“Birthday Blessing”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
Ranked #230 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I arrived at a little past 11PM on April 18th, my birthday, with my mother. We had just driven for 13 hours, when the trip should have only been 10. They had no vacancies for singles left and told us that. But when the man at the front desk saw how tired we were, he offered a larger suite. We were so tired, and so grateful to be out of our cars, that we said we'd take it. And even then we were surprised by the cheap price! With a free continental breakfast that would make your mouth water, and clean comfortable beds, it was a birthday blessing.

The next day, the courteous staff offered us advice on the Metrowest area I was about to move into. Apparently, there is a lot of crime! This was not the first time we'd heard this. So thanks to them, I am probably safe from a bad year in Orlando. I found a very nice community near the lovely Baldwin Park to move into. I know the area, having lived there for the past four years, so I am happy the staff talked me out of Metrowest.

It's convenient to amusement parks like Disney and Universal and has a lot of restaurants and coffee shops surrounding it.

That aside, the entire staff is VERY friendly. If you're looking for a place that feels BETTER than home, choose this Holiday Inn Express. They really treat you right.

One last thing -- it is off Dorscher Road, kind of hidden, but there are clearly marked signs from the road. I like that it's not by the side of a busy street.

Room Tip: Just be friendly and they will too. :)
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RebeccaLindleyGreer

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Good: Close to major road (Colonial). Fairly clean in/out. Bug free. Good breakfast with several choices. Decent coffee & tea available almost all day. Wi-fi works. Pool looked clean.

Observation: Queen bad was VERY soft.

Bad: Bathroom floor not mopped for new guest arrival. Paid extra $15 for jacuzzi in room. Jacuzzi did not work properly. On/Off switch did not function. Called room service. They had to manually plug unit in by removing panel. Jacuzzi cycled on/off every 3-4 seconds. Basically useless. Had to unplug manually (removing a panel to do so) to turn unit off. Booked room for anniversary and requested room difference refund of $15 at checkout. Never happened. Upon checkout another guest had the exact same problem.

If Jacuzzi is important, you may want to try another hotel. You will not be refunded the difference.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We stayed in A Disney Resort Hotel (Wilderness Lodge) for a week and this Hotel put wilderness Lodge to Shame. Very Clean and the staff were wonderful. Great food delivered to the room. Just a great stay for our family. We wanted to wind down from our week at Disney and this was a great place to do that. Close to Airport with free shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank italia37
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My 3 night stay at this Holiday Inn went perfectly. If you are here visiting family, or just to see the area, Holiday Inn Express is your spot. They do not offer Room Service, which was not a con for me. They do have a small snack/beverage area to purchase nik naks if need be. The complimentary breakfast is far better than the hotels here in Northern California. We are used to getting an individually wrapped pastry(crappy quality) and a cup of coffee. At The Holiday Inn, they have cheese omlettes, all kinds of breads, cold milk, assorted cereal, cinnamon rolls, bacon, and even biscuits & gravy! I went each morning, and was actually full! When I needed a taxi, the front desk called for me and up pulled a Cadillac! The driver got out to open my door, as well as close it for me and the rate was far less than if I were to have taken a standard cab with the meter. Though the front desk is not always readily available(they usually only have 1-2 people up front) I was still able to get in contact with them within a timely manner. In my room, I had 2 Queen beds, a flat screen, and a kitchenette of sorts(microwave, mini fridge & alternate sink). I did get a chance to indulge in the hot tub, which was clean and nice. The pool area does not get much sun until the afternoon, since the hotel itself blocks it. The location is nice, in that it is near a lot of shopping(Target is across the St., I walked over). I was visiting family in Ocoee, which was a 10 minute drive. The airport was a 15 minute drive, or a $40 cab ride...not bad! West Colonia is a main gateway to most of the attractions around, making it easy to drive yourself or direct a cab to your destination. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BrittAnderson
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because it was close to the fair grounds where the Hamcation Amateur Radio Hamfest was taking place. Kelle checked us in and was very polite and welcoming after a long drive from New Jersey. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The bathroom was very nice with all granite countertop and shower. The room also had a small area with a sink, microwave and small fridge. The breakfast was good with a wide variety of options. The location was convienient to lots of stores and restaurants. The weather was cool, so we didn't use the pool, but it looked very clean. Before we left, we were able to use the computers in the lobby and print out directions that we needed. Neetha at the front desk was also very nice when I had some questions for her and also a request for another pillow.
We would definitely stay at this hote again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DirtyHarry156
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed in this hotel during a visit to Orlando. Deliberately chose a hotel a little away from the hubbub near the parks. Still only 15 minutes to Universal. A very clean comfortable hotel with a nice pool and hot tube. Nice LCD HD TV in rooms. No movie channel but I didn't go to Florida to watch movies. GREAT STAFF, the evening before an early morning check out I asked if their would be that important first cup of coffee available in the morning. The desk clerk called the woman who took care of the area and she said she'd take care of it. Sure enough there was a pot of hot coffee was waiting for us. I would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We chose this for a 4 night stay at the end of our winter break on the basis of TA reviews and the fact that we would hopefully be able to enjoy a non "tourist" hotel.

We were happy with the location and it was away from the throngs of visitors which was exactly as we hoped.

Our room was very spacious with a huge shower, fridge and microwave and separate seating area. The bed was comfortable and the aircon not too noisy.

The pool area was spotless and we witnessed it being cleaned each and every day of our visit.

The internet connection worked perfectly and there were 3 pc's for visitors without laptops to use.

The breakfast provided was more than adequate, items were kept well replenished and the staff in attendance were cheerful and friendly.

Both reception and housekeeping staff were also pleasant and the hotel had a nice atmosphere.

There are several good restaurants within walking distance and we found it easy to access other areas of Orlando and around from this location.

We will happily return

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gill68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Best Western Orlando West
#237 of 340 in Orlando
Edgewater Hotel
#1 of 5 in Winter Garden
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Closest to Universal Orlando

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East? Share your experiences!