I booked this hotel for 3 days based on the reviews I read.
Good: it is very convenient to the Disney Theme Parks, the hotel is fairly new (built in 2009), rooms are OK, nice furniture, large dining ears for free breakfast buffet, ample parking. Lots of stores heading WEST on SR-50. Large Flat screen TV, nice office chair if you need to work at the desk. Modern furniture. MIcrowave, refigerator, etc. Comfortable bed.
Not so good: The location borders an area known for some of Orlando's highest crime rates. (weast on SR-50 to Kirkman Rd and you will discover this. Avoid the the Metrowest area (Pine Hills, etc). The carpeting in my room looked very worn considering the hotel was just built in 2009 and being 3 years old. The shower head was old and the water flow was weak - again just OK, but it will take longer for showers, so plan accordingly. Wireless internet was weak (on the 3rd floor 20 ft from an elevator). Entrance to hotel is hard to see at first.
Conclusion. I've always had decent experiences with the Holiday Inn brand, but this was not one of the better places I've stayed in for 2 reasons: I was nervous about the location, and the rugs were loaded with allergens I got very stuffed-up in the room after only being inside it for a few minutes. However, the hotel is new and very nice on the outside. Parking seems to be plentiful, and Logan's Steakhouse is next door to the hotel. I still got a good value staying here and it was evident that they're trying to improve the hotel and customer service.
Tip: don't wear your shoes in hotel rooms - you bring all the allergens and dirt in from outside and it permanently stays in the rug). Walmart and other stores are located if you drive WEST on SR-50 towards Clermont (Panera, Walmart, Target, Starbucks, tons of restaurants).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Orlando/Ocoee, Florida, just 15 minutes from beautiful downtown Orlando. Conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers, our beautiful 104-room property is centrally located to some of the world's most famous family attractions such as: Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and Wet 'n Wild. Start your day with our Express Start breakfast or work out in our state-of-the-art fitness center. We provide a complimentary business center and meeting space for your social/business events. For our valued guests with allergies, our hotel is a non-smoking and pet-free hotel. Also, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Orlando/Ocoee is within short drives to several state-of-the-art medical institutions and Florida's largest public college, theUniversity of Central Florida. Central Florida Fairgrounds is also located close by.We are within walking distance to several area restaurants, including: Logan's Road House, Chuck E Cheese's, Ale House, Red Lobster, Chili's and Olive Garden Beautiful Starke Lake, located in Ocoee is close by for boating activities, such as fishing, tubing, water skiing, and jet skiing riding. On the shore of the lake are picnic areas and a dock for fishing. Let the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Orlando/Ocoee be 'your home away from home.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East Florida