“Great resort for the price.”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #141 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Great resort for the price.”
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

This is a great resort for the price. No frills, travel is all by bus, but cheap and still got Disney perks. Rooms are small, like the price. Food court was typical fast service.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank disneygirl75mom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Russellville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just returned from this trip and it was great! This property was just what you would expect for a value resort. It was a nice, clean room with the necessities. Pool area, dining, gift shop, arcade were all nice, clean facilities. Staff was excellent - helpful and able to answer all questions. I would highly recommend purchasing the dining plan as well. It saved a lot of money as food is very expensive! Overall, a great place to stay for the price. Thanks Disney!!!

Room Tip: We obtained our reservation through Small World Vacations and they strive to get you the best room p...
1 Thank Morrisonfamily3
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The All Star Resorts are one of the most affordable resorts which Disney has to offer.
I am not expecting too much from them as I had stayed Animals Kingdom lodge last time, it is no comparsion according to funishings and the amendities.

The first three days were the most horrible travelling experience that I d'ever been.
On April 14.2012, we arrived the hotel at 9:30pm. The gentlement at the front desk was very polite and efficient, however, I was not very appreciated with the luggage delivery services, according to the website, it did not mention that there is a waiting period for 3-4 hours, by 2 am, I still did not receive my luggage, my family had travelled 22 hours on a flight and would like to take a hot shower before bed, however, we can't as we have nothing to get change. Plus there was lots of food scrapes left under the TV chest at a very visible sight. Vaccuming the carpet was desperatly necessary.

For my family, we had not seen each other for five years, for this family reunion trip, my gang had 5 adult, 3 seniors, 1 handicapped, 1 six yrs old and a one yr old. We are travelling from 3 countries to orlando, Florida. Not only I had to make sure they were fine and I have to make sure everything I booked were attend to their daily necessities.

On April, 15.2012, our second nite, we were beneficial with the extended magic hours, we went back the hotel late, my great grandma needed a shower cap, so I called down the front desk for a shower cap, the FEMALE OPERATOR was VERY rude and told me to run down to the tuck shop to get them "AT 1 AM IN THE MORNING", first of all, I guess she forgot she worked in a "SERVICE INDUSTRY" , she got a big time ATTITUDE problem in the phone, secondly, to me, she was very lost, when is the opening and closing hour of the facility in the hotel that "SHE WORKED"??? I think she didn't know. SHE told THE guest to run down to get a shower cap from a tuck shop (AFTER BUSINESS HOURS)???. In addition, I had mentioned to her my fridge was not working, she had sent "NO BODY" to check on the same nite and the next day. Unfortunately, all my frozen baby food I brought there were all rotten. My son had eaten two meals on the third day by mistake, he had diarreia for the whole day. Everyone must think why I had to bring frozen baby food unfortunately my son has special dietary restrictions. I was even more upset because my son was sick. And I had to make sure all my sister mediciation were fine as she is diagnosed with life threatening illness and the medication have to be refrigerated.

On April, 16,2012, my third nite, I had to call the front desk again as I need a fridge desperatly as I had requested it while I booked these THREE rooms SIX months ago. Once I called I had explained to the operator, this time I remembered the operator's name, his name is MICHAEL, why I remember his name because he was VERY NICE, POLITE AND PATIENT listening to my story which I had experienced terribily on my past two and a half day stay. He felt very sorry for what had happened.
At the end of our conversation he had offered the duty manager on that nite to follow up with my rooms' issues. I have to thank the PROMPT attention from MICHAEL and the duty manager "CHARTON" I am sorry if I had spelled his name wrong, he had already called the maintence to have my fridge change during our conversation on the phone, VERY EFFICIENT! EXCELLENT WORK!

After a couple hours, he had called back to follow up with my fridge situation, unfortunately the second fridge was warm too, THIS TIME, he had himself came IN PERSON, checked the fridge and had the maintance brought me the third one, the third fridge looks very old, BUT IT WORKS PERFECTLY. At the same time, he was very concerning what to feed my baby as all the food went bad. "Charton" had offered me some organic baby food, and in the mean time, he was trying very hard to find Chefs who can cook special meals for my baby. He even bought my baby some milk on the SAME night. Some organic baby food and some shower caps was ready in my room on my fourth day. What a "WOW" service that Charton provided for my family. Many thanks and greatly appreciated!

