All reviewspanera breadlake eolaboutique hoteldowntown orlandothornton parkgreat boutiquesmall inncomplimentary coffee and waterhuge balconywithin walking distancebalcony roombed was comfortablerestaurants and barsking suitewould stay againkeurigtub
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Small hotel with a Spa. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Room is small but nice and the bathroom more like a European bathroom but shower is quite large. Had room with a balcony which is also quite nice. Rates very reasonable for a single bedroom. Panera attached to the hotel so easy for breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I have been traveling to downtown Orlando for 5 years now and I stay here every time. The Inn has a very Zen feeling that just makes me feel welcome, at home, and cozy. I enjoy the location across from lake Eola for walking, location to restaurants in walking distance, and 15 minutes in medium traffic from airport. The staff is great and Inn Keeper(Eddie) is always helpful in offering suggestions for dinner, night life, and informative about local attractions. It's my retreat that makes my work life not so impersonal and predictable.

Thanks for a great place to stay while away from home.

Eli

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I was forced to travel to Orlando for business frequently and found the average accommodations to be geared to the tourist market. While the laughter of children is fine, it's not fine to be facing a pool at the Marriott at 11 o'clock and hear them still splashing about.

The Eo was a great change from the spread out, touristy collection of hotels in Orlando. Downtown and within walking distance of a lot of great hotels, it was still quiet at night, and a great place to stay. A little funky, but fun.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2009

We found the hotel and spa staff both to be professional and friendly. The spa services we had (massage, facial, pedicure) were exceptional. This part of Orlando (Lake Eola) was unique and surprising. We spent a lot of time birdwatching and picnicking on the lake. The accommodations leave much to be desired. Our room was very tiny with a small bathroom that had no room for our toiletries. The walls are so thin I could hear someone snoring next door every night. The advertised hot tub was very dirty and was cleaned a couple of days after we complained. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but thought it pricey considering the accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

We have really great deals running year round now. Being competitive and fair is one of our biggests goals as a business and accommodations provider.

Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed for one night at the Eo Inn. I arrived on a Sunday night at about 8 pm and knew in advance that there would be no staff working at that time. The instructions for the lock box were fine, but when I got there, the lock box was sitting open and my key (and someone else's) were just sitting for anyone to take...with my name and the other person's name on the envelopes and personal information inside. If I had not already paid for the room, I would have left at that point. When I got up to the room, it was fine, not the luxury that they touted as a "spa" but decent and seemed clean for the most part. No tub, just a shower with no curtain so the entire bathroom got wet. Overall ok but I would not stay there again. As a woman traveling alone my safety and security needs to be first priority.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank IntlEdRoadWarrior
eoinn, Owner at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

The lock box is used and based on an honor system with our guests. Each guest is to use the box, retrieve their key and lock the box again. Only our late arrivals are given the instructions for the box. Our property is listed as a boutique hotel with a spa located on our second floor. I apologize if this was misleading. We have worked very hard to try and correct any misgivings that may have been online previously to ensure all of our guests are aware of the quaint boutique hotel that we are. We also have a 24 hour Innkeeper who can be reached by calling anytime with any problems whatsoever. The number for the Innkeeper is listed on our front door, in the instruction letter included in the late arrival envelope, in the hotel room and outside in our telephone box should any guest need assistance. Most of our rooms have a walk in glass shower with an opening to enter and exit out of.