“Disney's Boardwalk Inn is My Second Home!”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #62 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I literally just stepped off the plane from my birthday weekend trip to WDW and I am already planning my next visit. We tend to stay at the various deluxe hotels in the club level area because it offers exactly what we need--exceptional service, attention to detail, and the additional Disney Magic.

For my October 2017 trip we decided to book at the Disney's Boardwalk Inn - Club Level. This may have been my 10th trip to the resort but who's counting. Each time we visit the Inn Keeper's Staff blows us away. From making us laugh to knowing exactly what we like to drink, this group of elite cast members are simply spectacular. The hospitality is welcoming and fun. I cannot thank my second family enough for making my birthday so magical. Lorenzo getting me special water and laughing at my crazy antics. Anita who has the laugh that swallows up a room and she gives great hugs. Joe who so kindly asked about the progress of my brother. Lastly, Miss Linda the most sweetest angel ever who always takes care of us! Thank you all! We can't wait to come back with the entire family.

Want to know why this hotel is always booked? The cast members are AMAZING! The location is stellar for adults. Simply put, this is my favorite Disney Hotel.

Room Tip: If a member of your party is disabled make sure to ensure you have the proper room to accommodate th...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are here for a conference and my expectation for a Disney hotel is pretty high. This hotel has meet all my expectations plus some. The staff is wonderful. The location is great! What an awesome site to mix business with pleasure. We are on the court yard side and the grounds are beautiful, quit and peaceful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Disney’s Boardwalk Inn is a deluxe resort hotel at Walt Disney World. It is walking distance to Epcot and for this reason alone I think is why many people book here. My fiancé and I stayed here for 2 nights during Hurricane Irma. The staff seemed nice at 1st. Since it was during the hurricane, nothing on the Boardwalk was open as expected. My fiancé and I changed rooms 3 different times during our stay. The first room was on the 1st floor and it was very clean but we had concerns about being on the first floor during the hurricane as we thought it could flood if it was strong enough. We moved to the 4th floor. We still had a King bed, which is what we wanted. The balcony is a nice size and the bathroom is also a nice size also. There is a couch in the room, large enough for someone to sleep on if they wanted to.

After being in the room for some time, we began to notice a horrible moldy odor. As time went on it became stronger and stronger. We expressed our concerns that there may be mold in the room. Our room was moved again.

The 3rd room (on 4th floor) also smelled like mold OMG. All of the other hotels in the area were booked because of the hurricane and because of this we were stuck. The next morning I woke up with a headache and puffy eyes. The hurricane had came and gone so we kept the balcony door open because the mold smell was so bad! We kept the balcony door open the remainder of the time we were there. We could not wait until the curfew was lifted so that we can get far away from this hotel! We spent most of our stay out of our hotel room because it was too strong to sit inside and most likely TOXIC too! We would call the front desk about the mold in their rooms and they would just offer to switch the rooms. This doesn’t solve the problem if the hotel rooms are infected with mold. So gross. It seems as though the air conditioner had some type of chemicals blowing out of it to mask the mold smell.

My fiancé and I wanted a refund as this is the worse Disney resort experience that we have ever had! Of course management declined to give us any of our money back as they made up excuses. We even sent Disney a written complaint by e-mail and receive no response (and it has been 1 month since it happened and still no response). Such a waste of money, as this hotel is expensive!! I didn’t expect this from a deluxe Disney Resort especially one that has such great reviews online. All in all BEWARE unless you like the smell of MOLD.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AbundantLove
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights during the Food and Wine Festival as well as the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. The resort was immaculately kept with wonderful staff, room service, fitness center, and location. They even had an early morning Yoga class on the main grounds overlooking the lake and scenic resorts across the way. The late-night performers on the Boardwalk were a treat and you can't beat its proximity to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. We've never used the Disney Transportation, as we always preferred to rent a car, but we didn't need need to this trip! Everything we wanted to do was a short walk, boat, bus, or monorail away. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BradMindy620
Reviewed 4 October 2017

OK, so in pulling up to the hotel, I utilized the valet parking. It is a little more expensive but not by much compared to self parking. I was greeted at my car, they unloaded my bags and gave me a ticket for my bags as well as a valet ticket.

I made my way to the front desk for check in, there was no line which was great. I was greeted with a big "welcome home" by the very kind desk agent. Checkin was going smoothly as I had done most of the stuff prior to arriving, but I was very disappointed to see that the room I had pre-paid for, a room with a king bed was not available. They had over sold them, which was really upsetting as I came here for a weekend get away with my wife. When asked how they could sell me one thing (king bed, prepaid) and replace it with two double beds, I was met with blank stares. So not cool disney, don't ask for pre-payment if your not going to guarantee things on your end. So that was frustrating, but not wanting to spoil the trip, I pressed on.

