“March 2012”

GreenLeadersSilver level
nj
“March 2012”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Wow! Excellent hotel. The staff was fantastic. Our room was perfect. I would surely recommend to family and friends. This will always be the hotel that we stay in when we visit Orlando. A+++

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This was a clean relaxing wonderful resort. I stayed in April which was a wonderful get away from the early Vermont spring weather. The pool area was wonderfully set up for adults. It was nice that there was a childrens area also. The service was excellent. I would stay again. I loved the duck parade which took place daily.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nancee444
Indianapolis
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Peabody Orlando is a great hotel! Everything about this hotel is super nice. Staff gets an A+. Everyone from bellmen, to desk staff, to concierge, to gift shop, etc were incredibly nice. First time I've ever stayed at a property this big where it did not feel big.

Rooms are great too. Oversized room and oversized bathroom too. And great water pressure in shower. Nice TV with plenty of HD channels and in room fridge is always a plus. Also got chocolate fix with couple pieces of chocolate with turn down service each night. Had dinner in Italian steakhouse restaurant and grabbed a cookie from the diner. Very good but also expensive. Exercise room was real nice too. Just used briefly after a run (concierge gave me a good running route) and was impressed.

Location is superb too. Directly across from convention center and many restaurants within walking distance (big mall right next door and wallgreens about 10 minute walk down the street)

Only negative is food, snacks in gift shop were really expensive. That's expected at large resort/convention hotel like this so not a big enough negative to impact my stay.

Going to Orlando again this fall for a meeting and will definitely stay here, really like this big Hotel that feels like a small hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Greg S:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando Greg. I appreciate hearing that you enjoyed our hotel and, more importantly, our staff’s level of service. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your meeting in the fall.

Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel from 5/18-5/25 for the AACN Nursing Conference..We could not have asked for a more awesome experience! The hotel staff made us feel at home and were always there to answer a question..And trust me, I asked alot of them!We stayed on a club floor in the newer tower and found the accommodations very comfortable..From the nightly turn-down service to the concierge printing our boarding passes, we truly felt taken care of..We will definitely be back !!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Sylvia D:

It was a pleasure for The Peabody Orlando to host your AACN Nursing Conference, and it’s a pleasure to read how you felt at home at our hotel. Our team of hospitality professionals are dedicated to providing each guest with a warm and comfortable feeling of home, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Chicago,IL
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here while in Orlando. We stayed in a club level room with a king-size bed.

1) The room- The room itself was pretty nice and spacious. We stayed in the Main Tower (newer tower), though I was told that the Mallard tower (older tower) rooms have been renovated as well. As you can see in the hotel pictures, there is a tv in the bathroom mirror (seriously, how cool is that?). There are lights to illuminate the floor if you're making your way to the bathroom from the bed at night. If I was forced to complain about something about the room it'd be the shower head. I know it's picky, but I did say if i was forced to complain about something. Nothing subpar about the shower head itself, just your average shower head. I suppose i expected something fancier given the rest of the hotel. Counter space in the bathroom is a bit limited too.

2) Club Level- The club level is nice for a couple reasons, but one of the main reasons I appreciated it is because i suspect it was more quiet than other floors. As others have mentioned, The Peabody is also serves as a large convention center so lots of guests. I like it to be quiet at night when i try to sleep as i'm sure 99% of the population does as well. The nightly turnover was a nice touch as well, this is in addition to the regular housing keeping. She'll come in and make the bed, leave bathrobes on the bed as well as chocolates, replace towels, etc. Of course, you can always put up the do not disturb sign.

2a) Lounge- The lounge is located on the 26th floor. It's open 24 hours with coffee and tea available. Cold breakfast with pastries are served from 7am-10am. Cereal, pastries, bagels, muffins, preserved meats, hard boiled eggs. Cocktail hour is from 5:30-7:30pm, with hors d'oeuvres served at this time. The menu varies from day to day, quite frankly, i don't remember what they served. There is also a dessert hour from 830pm-930pm- cookies, macaroons, pastries, but this also varies too. Sodas and other drinks are included as well. Alcoholic beverages have to be paid for though. The staff is very friendly. Plenty of tables and chairs with nice views. 3 flat screen TVs in the lounge as well.

2b) Valet- It can get busy and take a bit like any other valet service. If you can, call down ahead of time and ask them to pull your car around. If they're busy though, sometimes they'll just ask you to come down.

3) Gym- One of the most comprehensive hotel gyms i've ever seen, it's like a regular gym with plenty of weight-lifting machines, free weights, and cardio machines.

4) Pool- 2 pools at the hotel. One is closer to the Main Tower, has a waterfall and plenty of chairs. This is a little more busy and where kids can play. The other pool is on the recreation deck and is more quiet, again, with plenty of chairs. Good for swimming laps.

5) Restaurants- B-Line Diner was pretty good, Capriccio Grill was average, especially given the price.

The location is close to Seaworld and Aquatica, which can be a plus and minus. Obviously a plus given it's closeness, a minus because the potential of dealing with traffic is a lot higher. We had stayed at the Parc Soleil Grand Vacation prior to and its location is nice since it's a bit further away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Charles S:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando to host your visit to our area. I am glad you had the pleasure of experiencing our exclusive Club Level service and amenities. I appreciate your detailed review and hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to Orlando.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This resort was awesome! My Husband and I stayed here for an extended weekend for my birthday! The resort was well decorated, the staff was helpful and courteous, always smiling and saying hello when you past them. The rooms were very clean and spacious, wonderful beds and large bathroom. The pool area was very large and nice for adults as well as kids. I got a surprise massage scheduled from my husband and the spa was so serene. The massage was one of the best I have had. The room-service was quick and resonably priced. The Capriccio Grill was really good- I made a separate review on that. Lastly, the famous Peabody ducks were very cute and fun to see. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Julie S:

Happy birthday Julie! It is awesome to have hosted your celebration and to read your review recognizing our helpful and courteous staff. I am glad we had the opportunity to make your hotel stay and spa experience memorable. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I am a very picky guest and I can't say I have any significant complaints about this hotel. Excellent service, beautiful decoration and most important, immaculate rooms and common areas! The place even smells like new! The towels were new, the blankets seemed new, the pillows were soft the bed was heavenly cushiony! The light colors let you relax knowing there are no covered up stains in the carpet or bed. My husband and I wondered about the price and figured they must be making up with all the additional fees like the $24 parking (what??) resort fees, etc. However we got free internet in the room which was great. You also get a scale in the bathroom! They should though do something about those in room refrigerators which are more like a cooler than a fridge. It would be great if they placed something there that could make ice. I kept away from their expensive restaurants per other reviewers' recommendation and had breakfast at Perkins on I-drive although we ordered room service during a couple of nights and found they had the best burgers that $25 (including tax, RMSRV charges, etc) can buy! Their pizzas are pretty decent tasting as well. Don't think about it, if you are looking for a very nice, comfortable, clean hotel in the center of the Disney/Universal/Sea World triangle, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Request a room with view to the pool and in high floors for a view of the city. You will be able to...