On my next couple days, every thing went so smooth, we had table services and quick services every day, food was very sufficient, food court staff from the hotel was very nice especially there are a couple LATE NITE food court CLEANING staff, while they were cleaning the pop fountain, even I had screwed up my coffee, tea & hot chocolate a couple times, they were still very patient to clean up after me, very professional with BIG and POLITE SMILES, excellent services!

For the table services, I had went to Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Tusker house, hollywood & vine, food & services are okay, they were the same as I went 3 years ago, nothing had changed ,hostess & servers are still lack of smile BIG TIME, I am not too sure they had worked too much or they look like they were tired of working, even their minimum smiles made me feel very unwelcomed and fake. However, the Edo Teppan, 1900 Park lane & the cape May cafe, food and services are EXCELLENT!

Also, we had been to Comic Ray's starlight cafe for quick services twice, food were okay, however, services were very varies, I had CHARLES served me w/ a check# 3-560 who provided me an excellent polite services at the cashier stand. Unfortunately, I had another visit with cashier named "Lionette" and " Siddiqui" provided me a very unpleasant services, which they both gave me grumpy attitude while I call my order wrong, they showed very inpatient at the cashier's stand , made me felt vey nervous. It was my first time using meal plan.

In general, everything is clean in the hotel, the majority of the staff attends promptly to every of our need, and all we need is to allow us to get a good night’s sleep and a nice shower after a day of funs and prepare for the next day. We did not spend much time in our rooms. The hotel has an arcade, a swimming pool with disney movie playing on the side, a souvenir shop and plenty to eat. So, and it still allows us to have a great trip. Staying in delux hotel may have its advantages on amendities and services (expectation : MORE TIPS) , but for the small amount of time we spend there, we didn’t miss out too much.

Another big thanks to one of the bus driver, on the third night of my trip, my baby, me and my dad went back to the hotel earlier which was around 7:30pm, the rest of my family were still at the park, I was too tired and my son was sick (diarrea) the whole day, I got off the bus earlier at all star MUSIC resort, I didn't know what to do, I had carried a big stroller, 1 backpack, 1 big diapers bag full of dirty kid's clothes. I had stopped one of the bus driver at hte all star music resort who he was taking other passangers to Magic Kingdom, he was so nice offering taking us back to the ALL STAR MOVIES hotel. Shuttle bus to all the parks and disney resorts is one of the advantages we appreciated during this trip, However, shelters under each station are strongly recommended as I had seen two persons pass out under the sun while they were waiting in line for the buses with a heat stroke. Recommenation: drink a lot of liquid.

Another suggestion, maybe the hotel should offer handicapped wheelchair services instead of doing rental in the park day by day. I would not mind to rent them from the hotel for the whole week instead of seeing my sister lumping to the bus station every day during our trip.

For our trip, I spent the most on food, flight tickets and definitely souvenir, It may cost a bit , but it worths for a wonderful memory.

Room Tip: For a big family like me, I would prefer to have our rooms closest to the main building, so the elde...
4 Thank Ottawa042012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed here 4/15/12- 4/22/12. Arrived around 1:30 pm, used magical express free bus transportation from airport. No wait at all for check in. Requested 2nd floor room, and 101 dalmations building, and got that with no problem. Like 2nd floor as too much noise, and people walking by 1st/ground floor rooms. Stayed in room 4862, close to buses, both pools and food court. 2-3 minute walk at most, and did take stairs as each building is very long and one set of elevators per buliding in the middle, so often stairs are closer. Room looked out on walkway, but was quiet. Room had 2 double beds that were farily comfortable, table with 2 chairs, flat screen tv and dresser. There is an area to hang clothes, and plenty of storage for us, 2 adults. Night stand between beds, and individual reading lights. All star resorts recently added free wi-fi, and free fridge, so that was nice. Also had iron and board. Bathroom had tub/shower combo, with curving out rod to add extra room, and toilet, outside this room is sink, and a curtain to seperate sink area from other area of room. Hotel provides bar soap and shampoo/conditioner combo. Found soap to be drying, and wasn't impressed by shampoo/conditioner. Good temperature control, and mousekeeping kept our room clean, and made towel animals. Main pool has plenty of activities, and mighty ducks pool, is nice and quiet. No pool towels are provided, but can get extra towels at front desk. Food court was fine, didn't eat there much, but food was ok. There is a fairly decent size gift shop, and video arcade as well. For 2 adults not spending much time in room, was a great value, and room size was ok. Have stayed at Pop Century and do prefer that, as no shared busing, like movies has at times with other all star resorts.

