“Great location, Great Service but a couple of issues during my stay...”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #63 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 October 2017

OK, so in pulling up to the hotel, I utilized the valet parking. It is a little more expensive but not by much compared to self parking. I was greeted at my car, they unloaded my bags and gave me a ticket for my bags as well as a valet ticket.

I made my way to the front desk for check in, there was no line which was great. I was greeted with a big "welcome home" by the very kind desk agent. Checkin was going smoothly as I had done most of the stuff prior to arriving, but I was very disappointed to see that the room I had pre-paid for, a room with a king bed was not available. They had over sold them, which was really upsetting as I came here for a weekend get away with my wife. When asked how they could sell me one thing (king bed, prepaid) and replace it with two double beds, I was met with blank stares. So not cool disney, don't ask for pre-payment if your not going to guarantee things on your end. So that was frustrating, but not wanting to spoil the trip, I pressed on.

The luggage was delivered shortly upon arrival to the room. The room was clean, smelled good, the bed was made, no mold or hair anywhere in the room, and frankly the room was fairly large. I loved the huge TV, Fridge, couch and the desk. Very good layout, comfortable sheet and bedding and the disney bathroom products were top of the line and didn't irritate my very sensitive skin.

So a couple of incidents that took place whilst staying here, first a package that I had sent to this hotel was lost and send the power went out for an extended amount of time.

Lets start with the power, at about 230-3 am on the night we checked in, the power went out in the whole hotel. I only noticed as the ceiling fan and AC shut off, and for those that stayed in Florida in September, they know its very hot and humid, so with the loss of power, my room got hot and humid very quickly. Repeated calls to the front desk and maintenance didn't really provided an consistent information. I received information that it was going to be back on shortly, to something blew and they didn't have an ETA for finishing. This was a big problem, as number one, no AC or fan and second, we wanted to use the extra magic hour, well in order to do that, we had to get up when its still dark and try and shower in the pitch black, to curling iron or blow drier for my wife and again, super hot getting out of the shower so you just sweat.

Also, there was no food available in the hotel while the power was out. So we were delayed in waking up and getting ready and couldn't get breakfast so basically we missed the extra magic hour. Not happy about that whatsoever as I was only there for two nights and had planned which parks to visit based on extra magic hours...so really upset about that.

With regards to the package, I sent multiple packages to the hotel to pick them up as I live in Chile. All of the packages sent via FedEx, UPS or DHL go to the business center, and all that were sent to the business center, I received no problem. PLEASE be aware that the resort charges 5 dollars per package for handling...kind of a rip off, but what do you do!?!?! Anyway, for packages sent using USPS, it goes through the front desk. I only had one package like this and they lost it. I was able to show tracking that they received it, but they indicated to me that they delivered it but didn't have anything showing that I received it from them.

I utilized room service a couple of times, each time, the food was delivered about 30 minutes after my order was placed, the food was excellent, fresh, hot and the extra or specifics of the order were done correctly. One thing I didn't like is the fact that they try and do a little tricky trick...when signing for the bill, they have a line for a tip, which is fine, happy to provide a tip, but if you don't read the whole bill, you will miss the fact that they already charge you 18% gratuity. Not cool to try and double up on someone that may not speak english or understand this process. If you are going to charge 18% tip, that is fine, but don't try and double up on this...not cool and comes across as shady.

The hotel grounds are amazing, we enjoyed nightly walks around the boardwalk, over to Epcot, which was only a 10 minute walk, over to the other disney properties and back. The ground were kept in amazing condition, very clean, swept and great to look at.

So, check out was fine, everything was fairly automated, the bill was accurate and was a breeze. I was going back and forth on the rating of this hotel, as I had the three issues discussed above, which would have lowered my rating to 2-3, however, I don't believe these issue happen often and are most likely out of the normal. Further, when I was checking out and explained the issues to give feedback on the stay, in true Disney fashion, they made "it right." This is what separates disney from other companies, is their customer service. They were very polite, apologetic and frankly didn't need to do what they did, but it blew me away with what they did, I won't go into specifics, but suffice to say, because of how they handled it, I would happily recommend them to friends and family and will be returning myself.

Thanks for a great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel due to its location, accommodations, food and overall service. Keep up the great work

Room Tip: Get something overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Swaggger007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

For the first time I decided to splurge and stay club level. I had 2 friends visiting from out of state and wanted to make sure they had an amazing experience. You can't find a better location then the resorts at the Boardwalk, especially during the food and wine festival. We had a great view, a large oversized room, and a fabulous experience. The first evening, I wasn't sure the up charges for the club level was really worth it. However the cooked to order breakfast and the desert with the cordials, made it well worth it. I would highly recommend if you have a large family. The breakfast alone, will save you about $100.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I found the hotel to have poor signage. The designer spent more time placing "kitchy" decorative signs and never one meaningful sign to indicate where the elevators are. Once in my room, it seemed great until I realized 3 noticeable, non-functional items that should have never passed a room inspection. Considering how many "cast members" they have I was surprised.

On the plus side and To their credit, once I informed the front desk all 3 room deficiencies were fixed.
Housekeeping staff are as friendly as any I have ever encounters.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Rich P
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The location can’t be beat and the food/drink options are good, however the club level is not worth the money. What they offer in the innkeepers club doesn’t justify being a club level; you have to request bottled water (its warm), poor food offerings, and a staff that acts bothered and put out if you have requests or needs(why you pay for club concierge). We have stayed here every year for 8 straight years and this unfortunately will be our last time unless things change, it has gradually gotten worse while prices go up. We love walking to Epcot but with ESPN zone and the food and wine festival you are surrounded by loud and drunken locals. Not the best time to visit (football and food/wine) it’s sounds fun but overcrowded and loaded with locals just looking to get rowdy.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Txdr1977
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the amazing Boardwalk hotel
in the epcot resort area of Disney.

staff was incredible.
pool was very nice and location was perfect walking distance to two parks.

only buggabo was the layout it requires two elevators /stair ways to get to the board walk areas or main pool.

room was a standard and was spacious clean and welcoming.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank firestopr
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I had bugs in my room 2 nights and the 2nd night I called and they told me they would send pest control. I still had bugs all over the room after pest control finished. I was not offered another room or anything for the inconvenience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

What a lively and eventful resort. So much for couples to do out on the boardwalk area that stretches all the way across the lake. Dining, night clubs, piano bar, dance club, shopping, etc. I could go on. Rooms are great especially if you get a lake view. Extremely nice accommodations and atmosphere as soon as you enter. Certainly a place worth staying for couples and kids also.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple