“Overall it was good”

Ranked #169 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Guatemala
“Overall it was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The surroundings were good, nice gardening and very close to the iRide bus stop. Te rooms were large and well distributed. However, we encountered a huuuuge cockroach on the curtain. The breakfast was average but complete. Very friendly transportation guy (Rafael). We had such a great time!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Party-Hoppers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We booked the Parc Corniche for a family trip that included my wife, our three children, my parents, and myself. The Parc Corniche staff were very helpful, including allowing us to check in at 10AM!

The room furnishings were definitely dated, but all of the condos are currently undergoing an interior remodel. Ours had not been remodeled yet. Our room was a nice size and had everything that we needed. It didn't have many frills, but was comfortable and a great place to call home for five days. The room itself was very clean and we experienced no problems in that department. We used the light housekeeping option, which saved us a lot of money. Housekeeping costs at some condos in Orlando are astronomical. At around than $100 a day for the room, tax, and housekeeping, it worked out to be $50 a day for each couple. When you look at it that way, it's a steal.

The continental breakfast was not a show-stopper, but was filling and much better than most motels. It is located in a large conference room, which meant there was plenty of seating. I also noticed the timeshare person in the office, as some other reviews mentioned. I passed him every day and never received a pitch.

The grounds were very well kept and border a Marriott golf course. The complex is well lit and well laid out, making it nice for an evening walk.

Although the Parc Corniche is not the most glamorous place to stay in Orlando, it is a great value and close to SeaWorld and Disney. For our family, it was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that have been remodeled.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank disneyworldnerd
Luton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you are looking for luxury, stay at a Hilton or a Wyndham, Parc Corniche is a lot of things, Luxury is not one of them. Having read reviews beforehand I was genuinely worried about staying here, I always try to keep an open mind though. Oh dear, my fears were realised. I am not quire sure what Parc Corniche is about, the complex is tatty, the rooms are in desperate need of a refurbishment too. The towels and bed sheets were dirty, clearly the floors hadnt been hoovered/vaccumed for a while and the general upkeep was that of a hotel complex that had seen better days. As helpful as the staff were you simply cannot justify how run down things seemed to be. Breakfast was at best basic, I am led to belive that it was a shadow of what you were given a while ago. The shame is that it could be quite a nice place to stay if only the basics were improved.

Room Tip: To stay here you need a car, the location is great if you drive, rooms on the top floors arent good...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank BUNGLE67
Cooper City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here about a year ago---not bad, not great. This time was totally different. First off the free breakfast was strpped down drastically from pervious stays. As we walked in we were harassed by a rude time share person wanting us to sit thru a presentation. I don't know when they started doing this but it wasn't there on our previous stay. Let's just say the overall quality of people staying here has gone down drastically. To top it all off we discovered bed bugs in our room----disgusting. Don't be enticed by low priced rooms. We won't be back any time soon!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Pat M
Joe D, Manager at Parc Corniche Condominium Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
I was disappointed to read your review of our hotel and that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations to all of our guests.

We offer a basic continental breakfast that includes a variety of cereals, oatmeal, assorted yogurts, fresh fruit, pastries, variety of fresh breads, sliced cheese and a variety of fresh juices and coffee & tea.

I was surprised to hear that our guest service staff was rude because we usually receive good comments about their services.

I wish that you would have mentioned the concerns you had about possible bed bugs in your room. In the tourism industry hotels are sometimes faced with a guest room having bed bugs. I am pleased to state that after inspection, the room you stayed in showed no active or previous signs of bed bugs. All the departments of the hotel have been through bed bug training programs. We always pay very close attention to the beds as this is a serious concern in the hotel industry.

Again thank you for your stay and I am sorry that it was not a more enjoyable one.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I checked out of a disgusting Holiday Inn and went in search of other accommodations. The Around Me app on my iPhone led us to the Parc Corniche; it was close by, and the price was good, comparatively speaking ($89 for one night). From the outside, the property is charming and welcoming. However, our room was very old and not very clean. Renovations are definitely needed. We refused to walk barefoot on the carpet, the bed had what looked like pubic hair and other detritus on the sheets, the bathroom sink had an extremely slow, clogged drain, and the shower curtain had something that resembled bird poop stuck to the inside of it.

We liked having a kitchen, but that amenity did not offset the outdated and unclean aspects of our condo. On a positive note, my husband said he liked the free breakfast. I didn't try it.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank English18
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

After reading comments from other reviewers I was somewhat apprehensive about staying at the Parc Corniche although I had stayed there a fews times several years ago. The condo was exactly what I requested (third floor, end unit). The unit was clean and the housekeeping staff came in every day to change the towels and take the trash. All of the staff I had contact with were friendly, professional and accommodating. I used the pool/hot and fitness center (the temperature in the fitness center could be much cooler). I did not check out the continental breakfast. I will not hesitate to stay at theParc Corniche in the future and will gladly recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DebbieR21058
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Our travel agent had unfortunately already booked and paid for this condo before we went on Tripadvisor and read all the poor reviews. We really did go to the hotel hoping for the best, however we weren't surprised that is was so terrible after reading all the reviews.

The rooms are really in need of an update and some sound proofing. We struggled to sleep at night as we were in a ground floor room and could hear the people above us stomping around all night. The whole condo really needed an update and especially new furniture. The springs in our couches were broken and we arrived to find a full ash tray of cigarettes on our balcony as the cleaners did a very poor job. It wasn't in the best position for visiting all the parks and as we are from Australia we had to use taxis to get to either Universal or Disney and to do our food shopping which cost us alot of money. In hindsight we should have paid more for a better hotel and the money we would have spent on taxis would have gone to this.
We definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family