The luggage was delivered shortly upon arrival to the room. The room was clean, smelled good, the bed was made, no mold or hair anywhere in the room, and frankly the room was fairly large. I loved the huge TV, Fridge, couch and the desk. Very good layout, comfortable sheet and bedding and the disney bathroom products were top of the line and didn't irritate my very sensitive skin.

So a couple of incidents that took place whilst staying here, first a package that I had sent to this hotel was lost and send the power went out for an extended amount of time.

Lets start with the power, at about 230-3 am on the night we checked in, the power went out in the whole hotel. I only noticed as the ceiling fan and AC shut off, and for those that stayed in Florida in September, they know its very hot and humid, so with the loss of power, my room got hot and humid very quickly. Repeated calls to the front desk and maintenance didn't really provided an consistent information. I received information that it was going to be back on shortly, to something blew and they didn't have an ETA for finishing. This was a big problem, as number one, no AC or fan and second, we wanted to use the extra magic hour, well in order to do that, we had to get up when its still dark and try and shower in the pitch black, to curling iron or blow drier for my wife and again, super hot getting out of the shower so you just sweat.

Also, there was no food available in the hotel while the power was out. So we were delayed in waking up and getting ready and couldn't get breakfast so basically we missed the extra magic hour. Not happy about that whatsoever as I was only there for two nights and had planned which parks to visit based on extra magic hours...so really upset about that.

With regards to the package, I sent multiple packages to the hotel to pick them up as I live in Chile. All of the packages sent via FedEx, UPS or DHL go to the business center, and all that were sent to the business center, I received no problem. PLEASE be aware that the resort charges 5 dollars per package for handling...kind of a rip off, but what do you do!?!?! Anyway, for packages sent using USPS, it goes through the front desk. I only had one package like this and they lost it. I was able to show tracking that they received it, but they indicated to me that they delivered it but didn't have anything showing that I received it from them.

I utilized room service a couple of times, each time, the food was delivered about 30 minutes after my order was placed, the food was excellent, fresh, hot and the extra or specifics of the order were done correctly. One thing I didn't like is the fact that they try and do a little tricky trick...when signing for the bill, they have a line for a tip, which is fine, happy to provide a tip, but if you don't read the whole bill, you will miss the fact that they already charge you 18% gratuity. Not cool to try and double up on someone that may not speak english or understand this process. If you are going to charge 18% tip, that is fine, but don't try and double up on this...not cool and comes across as shady.

The hotel grounds are amazing, we enjoyed nightly walks around the boardwalk, over to Epcot, which was only a 10 minute walk, over to the other disney properties and back. The ground were kept in amazing condition, very clean, swept and great to look at.

So, check out was fine, everything was fairly automated, the bill was accurate and was a breeze. I was going back and forth on the rating of this hotel, as I had the three issues discussed above, which would have lowered my rating to 2-3, however, I don't believe these issue happen often and are most likely out of the normal. Further, when I was checking out and explained the issues to give feedback on the stay, in true Disney fashion, they made "it right." This is what separates disney from other companies, is their customer service. They were very polite, apologetic and frankly didn't need to do what they did, but it blew me away with what they did, I won't go into specifics, but suffice to say, because of how they handled it, I would happily recommend them to friends and family and will be returning myself.

Thanks for a great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel due to its location, accommodations, food and overall service. Keep up the great work

Room Tip: Get something overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Swaggger007
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

For the first time I decided to splurge and stay club level. I had 2 friends visiting from out of state and wanted to make sure they had an amazing experience. You can't find a better location then the resorts at the Boardwalk, especially during the food and wine festival. We had a great view, a large oversized room, and a fabulous experience. The first evening, I wasn't sure the up charges for the club level was really worth it. However the cooked to order breakfast and the desert with the cordials, made it well worth it. I would highly recommend if you have a large family. The breakfast alone, will save you about $100.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I found the hotel to have poor signage. The designer spent more time placing "kitchy" decorative signs and never one meaningful sign to indicate where the elevators are. Once in my room, it seemed great until I realized 3 noticeable, non-functional items that should have never passed a room inspection. Considering how many "cast members" they have I was surprised.

On the plus side and To their credit, once I informed the front desk all 3 room deficiencies were fixed.
Housekeeping staff are as friendly as any I have ever encounters.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business