5,924 results
All reviews falls pool laser show high velocity east tower lobby bar water slides pool area self parking huge hotel conference center convention hotel business conference disney fireworks great pool great property food court family vacation
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Stayed 6/29/17 to 7/4/17 with my hubby, 7 year old daughter, and 4 year old son, who has many food and environmental allergies. Overall, we had a good time at this resort, but the experience was mixed.

PRO #1: Check in was fairly quick and easy. I let them know about my son’s allergies and they were able to order an Aero-bed (air mattress) and allergy friendly pillows (no down feathers and had special zippered covers) to be sent to our room; I was very pleased!!!

CON #1: Although the Aero-bed was delivered promptly, it appeared to be leaking, so I requested a replacement. It took at least 4 phone calls (I lost track) and about 2 hours for the replacement to arrive! To be fair, the leak may have been user error on my part (I may not have switched to “air tight” mode); but I was still surprised by the poor response to what seemed like a simple request? On the up-side, the people on the phone were consistently professional and polite.

PRO #2: they supply free unlimited small bottles of water around the resort; you just need to know where to find it. There are only 2 bottles in the room, but I was able to get more bottles by the pool, front desk, valet drivers, and I heard they are available at the bar too.

CON #2: Since my 4 year old is too short to reach the sink in the room, I called and asked if they had a step stool I could borrow; they did not. So, every time my son needed to use the wash his hands, we had to stop what we were doing to pick him up and help him. Not a huge deal, but I was a bit surprised since Disney World is so close by, and would obviously attract families with small children.

PRO #3: This hotel is about a mile and a half outside Disney World property. However, Disney property is HUGE!!! We paid about $10 each way (including tip) using Lyft to go to Disney Springs and EPCOT. It was about $13 to Hollywood Studios because it was a bit farther. Don’t know about the other parks.

CON #3: There is no free shuttle service between the hotel and the airport (MCO). We pre-arranged to have a shuttle/limo service to take us to and from the airport, which cost over $110 for the roundtrip. However, we found out later that starting July 1, 2017, Uber and Lyft are allowed to pick up and drop off at airports in Florida. A Lyft driver told us he estimated it would be about $25 each way using their service to/from the airport.

PRO #4: There are small refrigerators in the rooms and microwaves available for use on the 1st floor, near the Central Pantry.

CON #4: Be prepared to spend lots of money for food. We paid $29 once for breakfast at Starbucks and $66 another time for breakfast at Solaris (these prices were for 3 people if you consider that my son with the allergies did not get anything at Starbucks and only a juice at Solaris). HOWEVER, I found out on our last day at the resort, that a small carton of milk was only $1 and cup of cold cereal (Cheerios, Fruit loops, Frosted Flakes, etc.) was $2 or $2.50. So, we could have saved some money had we done things differently.

PRO #5: There were fun things for the kids (and kids at heart) around the resort, such as a balloon artist and snow cones, for no additional fee! I don’t know if these things are available every weekend or were special for the 4th of July holiday. I thought it was a nice touch and my kids enjoyed them thoroughly!!

CON #5: most of the activities that had a fee were expensive in my opinion. There was a “mermaid experience” for $35 as I recall and a single hair wrap (wrapping colorful thread around a skinny braid) was starting at $35

PRO #6: I liked the layout of the room; there was a double sink situated outside the tub and toilet area, allowing some to use the sinks while someone was in the shower or using the toilet.

CON #6: We got a room with 2 beds---the beds are tiny!! They must be full sized, not queens. My hubby and I are used to having a Cal King bed at home; we made it work, but it was cozy!

Hope that was helpful!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Digoryk
AMarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Dear Digoryk,

Thank you for your extensive feedback,and comments after your stay with us, and letting us know that you had an overall great stay with us.

We are glad we were able to accommodate special requests, especially allergy free accommodations, and that you enjoyed many of the activities offered, pool time, and the fun 4th of July activities, and fireworks. Our new Central Pantry offers a variety of items for breakfast,lunch and dinner, and with guest room refrigerators guest can have food and snacks conveniently.

We appreciate your review, and will share with our management team for future improvements and enhancements. We hope to welcome you again one day.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

I booked this hotel so our family of four could be with friends (that are repeat guests) to spend the day and stay overnight for the July 4th fireworks. We valet parked our car, went to check-in early and was pleasantly surprised that the room was available. Our room valet Dean was wonderful! Our room was a Promenade Suite on the lobby level with a view of the parking lot and not garden view as described at booking. The room itself is a letdown for $300.00/night. The overall quality of the workmanship is subpar, mattresses were stained (yes, I check bedding on arrival I am in the hospitality industry), the underside of both mattresses was torn and hanging on to the floor, the a/c vent cover was falling off the wall, the vanity was dirty something sticky was dripping on the white woodwork, the drain stopper was missing from one of the sinks, the bathroom door would not close without being forced shut, the in-room safe was locked (I called twice to have it opened, I even told them they could come in the room while we were out, no one came), the pull-out sofa had crumbs in it and most areas were dusty and a variety of other issues.The room is also like being in a cave, very low ceilings.I went to the desk to see about changing rooms, but was told they were sold out in rooms that could accommodate 4 guests, hmmm? I let this go since we wanted to get our day started. We were going to spend our day outside by the laser pool, turns out the pool was shut down for sanitizing due to someone having an "accident", okay, not the hotels fault, so we go to our friends pool in the timeshare villa section, very nice. Our friends made reservations in person with the concierge for dinner at the Japanese restaurant, 10 people. The concierge dropped the ball and never contacted the restaurant to make the reservation after giving confirmation to our friends, so we had no reservation, but they did get us into the steakhouse, which was very good, we had an amazing server his name was Joseph, very personable and knowledgeable about the wine list and menu. The fireworks show was spectacular, the amenities available are great and the staff goes above and beyond to help. We were able to enjoy the laser pool the next day, and the kids loved it and pool service was great. At check out I mentioned my disappointment with the room and showed pictures to the desk agent. She immediately called for the manager. Matt, the manager was very apologetic that our stay did not meet our expectations and he did not hesitate to make things right. We live 2 hours away and usually stay at Disney properties, however due to the staff, beautiful property and amenities we would give this Marriot another try.

Dear petunia111,

We appreciate your feedback, and comments after you overnight stay with us, and are glad overall you all had a good 4th of July with us.

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our fireworks show, your dining experience at Siro Urban Italian Kitchen, and that Dean, one of our Valet drivers was wonderful! We do apologize for the missteps you did encounter with our Concierge desk, your accommodations, and with one of our pools,too, but happy to know that one of our managers, Matt did not hesitate to make things right for you to hopefully make a return visit.

We appreciate your review, and we do hope we will welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Beautiful hotel with so many things to do for both adults and kids. The pool and water slide were both so much fun the many restaurants and Starbucks were actually very helpful you really didn't have to leave the property for anything.

Dear jaylanp2017,

It is always great when a guest declares us the best vacation spot ever, and lets us know how great there stay was with us.

Thanks for letting us know that you found our resort beautiful, plenty of activities, and amenities for all ages to enjoy, and that everyone had a great time enjoying our pools and fun slides.

We are glad that you were well taken care of by our staff, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

It's a great hotel to go with your family has a family trip. It's close by to everything. I went for the 4th of July weekend the fireworks was amazing my kids loved them. I'm planing another trip again next year

1  Thank jennyfel_nunez

Dear jennyfel_nunez,

Thank you for letting us know how much you and your family enjoyed your 4th of July stay with us, and all that our resort has to offer, especially the amazing fireworks show!

We are very glad you enjoyed your fun time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Self parking is a little bit away by shuttle, but OK it runs often
$25 resort fee on top of room rate
$23 self parking fee also on top of room rate
Pool is beautiful , great for kids
Resteraunt is a little pricey,

Room Tip: Lower levels are better for elevators

Dear bigal909,

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and offering you feedback.

Our Resort Fee of $25.00 (USD) plus tax, per room, per day, has many benefits with a value of over $123.00 per day. (USD) Those benefits are: enhanced internet access, unlimited local and domestic long distance calls, two bottles of water (VIP 10 ounces) per day, daily scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney parks for up to four guests, daily dry cleaning credit in the amount of $10.00, and a bucket of driving range balls and rental clubs for use on the Practice Tee. We hope this information will be helpful to you next time you plan a stay here at our resort. Our parking area is quite large, and we do offer regular shuttle service to get guests to and from their vehicles quickly.

We appreciate your review, and hope to welcome you again one day.