“You call this a spa”

Eo Inn
Ranked #231 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Well I took my fiance there for a couples massage because we were going to be in the area for dinner. Had a 5 pm appt, we arrived 15 mins prior & the door was locked! Called them from my cell phone & who ever answered wasnt on site & was trying to reach someone in the building. We ended up having to wait for a guest that was staying at the hotel to let us in. Then we get upstairs to the "spa" they take us to this room that looked like a garage/motel room. We were to get under a TOWEL not a blanket/sheet. The towel had stains all over it so I showed it to the massage therapist & he told me they all look pretty bad. Said the lotion stains the towels!! I cant believe they charge $180 to go there. It was such a horrible experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lanahgreen

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Small hotel with a Spa. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Room is small but nice and the bathroom more like a European bathroom but shower is quite large. Had room with a balcony which is also quite nice. Rates very reasonable for a single bedroom. Panera attached to the hotel so easy for breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I have been traveling to downtown Orlando for 5 years now and I stay here every time. The Inn has a very Zen feeling that just makes me feel welcome, at home, and cozy. I enjoy the location across from lake Eola for walking, location to restaurants in walking distance, and 15 minutes in medium traffic from airport. The staff is great and Inn Keeper(Eddie) is always helpful in offering suggestions for dinner, night life, and informative about local attractions. It's my retreat that makes my work life not so impersonal and predictable.

Thanks for a great place to stay while away from home.

Eli

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I was forced to travel to Orlando for business frequently and found the average accommodations to be geared to the tourist market. While the laughter of children is fine, it's not fine to be facing a pool at the Marriott at 11 o'clock and hear them still splashing about.

The Eo was a great change from the spread out, touristy collection of hotels in Orlando. Downtown and within walking distance of a lot of great hotels, it was still quiet at night, and a great place to stay. A little funky, but fun.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2009

We found the hotel and spa staff both to be professional and friendly. The spa services we had (massage, facial, pedicure) were exceptional. This part of Orlando (Lake Eola) was unique and surprising. We spent a lot of time birdwatching and picnicking on the lake. The accommodations leave much to be desired. Our room was very tiny with a small bathroom that had no room for our toiletries. The walls are so thin I could hear someone snoring next door every night. The advertised hot tub was very dirty and was cleaned a couple of days after we complained. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but thought it pricey considering the accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

We have really great deals running year round now. Being competitive and fair is one of our biggests goals as a business and accommodations provider.

Reviewed 27 February 2009

I stayed for one night at the Eo Inn. I arrived on a Sunday night at about 8 pm and knew in advance that there would be no staff working at that time. The instructions for the lock box were fine, but when I got there, the lock box was sitting open and my key (and someone else's) were just sitting for anyone to take...with my name and the other person's name on the envelopes and personal information inside. If I had not already paid for the room, I would have left at that point. When I got up to the room, it was fine, not the luxury that they touted as a "spa" but decent and seemed clean for the most part. No tub, just a shower with no curtain so the entire bathroom got wet. Overall ok but I would not stay there again. As a woman traveling alone my safety and security needs to be first priority.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank IntlEdRoadWarrior
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

The lock box is used and based on an honor system with our guests. Each guest is to use the box, retrieve their key and lock the box again. Only our late arrivals are given the instructions for the box. Our property is listed as a boutique hotel with a spa located on our second floor. I apologize if this was misleading. We have worked very hard to try and correct any misgivings that may have been online previously to ensure all of our guests are aware of the quaint boutique hotel that we are. We also have a 24 hour Innkeeper who can be reached by calling anytime with any problems whatsoever. The number for the Innkeeper is listed on our front door, in the instruction letter included in the late arrival envelope, in the hotel room and outside in our telephone box should any guest need assistance. Most of our rooms have a walk in glass shower with an opening to enter and exit out of.

Reviewed 4 February 2009

We found out about this hotel through a hotel search site but got a better deal through the hotel's own website. The staff was very helpful and truely friendly. The hotel was a little smaller than we thought but it made up for it with it's view and upscale decore. We loved the location since we were going to the arena for a basketball game. Plus there was so much to do downtown. The only other negitive I could say is that when anyone was in the hallway you could hear them but we loved this hotel and will prefer to only stay here with all of our future trips.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)