“"A weekend I will never forget"”

Parc Corniche Condominium Resort Hotel
Ranked #164 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We arrived Friday April 20th for a weekend to celebrate my birthday. We booked this resort because of the "Luxury villas" that come complete with a full kitchen and especially the Oversized soaking tub". This was our first visit here at this resort after it was recommended to us. The staff when registering was very helpful. Especially Kande. he gave me directions to the nearest supermarket to purchase what we needed for the next couple of days of our stay. We were given our villa keys (villa No# 7) and were sent on our way. there are only 8 villas that they rent. Everything looked great as we drove to the rear of the complex and approached the villas. Unfortunately, what we encountered once we entered the villa was the surprise we didn't expect. As I put the food away, ($95.00 in grocerys) I removed the pots and pans from inside the cabinet. Immediately I noticed there was a problem the pots and pans were in bad condition. non-stick pots and pans were scratched so deep there was rust in the cracks. Also, I found a baking dish that anyone with common sense would know it couldn't be used because of the rust and baked food that had become part of the baking pan. Thats when I got into "make a list mode" to let the front desk know of problems with the unit. My son then discovered his quilt "upstairs guess room" was torn. we called the front desk immediately and did not receive another "new" quilt until the next day. I also noticed all the chairs at the dinning room table were scuffed with white scratches on the back. made a note of the missing "blind panel" in the livingroom and red stains on the carpet just below the stairs. Now the worst, after trying to relax after going out for dinner (another $45.00) since we couldn't use those pans, I filled the soaking tub which took 1/2 hour to fill and turned on the jets. Thats when I couldnt believe my eyes, BLACK SOOT began coming out of the jets contaminateing the water coming out of the jets and with it came hair and more black soot. The next morning I gave a detailed letter to the manager on site to forward to the general manager with my personal cell number on it so he could reach me. I told him I had pictures and video. He (the manager on site) told me he would give the GM the letter personally. When we returned that evening after spending another ($82.50 dinner) plus ($25.00 lunch) eating out we decided to celebrate outside the resort and take in some of the nearby sites due to not being able to use the villa as planned, we visited Universal studio and returned to find that someone had entered the unit to remove the stain below the staircase. nothing else was done., at check out, I was told the GM does not work on weekends and I was given a discount of $40.00 from my $312.76 bill. which felt like a slap in the face. keep in mind that was the price just for two nights. We only use the villa for a place to sleep. as far as cooking or enjoying the soaking tub, we could not nor would not use Items that should be thrown out and replaced or a tub that was contaminated with unknown black soot and hair. I expected to have a weekend to remember. I got that and more, A weekend I probably will never forget! I hope that after the general manager gets my letter he will make things right. The resort is a very nice looking place. Its very quite "except for the sound of the hot tub next door the neighbor used all night long". the location is near all the theme parks and other than the issues we encountered im sure if our unit was properly maintained it could have been a great place to stay. I will be reposting any response I get from the GM. its only fair that I give them the opportunity to make things right.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lugoh20water

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Had read some negative reviews, but it was great value for money. Food in bar area was great, very friendly bar staff-Eileen and Bob were great fun. Resort next to an iride stop, very close to sea world. Daily buses to parks. Can buy park tickets at hotel. Massive apartment. small supermarket on site. Gym and outdoor pool on site. Apartment-bathroom cleaned and towels changed daily.Very relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eire27
Reviewed 15 April 2012

While staying in Orlando my girlfriends and I rented one of the Parc Corniche's luxury villas. After reading some of the reviews of the regular hotel rooms we were glad we chose the upgrade. Our villa was exactly as pictured on the website and very clean inside and out. It was secluded passed the hotel buildings and parking was located right outside the villa doors. It was 2 stories and had 3 bathrooms (one downstairs & 2 upstairs in each bedroom). Overall awesome place to stay while vacationing and will definitely choose this villa the next time around.

Room Tip: Choose the upgraded luxury villa! It's worth every penny.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The place is advisable, it is true that they only change the towels and do not make the beds (except against a payment of 20 USD), the breakfast is not a must (no fresh fruits nor any choice of yogurts as mentioned) but there is bread and cereals in a closed environment, but on the whole the place is nice, gardens and quietness at night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Triplover1st
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The surroundings were good, nice gardening and very close to the iRide bus stop. Te rooms were large and well distributed. However, we encountered a huuuuge cockroach on the curtain. The breakfast was average but complete. Very friendly transportation guy (Rafael). We had such a great time!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Party-Hoppers
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We booked the Parc Corniche for a family trip that included my wife, our three children, my parents, and myself. The Parc Corniche staff were very helpful, including allowing us to check in at 10AM!

The room furnishings were definitely dated, but all of the condos are currently undergoing an interior remodel. Ours had not been remodeled yet. Our room was a nice size and had everything that we needed. It didn't have many frills, but was comfortable and a great place to call home for five days. The room itself was very clean and we experienced no problems in that department. We used the light housekeeping option, which saved us a lot of money. Housekeeping costs at some condos in Orlando are astronomical. At around than $100 a day for the room, tax, and housekeeping, it worked out to be $50 a day for each couple. When you look at it that way, it's a steal.

The continental breakfast was not a show-stopper, but was filling and much better than most motels. It is located in a large conference room, which meant there was plenty of seating. I also noticed the timeshare person in the office, as some other reviews mentioned. I passed him every day and never received a pitch.

The grounds were very well kept and border a Marriott golf course. The complex is well lit and well laid out, making it nice for an evening walk.

Although the Parc Corniche is not the most glamorous place to stay in Orlando, it is a great value and close to SeaWorld and Disney. For our family, it was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that have been remodeled.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank disneyworldnerd
Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you are looking for luxury, stay at a Hilton or a Wyndham, Parc Corniche is a lot of things, Luxury is not one of them. Having read reviews beforehand I was genuinely worried about staying here, I always try to keep an open mind though. Oh dear, my fears were realised. I am not quire sure what Parc Corniche is about, the complex is tatty, the rooms are in desperate need of a refurbishment too. The towels and bed sheets were dirty, clearly the floors hadnt been hoovered/vaccumed for a while and the general upkeep was that of a hotel complex that had seen better days. As helpful as the staff were you simply cannot justify how run down things seemed to be. Breakfast was at best basic, I am led to belive that it was a shadow of what you were given a while ago. The shame is that it could be quite a nice place to stay if only the basics were improved.

Room Tip: To stay here you need a car, the location is great if you drive, rooms on the top floors arent good...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends