I arrived at a little past 11PM on April 18th, my birthday, with my mother. We had just driven for 13 hours, when the trip should have only been 10. They had no vacancies for singles left and told us that. But when the man at the front desk saw how tired we were, he offered a larger suite. We were so tired, and so grateful to be out of our cars, that we said we'd take it. And even then we were surprised by the cheap price! With a free continental breakfast that would make your mouth water, and clean comfortable beds, it was a birthday blessing.
The next day, the courteous staff offered us advice on the Metrowest area I was about to move into. Apparently, there is a lot of crime! This was not the first time we'd heard this. So thanks to them, I am probably safe from a bad year in Orlando. I found a very nice community near the lovely Baldwin Park to move into. I know the area, having lived there for the past four years, so I am happy the staff talked me out of Metrowest.
It's convenient to amusement parks like Disney and Universal and has a lot of restaurants and coffee shops surrounding it.
That aside, the entire staff is VERY friendly. If you're looking for a place that feels BETTER than home, choose this Holiday Inn Express. They really treat you right.
One last thing -- it is off Dorscher Road, kind of hidden, but there are clearly marked signs from the road. I like that it's not by the side of a busy street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Orlando/Ocoee, Florida, just 15 minutes from beautiful downtown Orlando. Conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers, our beautiful 104-room property is centrally located to some of the world's most famous family attractions such as: Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and Wet 'n Wild. Start your day with our Express Start breakfast or work out in our state-of-the-art fitness center. We provide a complimentary business center and meeting space for your social/business events. For our valued guests with allergies, our hotel is a non-smoking and pet-free hotel. Also, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Orlando/Ocoee is within short drives to several state-of-the-art medical institutions and Florida's largest public college, theUniversity of Central Florida. Central Florida Fairgrounds is also located close by.We are within walking distance to several area restaurants, including: Logan's Road House, Chuck E Cheese's, Ale House, Red Lobster, Chili's and Olive Garden Beautiful Starke Lake, located in Ocoee is close by for boating activities, such as fishing, tubing, water skiing, and jet skiing riding. On the shore of the lake are picnic areas and a dock for fishing. Let the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Orlando/Ocoee be 'your home away from home.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East Florida