2,157 results
All reviews kids eat free applebee's restaurant movie room chick fil disney parks bunk beds pool area lake buena vista resort fee is close to downtown splash pad booked this hotel fridge and microwave shuttle service convenience store business center nice pool
Reviewed October 22, 2018

I stayed here on a business trip as other hotels in the neighborhood were booked full. The hotel is a resort hotel with a big swimming pool, an arcade area, a little movie theatre, etc.

Overall, my stay was good but nothing remarkable. Reception was friendly, room was fine, no problems with housekeeping. The only thing I did not personally enjoy is that my room, and many rooms in the hotel, are adjacent to the large outside pool area. In that area, they are having music playing all day until 11pm. This does not help if you are trying to get some sleep before 11 or trying to get some work done in the room.

There is a shuttle to some of the amusement parks in the area, although I did find the service limited (my conference was atone of the parks).

Overall, the stay was not remarkable in any way, neither positively or negatively. I would stay there again, but would not necessarily seek it out.

Room tip: You may want to choose a room away from the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JWanderers
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Dear JWanderers:

Thank you so much for your feedback on you recent stay. We thank you for your comments and want to let you know that we also have rooms away from pool noise available as well. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

So this is my second stay at the hotel, the first being in 2011and it was a bit of a disaster, so with some trepidation we booked for an overnight stay here as we wanted a hotel near Disney before we moved to The Contemporary Resort.
Its a large complex and all the rooms open into open corridors, like in a motel. The rooms are fairly tired and old and need updating, though they are nice and large. Check in was quick as was checkout. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean so no complaints there.
My daughter unfortunately forget her Mac in the safe and we only discovered this after checking out the next day. It did take numerous calls and various conversations before the Mac was located in the possession of security. So happy outcome in the end but lots of stress in between.
I guess the location near Disney makes this a popular choice but it really does need some updating.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Southendwesthamfan
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Southendwesthamfan:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We love hearing that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Thank you for your feedback on the property and please accept our apologies for any delay in retrieving the Mac for your daughter. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Orlando.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

I booked this hotel for a one night stay with my 64-year old mother (we were on our way to Hilton Head, SC) based on the raving reviews it had on this site and since I am an avid traveler I consider these reviews to be reliable most often. This was either not the case for this hotel or we just happen to be lucky enough to have a horrible experience. We checked in around 9 pm after waiting approximately 15 minutes in a line at the front counter. We had read that this hotel had an Applebees so we decided not to drive back out but rather eat there. What a MISTAKE! I ordered a burger with fries and mom ordered a salad with a cup of soup. My fries came out cold and the lettuce in mom's salad was wilted and disgustingly brown. When we complained they asked if they should bring her another one and we told them as long as it is fresh. Once again it had brown lettuce! The floor underneath and around out table was full of food from previous guests and no-one bothered to clean it. Our waiter once she took our order disappeared and completely forgot about the soup for my mother. We move on to the hotel...the beds are extremely high above the ground so much so my 64-year old mother who suffers from Arthritis had trouble getting on them. The AC temperature was not accurate when we first walked in it was like a freezer and we thought we adjusted to the regular temperature but it was an oven overnight at 72 degrees. The TV did not work. The entire night we heard doors slam, people screaming and around 2 am we heard a man yelling "Hotel Security, open the door" while banging on the door right next to ours. Needless to say we didn't sleep at all that night. In the morning as I attempt to take a shower the knob was so tight I had to grab a towel and sit there for nearly 15 minutes until it finally turned and water came out. As we were checking out I told the front desk staff about all of the noise and security being so loud to which they looked at each-other and said "security doesn't do that!". What type of customer service is that? It's not like I paid a low fare to expect this type of facility. I should have reserved with Hilton who always offers incredible service and amazing reward points. That would be my recommendation to anyone looking to reserve this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Natali B
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Natali B:

Please accept our apologies for the issues that happened to you while staying with us recently. A member of our management team is reaching out to you to be able to address your concerns and feedback directly. Thank you so much for allowing us this information.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I have been in the hospitality industry for a long time and hardly if ever do you find compassion and genuine care any more. Ms Doris has been spectacular in her service delivery, compassion and overall showing a genuine enthusiasm for her job. She has been professional and shown genuine character. It is my pleasure to have met her. I hope she is recognized for a job exceptionally done!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lillian C

Dear Lillian C:

We are so happy reading such a wonderful compliment for Doris and the resort. Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

We arrived here after spending 2 days at Disney's All Star Sports Resort and as you can imagine we were sad leaving Disney to stay offsite. I was quite surprised as I wasn't expecting much because I got it at such a good rate. The staff were so lovely and would do anything to help you! Immaculately clean and the beds were the comfiest beds we have ever slept on I actually found it hard when I got home to get used to my own bed again! The Applebee's is hit and miss as the first time we went I really didn't like the food but I gave it another chance and it was ok. The shuttles are great but if you want to get an uber the hotel is in a good location so its cheap enough to get from A to B. We actually asked the hotel to order us a taxi to get to Disney Springs and they called the company they use which I would HIGHLY avoid. The lady charged us $25 to get there when it was only $6-8 in an uber! Disney Springs is literally 5 minutes away from this hotel so $25 is just ridiculous!
We didn't use the pool but we did walk around it and it was clean and there was always people in it.
Near the end of the holiday we had an issue with our toilet but the hotel reception got someone from maintenance up to our room straight away.
Overall I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay offsite but still wants to be close to the parks! :)

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rebeccaob_0

Dear Rebeccaob_0:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and recommendation. We are excited to hear how much you enjoyed our beds. Thank you for mentioning all of the wonderful tips for staying with us. We hope to see you again next year or sooner!