“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Georgia
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I was in Orlando for a convention across the street, so the location was excellent and there is a covered walkway from the hotel to the convention center. Check in was busy but quick. The hotel room was beautiful. The view was of the convention center, there was not much around there for a view that would have been better. The bed was very comfortable and the room had plenty of storage and plugs. There was a TV in the bathroom mirror. The bathtub soap was a little duck which was cute. One surprising note when checking out at 7 a.m. the last day of the conference there was only one worker at the front desk. He was excellent though as he worked two checkout stands (printer was slow) to get the line through as quickly as possible. Poor scheduling on managements part. Took about 15 minutes to check out.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear justme2Georgia:

I am glad you enjoyed your guest room accommodations and our location for your convention. Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to follow up with our front desk management team in reference to your check out experience. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope we will have the opportunity to host your next visit to Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Front end of innovation conference is held at Peabody . Convention center had full of services based on a wide area. Rooms were clean and a very good fitness center made this hotel one of my remembered.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Mcbe1970
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed in the Peabody from May 10 to 19, 2012. It is a gorgeous place to stay when in Orlando. Everything was perfect, the room spacious and we even ad a balcony. The staff was extraordinary friendly and helpful.
In the mornings you can get complementary coffee which is great. The hotel as various little places to buy little somethings such as pastries, tea and sandwiches throughout the day. The restaurants are nice and not too pricey. Don't miss the march of the ducks in the mornings or evenings. The gym ist great, as are the pools. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Villa king with balcony
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leolimoncello2003
Dear leolimoncello2003:

I will definitely look forward to welcoming your back to The Peabody Orlando. I enjoy hearing that your stay was perfect and our staff extraordinary. Thank you for your business and for sharing your review of our hotel with me. See you again soon!

Carnegie
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here as part of a Post-Deployment function. The room we stayed in was beautiful and we even got to up-grade to a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. The breakfast provided with the event was OK. Other than that, though, the Hotel is amazing. There are a few places to eat within the Hotel with better food than we had for breakfast (but they are pricey) and many to choose from along International Drive. The banquet rooms are spacious, adequately cooled and set up well. The staff is pleasant, friendly and eager to please. We did get the room at a discount, but from what I was told the regular nightly rate is pretty steep. I don't know if everyone who stays gets trolly passes, but if they do it can save you money on a car rental. The trolly runs along Internation Drive where all of the Orlando attractions are located. The Peabody is a very nice Hotel if you can afford to spend a little extra for your trip.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Heather H
Dear Heather H:

I want to thank both you and your fiancée for your sacrifices to serve our country – thank you. It is an honor for The Peabody Orlando to host these Yellow Ribbon events. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you easily transition back to a pleasant life together. Thank you for your review, I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Grimes, Iowa
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed here as part of a package, otherwise we would have not paid the asking price for the room. Like any upscale hotel they charge extra for everything including a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tm212
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear tm212:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for your Orlando stay. I appreciate your business and your feedback. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hotel is way too expensive and it has really bad service. They charge too much for everything including receiving an amazon book ($5). It would be ok if at least they had excellent service, but it is really ridiculous. The only good thing is it is right beside the convention center, however I'd rather stay in a place where the client matters and save my company a lot of money while being treated with respect.

Room Tip: Choose a room where the wi-fi actually works.
4 Thank JBMexican
Dear JBMexico:

I appreciate your feedback. I know our location is very attractive for business meetings, and leisure travelers too, but I consider our service the most attractive feature of our hotel business. I regret your disappointing stay with us and am confident that your experience is not indicative of our 25 year tradition of Service Excellence. I hope that you will visit us again so that we may regain your confidence in our abilities to exceed the standards of service established for The Peabody Orlando.

Decatur, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife, son and I recently spent 5 days and 4 nights at The Peabody in Orlando, FL. Upon arrival, The Peabody recommends that you take the Mears Shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. SIDE BAR...Simply put, this service is one we will never use again. It was $99 roundtrip, we had to wait at the airport outside (sweating) for nearly 30 min., then, we were crammed into a van with a bunch of other sweaty strangers and launched on a trip to pick up more sweaty strangers and make stops at several other hotels prior to our destination... it seemed to take forever. If you are more than three, take a cab... If you can afford an extra $10, take a cab regardless... you'll thank us!! We forfeited the Mears Shuttle return fare on departure and took a cab for $36.00 and loved it! Since we were part of a convention group, our room rate was to be $159/night, however, by the time they finished taxing us, it was closer to $190/night. We had a hiccup with them in that we wanted queen beds, but, they provided us with merely double beds and made up for the error by placing us in an upgraded room with a "balcony".... it was 18" deep... that's not a balcony, it is a shelf for which they charged an extra $20/night. The only other "upgrade" we could find was a tv built into the glass of the bathroom mirror.... it did not work. Be sure you get what you wanted up front. Everything is upscale with pricing to match(for us) at this hotel. A morning cup of coffee in the lobby was around $4.50. The food they served during convention meals in The Peabody, was great! That served across the street in the Convention Center... not so great! We ate at several of their in house restaurants.. including the Capriccio Grill at dinner and the B-Line Diner for breakfast and late night snacks. Food is very good. I think the pricing was somewhat over the top. The hotel offers many services especially in their spa. The pools are great with easy access and amenities and as part of our group activities they hosted several parties pool side and or in other locations that were very well done. The hotel is top shelf, very clean, attendants are spot on with service. All in all, if your budget can stand it, we think that you would really enjoy your stay in this property while vacationing or conducting business in Orlando.

Room Tip: They have two levels of rooms... something like deluxe and standard, so be certain you understand wh...
1 Thank TXFARR
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear TXFARR:

Thank you for your business and for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your recommendation of The Peabody Orlando for both business and vacation stays. I am proud of the standards of service our team provides so I am pleased to read that you consider the hotel top shelf on cleanliness and service. I regret any discomfort with your initial room assignment and am glad you enjoyed our outlets and amenities along with your poolside convention activities. I look forward to any opportunity to host your visit again.