascinating time”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Loved it. A mom, dad, and 2 daughtersthat just graduated from college all agree on such a lovely experience. You check in like you are checking into a resort on Fiji. The customer service is excellent. The stingrays you swim with are huge. I was a little scared but it was fascinating. The aviary was an exceptional treat. Birds landed on my arms and sat on the top of my head like I was Cinderella. It was just so unforgettable. I noticed the water has a very calming effect on the children. We plan on going again in the next few months but won't do the dolphin swim. For a lot of people, that has always been a dream but for me it was a one time thing. One daughter fealt that's the whole point of the visit and recommends it.You swim with fish, baracudas, sharks behind glass. All meals and beverage are inclusive, food was great. I know it is a little on the pricey side but memories of a lifetime I will never forget made it worth it.

Visited February 2012
4 Thank ShowmewowZuckerman
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

If you like to snorkel all day, this is your place. So relaxing. One heated lagoon, other full of fish, coral and stingrays etc. Great food, snacks. Love this place!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank GHal05
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Discovery Cove is busy”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was our second time at Discovery Cove, having visited previously in 2009. It was an excellent day as on the previous visit but with the new lagoon open and nothing much to see around the lazy river at the moment it felt crowded - loved the dolphin interaction but will not be returning until the new freshwater reef is complete.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Shelly P
Northwood, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great experience for almost everyone”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband has been wanting to go to Discovery Cove for a while now, so I bought our tickets as his birthday present. We were going to Florida in February, so I chose the last day of the cheapest rates, knowing that I wouldn't be donig much there.

When we got there, they checked us in, gave us our lanyards/IDs, then off we went to get our gear and breakfast. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't overly great. It was great not having to worry about money all day or getting drinks, snacks, etc, and them being overpriced. Whenever we wanted something, you just went up and got it. They had breakfast and lunch served at the restaurant, then there were different places you could get snacks and drinks. They had everything from pop, water, margaritas, non alcoholic sluch, chips, ice cream bars, crackers, trail mix. It was great.

I didn't do the dolphin swim, just my husband did, but from what I watched, I expected to have more interaction with the dolphins and it to last a little longer. I'm not sure that it's worth the extra money.

I'm not a person to swim with fishes or go into an aviary (needless to say, I'm not an animal person), so there wasn't a lot for me to do, but to relax and enjoy the scenery. My husband loved the whole thing. I did try to do the lazy river, but I don't like the waterfalls in it (they have to have them to keep the birds in the aviary). I went under the second one and it started pushing me down and I couldn't get out and when I started screaming, the lifeguards didn't seem to really care. By the time I got out of that mess, I was just about done. The second thing that happened was while we were in the aviary in the lazy river, 2 birds were fighting or mating or something and they flew right into the back of my arm, scared the crap out of me and jabbed my with a beak. The young girl that was the lifeguard, didn't seem to care or even ask if I was alright. I did enjoy the rest of the lazy river though.

Overall, the place is beautiful, can be an amazing experience, depending on what you make it be, but can be overpriced. You do get a picture included with your admission, but it's not one of choice, it's the one they take as you walk in. I did purchase a picture of my husband kissing the dolphin ($20 for one picture is a bit much, but it was something he'll probably never do again), and we did purchase a little keychain souvenir. I was surprised byt the t-shirts. He wanted a t-shirt, but the mens ones had writing that was sparkly and didn't look like something a 46 man would wear, and I was hoping they would sell a photo album (I take tons of pictures of everything and actually print off my pictures), but they didn't have one. I was a little disappointed in that.

We really lucked out on the 10th of February to have a day that was over 80 degrees. Our day at Discovery Cove was beautiful and as we walked out that night, the dark skies and rain/lightning started rolling in. What a day!!

Note-I found that with only 4 things to do there wasn't much for me (but most would enjoy it), they are adding on a new attraction though.

Visited February 2012