3 Thank nursecommander
Newport, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 April 2012

There was five of us that went a week ago (april 2012) and we were pleasantly surprised with this resort. I was hesitant because of it being a "value" resort but I knew we would not be there much because of the parks. But honestly I wish we did stay at the hotel more, they always had something going on there for the kids. There was four adults traveling and one 2 and a half year old with us.
Lobby was very fast and efficient. There was a slight mixup with the room when I checked in but was taken care of immediately. Gift shop was wonderful to have right there with many items I saw at the Disney parks. Arcade was a plus for rainy days.
Food court had a great variety and to be honest we enjoyed their food more than the park food. We went with the quick service dining plan and never left hungry. Refillable mugs was defintely worth it if you are a soda drinker.
Grounds was very well kept and Disney Characters were everywhere to be enjoyed by little ones. Kiddy pool area was great and worry free. Sprinkler area was great!
Room: I paid for a preferred room but I do not think I would do it again. I did get in the section I wanted (toy Story) but it was in the back. The only upside I see now to it though is that is was very quiet which was great for nap times. The room was suffient for all of us but we are all family and only stayed 5 nights. Our son slept in a Pack and play which was perfect. Our room had a beverage cooler which I know was installed just a little while ago, it was HUGE help. Especially when we had snacks or muffins we didn't get to eat from our meal plan. Beds were comfortable. Mousekeeping did a great job.
I only have two cons and the first is during slow times to and from the parks you have to share the bus with two other resorts right next door. Which during nap time with a toddler seems like forever to get back to your hotel :) During busy times though we went straingt to our hotel, which was wonderful. The second is that there was no coffee pot in the room so if you wanted coffee you would have to walk to main food court. I brought my own mini pot which was a godsend!
Overall our experience here was great and would return in a heart beat.

1 Thank pisc0011
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 April 2012

this was our 3rd trip to Disney. very disgusted with the "all star movies". we have stayed at POP century and
"music" prior to this trip.

we didn't expect anything fancy, we don't go to sit in our room. however, all around, this resort has issues that need to be addressed. the front desk check in process is terrible. even if you have done the "online check in", you can expect a long wait. the staff makes no effort to hide the fact that it is an annoyance to take care of guests.

the dining area is the worst. everyday they run of out coffee, hot chocolate, ice tea, straws, trays, creamer. it just goes on and on. the food quality is worse than the cheapest fast food. we did mention it to their manager, joseph, who
did seem sincerely concerned. cashier chris was very nice and the bartended, Lenny was great.

onto the room..........it was dirty, needed to be vacuumed, all but one lightbulb was out above the sink and the bathroom light blinked on and off, constantly. saving energy is great, but there is a point where it is a little too
extreme. the bathroom had ants.

being operations managers ourselves in big business, we know what is behind this deep cut in customer care. however, this was not anywhere close to what Disney standards used to be. there has to be a bottom line and
this has gone beyond that. Disney prices are way overpriced, but we pay the high prices because our kids
love going.

there are other places to visit that are just as enjoyable. this was our last trip.

3 Thank stevann0817
Mexico City
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This theme hotel at Disney Orlando is far below of what you pay, the only advantage you have staying there is the Disney transportation, the sice of the rooms is average whith other hotels but the bathroom is very small and if you are planning to stay there for more than a couple of days there is no room to put your clothes and things other than your on suitcases, I spend a week there with my wife and 5 year old daughter and we are disapointed in the relation of the advertising photos and what they show on the internet site and the reality, for thet money we sure can get a more magical place to sleep an save like one hundred dollars per night.

Room Tip: I'm talking about their preference rooms not the average ones
2 Thank Mariachitropical
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
7.7 km away
3.0 km away
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
4.2 km away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!