“too small of a room, had to drive there from the lobby”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #141 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We didn't really get the Herbie theme here. It was tight for 3 people in a standard room. the surrounding green space "could have been used to make larger rooms"as my daughter said for the guests. As a parent and the main navigator, the distance to Magic Kingdom really required a car for my non-mass transit oriented family. I did take the bus, but as disabled partially it was very difficult to manage. So if staying in the theme park is totally vital, study the geography first. This hotel was not close to Magic Kingdom. The on-site restaurant was adequate and far from exciting or outstanding.

Room Tip: As I said above it is good to luck at a map and choose a hotel that is close to the theme park. Als...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mackay T

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have been to Disney more times than I can count. We usually stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge by renting points from vacation club owners. It enables us to stay for about 150-190 per night. However, we decided to extend our vacation an extra night and could not a villa at one of the lodges. We were able to get a great rate at the All Star.
I had low expectations because I heard it is an overcrowded motel with nice eye candy. I didn't expect much more.
I was given the furthest building from the main pool and food area. I asked if I could upgrade and I could not. Well I'm glad I didn't because the walk from the furthest building possible was hardly a walk at all. Everything is close. The food court was excellent. Much better than the deluxe resorts. I think the Grand Floridian has the worst of all.
The chocolate chip cookie icecream sandwich is the best. They put 3 scoops of ice cream on it and it counts as a snack credit. My daughter and I split one and had a hard time finishing half ! They have great dinner options, reasonably priced.
Then we walked to the pool and played trivia games for about an hour.
The pool was warm.

We had a car so I can't speak for the bus system. But I used the hotels airport check in desk before I left to go home. It was so convenient. They gave me boarding passes so I could skip the check in line at the airport.

I would stay here again! Its well worth the money. Its not flashy like the lodges but it feels like Disney! I would pick this resort over Old Key West or Saratoga Springs or even one of the moderates.
The only drawbacks were the lack of a hot tub an think hotel walls. i could hear the toilet flushes next door and the water running. Other than that, no complaints.

Room Tip: You don't have to pay extra for a preferred room. The furthest location is still only a 3 minut...
1  Thank kaykels
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My son and I stayed here 2 times. The first time we stayed in 2008 in the Herbie Love Bug section. We had requested this section because my son loved tools at the time. When we arrived they had us booked into the Mighy Ducks section but we were able to switch us to our requested section after some sweet talking. Although this is not a preferred section my son was only 3 and he had no trouble walking to the main building for food or for the bus stop. There was a great splash pad in front of our section.
The second time we stayed was in 2009. We met friends there who were able to stay nearby but not in connecting rooms. We paid for preferred rooms in the Toy Story section and we were no closer than when we didn't pay and stayed in the Herbie section. Our rooms were so much cleaner in 2008 in the Herbie section. We found children's toys and shoes under our beds in 2009 in the Toy Story section. I was very disappointed in the cleanliness the second time around.
The walking is really not far compared to most of the moderate resorts. There is no sit-down restaurant and the food court is always crazy busy. The chef was great and was able to accomodate my son's allergies for the trip. The parking was close to the rooms so this was an added bonus.
The pools are not so great at this resort. The main Mickey pool is cold and busy. We never made it to the Mighty Ducks pool as it was too far away. The children's pool is great, right by the laundry but parents like to leave their children unsupervised while they do laundry or hang out in nearby rooms.
We would not return to this resort and would go to the Pop Century over this resort any day.

Room Tip: The rooms are all within reasonable walking distance.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at Disney's All-Star Movies March 3-10. We had a great experience and love the transportation. We paid extra to have a preferred room so we would be close to the transportation. Quick walk every day from our room to the hotel lobby/food/transportation to parks. The only negative is we were guaranteed connecting rooms, but they did not have connecting rooms. We were very upset with that as we have 3 children. The did offer to move us the 2nd day but we chose to not move and it worked out fine. We did get $100 credit so that was nice. Food was wonderful! All over the parks and at the resort they offer a variety of foods for all dietary needs. I can not have gluten and they made me special to order foods for each meal and the food was awesome!! Definitely get the meal plan! We did not and when we go back we will get the dining plan, it will be well worth it. The rooms are not large, but you are never in your room. There is enough room to move around, get up and get ready in the morning and at night. Transportation to the parks and back was seamless and fantastic. We never had to wait. The day we left spring break started and there were a ton of cheerleaders and they were very noisy!! Glad we left when we did. The pools were fun, the kids enjoyed them each night. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for preferred rooms - avoid noise from the roads and close to the lobby and transportation to th...
1  Thank lynnette4avon
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you're in Orlando to go to the Disney parks as much as possible, this is a good pick. Super 8+ in amenities and ambiance, it's the minimum price to pay for access to the intra park bus system, free airport transportation, free park parking for those w/ cars (save $14 a day that way) and extra magic hours. Clean and serviceable. Groceries can be delivered, offsetting the cost/health of food court food. Cute extra activities included an outdoor movie every night.

Room Tip: A little extra $ gets you closer to the main dining/pool area, and a refrigerator. (We stayed in the...
1  Thank akali5on
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at Disney All Star Movie last week and had a great time. The rooms are small, but clean and for the amount of time you are in the room, the size really wasn't an issue. We had a first floor room, in Bldg. 10, Toy Story wing, which was very close to the Fantasia pool, parking, the main desk and cafeteria. The food was actually pretty good and you get quite a bit. We did the meal plan, which worked out great. We had breakfast or lunch and dinner at the hotel and we were able to refill the mugs at any time. The only thing I did not know until we arrived, was the refillable mugs are only refillable at the hotel. You can bring them to the parks, but you cannot refill them there. We had a refrigerator, which we did not pay extra for. I had read in previous posts that a fridge was an additional cost of $10, however, our room came with one, which worked out great for any food we brought or for the mugs if we filled them and did not want to bring them to the park or what have you. They have movies at night by the pool, which was fun and they have entertainment/games for the kids poolside as well. There is a bar for the adults by the pool as well. We didn't really spend too much time at the hotel, as we were at the parks 90% of the time, but the beds were comfortable, housekeeping did a good job and like I said, the rooms were clean, that is always my main priority. The shuttles go to the parks every 20 or so minutes, but we found it easier to just drive ourselves. If you stay on Disney property, parking at the parks is free. We were there during spring break for Florida kids, so the shuttles were standing room only and took longer to get back and forth then our own vehicle, so for us, driving ourselves over worked out better. All in all, great trip, great hotel especially for the price and the food was decent.

3  Thank seahorse32
Reviewed 26 March 2012

we had an AMAZING time here for Spring Break. The rooms are kinda small but you only sleep in them. The food in the dining room was GREAT! ( a little busy but thats expected during spring break) We never had a problem with transportation the buses were running right behind one another and the magic kingdom bus goes straight too the park and straight back to the hotel without stopping at the other resorts. The staff was VERY friendly and made my kids feel special. There is a ton for the kids to do in the arcade and there are movies by the pool. For as many people as there are it was quiet. We definatly plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Its worth upgrading to the toy story rooms just because they scenery is AMAZING!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
7.7 km away
3.0 km away
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
4.3 km away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!