“Decent hotel, close to parks”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #142 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Syracuse, NY
“Decent hotel, close to parks”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at Disney All Star Movie last week and had a great time. The rooms are small, but clean and for the amount of time you are in the room, the size really wasn't an issue. We had a first floor room, in Bldg. 10, Toy Story wing, which was very close to the Fantasia pool, parking, the main desk and cafeteria. The food was actually pretty good and you get quite a bit. We did the meal plan, which worked out great. We had breakfast or lunch and dinner at the hotel and we were able to refill the mugs at any time. The only thing I did not know until we arrived, was the refillable mugs are only refillable at the hotel. You can bring them to the parks, but you cannot refill them there. We had a refrigerator, which we did not pay extra for. I had read in previous posts that a fridge was an additional cost of $10, however, our room came with one, which worked out great for any food we brought or for the mugs if we filled them and did not want to bring them to the park or what have you. They have movies at night by the pool, which was fun and they have entertainment/games for the kids poolside as well. There is a bar for the adults by the pool as well. We didn't really spend too much time at the hotel, as we were at the parks 90% of the time, but the beds were comfortable, housekeeping did a good job and like I said, the rooms were clean, that is always my main priority. The shuttles go to the parks every 20 or so minutes, but we found it easier to just drive ourselves. If you stay on Disney property, parking at the parks is free. We were there during spring break for Florida kids, so the shuttles were standing room only and took longer to get back and forth then our own vehicle, so for us, driving ourselves over worked out better. All in all, great trip, great hotel especially for the price and the food was decent.

3 Thank seahorse32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

we had an AMAZING time here for Spring Break. The rooms are kinda small but you only sleep in them. The food in the dining room was GREAT! ( a little busy but thats expected during spring break) We never had a problem with transportation the buses were running right behind one another and the magic kingdom bus goes straight too the park and straight back to the hotel without stopping at the other resorts. The staff was VERY friendly and made my kids feel special. There is a ton for the kids to do in the arcade and there are movies by the pool. For as many people as there are it was quiet. We definatly plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Its worth upgrading to the toy story rooms just because they scenery is AMAZING!
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We just got back from Disney and I wasn't impressed with the hotel. The rooms are small. I had my wife and my 2 sons (3 years old and an 8month old). You couldn't move around in the room. The back of the hotel smelled like something died. We paid an extra per day for a very small plug in refrigerator that didn’t hold much. You cannot get a coffee pot in your room even on request. No hot tubs anywhere on the property and, the unlimited free refill cup will cost you 14$ per cup. There are no extra towels at pool side. I would have traded the lifeguards for a coffee pot in my room and a hot tub. I was in the Disney area last year. We paid the same as the Disney movie and had a 2 room Condo w/ a full kitchen, living room, and a washier and dryer. But on the up side the employees where very friendly.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We decided to try the All Star Movie Resort, because it was priced about the same as other moderate non-Disney properties and offered some perks that we would use. It offers free parking and transportation to all the parks as well as extended Disneyworld hours, all of which we considered extra value.

The room was slightly small but it was totally fine for the two of us. We were out the bulk of each day, so a very large room was not necessary. The room, main hotel areas, pool areas and grounds were clean, and we found the service to be helpful and friendly. This is a "Disney economy" resort so the dining options are limited but the food is fairly priced and good.

The Internet service was very good and worked easily every time with no issues.

We found the bed and room comfortable and would stay here again when we revisit Disney.

New York
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed 3/15-3/20. 2 Grandparents, 2 Parents,a 4 and a 2 y/o. Rooms small but nice, clean, recently renovated.Bed comfortable. Asked for and got adjoining rooms. Asked for Toy Story and after song and dance they gave it to us. I think the desk help is a little in experienced, to be expected.
Food good, inexpensive. Served cafeteria style, paper plates, plastic utensils.
Pool nice, kids loved it. 5 ft. deepest so no diving and really not for doing laps either.
Rented a car(Ford Explorer from Budget,excellent). Glad we did. Transportation looked to be crowded and infrequent.
Think of one of the better Holiday Inns you have stayed at and put it in a comic strip.
Would go there again with the kids,they loved it. Just the two of us, would go to a nicer property.

Room Tip: Some of the reviews were written before renovations.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have to say that I am a HUGE Walt Disney World fan. My family and I come down about once a year. I'm not a Disney expert, but I'm pretty close.

I like to stay on property because of the dining plan and the access to Extra Magic Hours. However, this trip was very spur of the moment and I couldn't get many days in a Disney value resort at the last minute. I could only get 2 nights here. Well, we stayed in some absolutely amazing off-site hotels the rest of the trip that put Disney's "motels" to shame. I paid less on Priceline for the Gaylord Palms, which is a 4 star resort, than I did for Disney's All Star Movies.

The beds were uncomfortable, the rooms small, the pool not very fancy, and overall this is overpriced. And this is coming from a HUGE Disney fan. In the future, unless we are getting free dining, I will stay offsite at much nicer hotels for a lot less than a Disney value hotel!

1 Thank t1lersm0m
Xenia, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My family stayed here a week ago and had an awful experience! The customer service was awful, and they were very unorganized. The resort lost my luggage the first day I arrived, and after they finally brought it back to me 6 hours after check-in, I went to dinner and came back to find that it was missing again. They had come back into my room while I was out, and taken my luggage, that had already been scanned into my room. They then took it to another guests room. Imagine my surprise when I came back to give my sons a bath, only to find I had no clothes for them. After talking to about 5 people (workers), and 3 hours later, I got my suitcase back, with no explanation and no apology. When I had originally booked the rooms, I requested a refrigerator for my parents room, as my father is diabetic and needed one for his meds. When we arrived, we did not have a refridgerator, so I called the front desk and they said they would get one to us. They did not. I called the next day, to say we had not gotten one yet, and they again, promised to bring one. We stayed for 5 days and never saw a fridge. I will never stay at this resort or the other value resorts again... our experience was less than magical.

3 Thank Kristin L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
7.7 km away
3.0 km away
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
4.2 km away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!