Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive
Ranked #137 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for 8 days, we arrived around 1 am so we got a room on the first floor....everything was fine but around 7 am starts to get a little noisy on the hall, so you may wanna have a room from the 2nd floor & up.
Room was clean and big, breakfast was really good and location was perfect....we were 5 minutes drive from Universal, 10 mins from Sea World and 2 mins.away from the I4 that takes you to disney`s parks.
There were many places to have dinner around the hotel, Wifi and computers with internet access were available.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I always stay at HIE..for good reason..the staff is usually very friendly and the services and amenities are consistent. The facility is clean..especially the room has nice features ie. flat screen tv and contemporary furnishings. Things that were disappointing:
1. The breakfast staff was late turning on lights/equipment and putting out the food, by about 15 miniutes. Guests were already in the breakfast area waiting for food to be put out.
2. The area has a tv that can be viewed on both sides. One side was turned on. I asked the lady at the front desk if she could turn on the other side since most of the guest were on the side closest to the food. (figured only hotel staff were allowed to turn on the tv). She was NOT friendly and told me to push the "ON" button. Not a problem but jeez...can we get a "goodmorning" at least?
3. My room lamp has a dual button to turn on the light for each side of the bed. (had 2 queen beds in my room). One of the buttons was broken.
4. There was NO recognition of being a Priority Club Platinum member or even "thank you" for being a platinum member as noted in most of the HIE properties I have stayed.
WIll I stay here again? The price is very reasonable...however, unlikely, even though the facility is clean enough, the unpleasant staff may not be worth the trouble as there are so many other hotels in the area to try. I met four staff members...the only one that seemed a little "with it" was the young man who checked me in.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank SPGal
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I made my reservation for two king room, with 2 months in advance, for december 2011 to receive my new year in Orlando with others friend ,when we get there to check in they told me they've cancelled my reservation 'cause my card was expired a few days ago but they never call me to let me know that ,the only excuse they gave me was, the booking.com they had to call me ,because I made the reservation through them but then told me we have two rooms but only disabled room one king and two bed room,we had to take them 'cause the time the most hotel was booked, I called booking.com then they said the hotel never let them know the problem,maybe they were over booked that's why they gave me the excuse,NOTE : I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caballero33125
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This hotel is amazing! It has an awesome TV that plays lots of channels including kids channels. The time I stayed, it was too cold to play in the pool and I didn't have the time. Although, it has a good location. It's not too far or not too close (would be noisy) to anything. It's on the busiest street in Orlando so you can buy something to eat 0.2 miles away. When I visit again, I'm definitely staying here!

Room Tip: You might enjoy the 2000's building, the one I stayed on. I always say THE HIGHER THE BETTER!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stay at Holiday Inn Express almost exclusively when we travel. This one ranks as one of the best. It is in a handy location between Universal & Sea World. It has a free shuttle to both Universal and Disney, however, the pick-up times may not be the most convenient. The cost of a ride to Universal was $10 and to Disney $35-40. The breakfast was awesome with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, rolls, yogurt, fruit and the usual breakfast foods. The rooms were clean and very quiet, surprising since it is next to the interstate. Very comfortable beds, towels and pillows. The pool was just OK, in the back found near the interstate. Overall, if you are needing just a place to stay while you go to play, it is very reasonable in price and very accomodating. The young lady at the front desk was extremely helpful with travel plans to the parks.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a great hotel for the price. It is modern and convenient. The free breakfast is good for a self serve.

Location is next to the interstate , but didn't hear any spillover traffic inside hotel. It is only a five minute drive to Universal.

The pool is decent for a HIE. Although around the hotel not a lot of vibe, it is fine if you are out and about alot.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank doubleboo
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel was very nice! It is back off the main strip which I liked. The outdoor whirlpool was great!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo