On a recent four night stay in Disney World celebrating my 65th birthday with my family, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. This is a lodge reminiscent of the great lodges of the National Parks. Using log construction and a breathtaking four story lobby, Disney imparts the sense of having entered into a lodge surrounded by conifer forests within the confines of Yellowstone or Yosemite. In reality, you are only a stone's throw away from the Magic Kingdom. The decor and ambiance is what you would expect from a Disney Deluxe Resort Hotel. Meal options within the lodge range from cafes to signature table service restaurants. Our room was quite comfortable with a view of the primary pool and Bay Lake. My wife was quite pleased with the double sinks in the bathroom. We did discover that the lodge has a secondary pool providing a quieter pool experience. Transportation to the theme parks is provided by bus or boat on Bay Lake. On several occasions we did find the wait for buses to be longer than expected.
To some the view of the 9:30 PM Electrical Parade plying the waters of Bay Lake would be a plus, but my daughter found that the music from the parade made it difficult to get our 5 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter to sleep after long days at the theme parks. On the other hand, Disney is not exactly where you go for rest and relaxation.
As usual, we found the Disney customer service to be above and beyond. We have stayed on Disney property two other times (Beach Club Resort and Polynesian Resort), and although we loved the Wilderness Lodge, we found that having access to the monorail from your hotel to be a plus. The Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian Resorts all have monorail stops within the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida