“What a great place!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
Ranked #221 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Very clean spacious rooms. Beautiful outdoor pool. Extremely friendly and attentive staff! Full breakfast in the morning. Public computers accessible to use and print out boarding passes. We were so pleased with the whole experience there!

Room Tip: I believe any room would be good!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Bal G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I stayed here one night while in Orlando. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly. Our room was on the first floor as I requested. Since we were in one of the first rooms in the hall, I thought it would be noisy. It was not. The room was clean and had a microwave, fridge and Keurig coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable and had ample pillows with various firmness to choose from. The free breakfast in the morning had the usual options to pick from. I will stay at this location again when traveling to Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 April 2016

I stayed one night while in town. The front desk staff was wonderful at check in. Bonus: They were playing some good contemporary tunes overhead!

Room was well appointed and large. Bed was very comfortable. Bonus: Keriug Coffee Maker made my morning.

Bathroom was a shower stall only. My only complaint is that the shower head is extremely high. With my 5'2 height I could not reach it to realign it or change water output. I had to use my hair brush to move it so it wasn't spraying out the door upon entry. (Minor complaint if you are over 5'5, but a pain if you are short like me.)

Breakfast was great. Food was standard fare, but the folks running were wonderful. I wish I had caught the gal's name, but Julien was especially friendly and helpful.

Keep up the good work at your facility!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review about your recent stay with us! I'm happy to see that we were able to help you "Stay Better" while you were with us!

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Manager Bruce and staff very helpful. Hotel very modern and clean. Rooms very clean with comfortable beds, good accommodations in rooms. Francis is a great employee. Nice Breakfast with a nice amount of food choices.

Room Tip: pool view side
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I booked and prepaid for a reservation in early Feb. I arrived at the hotel at 10:30 PM to be told by the front desk clerk that my reservation was cancelled by the manager. She said he called me a few times (I had no missed calls on my cell ) to tell me there was an issue with my credit card. I had booked with a card in Feb online, then it was compromised and I was issued a new credit card with a different number. The hotel ended up being was oversold and there were no rooms available when I arrived. The clerk said there was nothing she could do and she couldnt help me. She said the manager was gone for the night. She responded so rudely that another hotel guest spoke up and said "cant you call around for her?" She said "no, there is nothing available anywhere!" She called another hotel and then responded, see nothing available. It was Friday during spring break I was unable to find another room in the Orlando area. What a bad ending to a great vacation.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Scrappingfool
Bal G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. However, looking into issue pertaining to your reservation, it supposed to be prepaid and credit card provided at the time of making booking was invalid, hence your reservations was cancelled. Prepaid reservations are generally get much higher discounted than regular reservations and we ask all guests to provide valid credit card.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We checked in for 2 nights but left after just 1. Should really not have stayed at all but we were tired. Corridors were badly in need of hoovering and the room felt grubby. The bathroom was clean. We avoided the free breakfast as we hadn't slept due to noise in the bedroom from some sort of cooling system fan outside the room. The area the hotel is in is not great either. One to avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid this one.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jogojo1152

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here from 2/19 to 2/23, and though it was a busy weekend to stay, it was quite pleasant. The first night, however, we were awakened at 3 in the morning by some loud guests we believe were staying in the adjoining room. They were talking and laughing very loudly, then either playing music or watching TV with the volume loud enough to make it seem like they were in our room. Luckily the noise did not go on for very long, otherwise we would have called the desk to complain. Perhaps someone else had already done that because they were quite loud.
The room we were given was big enough for a family, though it was just my husband and I. I think it was some type of suite. It was also equipped for a handicapped person, which neither of us is. We noticed there were a lot of handicapped people at the hotel this weekend, and at one point I felt a bit guilty for using a room properly equipped for someone in a wheelchair, but realized they would not have put us in that room if they needed it.
The breakfast was always kept stocked, the lady working there was working very hard to keep up with the busy crowds. The hot food was always kept hot.
I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but my husband used the hot tub this morning. He said it was nice. We would have used the pool last evening, however there was a small crowd of people hanging around at the pool last night for hours who were drinking (out of glass beer bottles) and talking loudly, so we didn't want to be near that.
The bed was comfy enough to sleep in, though no bed is like your own.
We had to get a new iron because the iron in the room had something all over it and we didn't want it to transfer to our clothes. The woman at the front desk, I believe her name is Valerie, is super nice and was quick to have a new iron brought to our room. She also gave us extra towels upon request since we choose not to have our room serviced while we stay.
Our 4 night stay was overall very good and I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Thank you to the pleasant lady at the desk and the nice lady in the breakfast room for all their hard work to make our stay as pleasant as it was.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Bal G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dear PKChops,

Stay Smart!

Hotel Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Closest to Universal Orlando
Best Western Orlando West
#243 of 341 in Orlando

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East? Share your experiences!