“Yacht Club March 2012” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Ontario
“Yacht Club March 2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Disney Yacht Club is a beautiful resort. The room we were given was very spacious and had a view of the quiet pool. The main pool is spectacular, although there are renovations until May which made moving about the area very inconvenient. Although the staff was friendly, they did not go out of there way to make it a magical experience for our children. On one rainy day, the concierge had no idea of any activities for the children to do. The other inconvenience is the location of the nearest quick-serve. It is located at the Beach Club and from our location, it would have been closer to walk to the Swan and Dolphin. The location to Epcot and Hollywood studios was great. It was a five minute walk to the back entrance of Epcot which was great because there was never a line to enter the park. Hollywood Studios was about a 15 minute boat ride. Overall, the location and beauty of the area is a real bonus for staying at the Yacht Club. However, given the option, I think we would choose the Wilderness Lodge based on the attention given to children, location to Magic Kingdom and the ease at which to access the quick-serve restaurant.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, you will have to walk a ways to access the lobby, main pool and quick-serve resta...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank momoftwinsOntario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Thai first
gulf breeze florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My sister and I stayed her for four nights the first week of February. The weather was perfect. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to Club Level. What a treat. The food and service was great. The room was spacious and clean. Loved the feel of the hotel and the smell of the lobby is something I wish I could bring home to my house. I think this will be the resort we keep coming back to. Loved to walk the sidewalk from YC all the way around to Boardwalk and back for exercise at night. Quick walk to back gate of Epcot. All the staff were very helpful. The people in the gift shop went out of their way to help me find some ear plugs at another resort gift shop because they did not have any in stock.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SandyK
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Disney's Yacht Club is the sister resort to Disney’s Beach Club and shares amenities. Superb location to Epcot, a short walk to the rear entrance between the France and UK pavilions. The combined properties of the Yacht club and Beach club are quite large and have share a mini water park which is only accessible to guests of the two properties. The pools have sandy beaches, short lazy rivers, and a waterslide. You will need to get a bracelet from the pool attendants in order to access the pools. The only drawback to these pools is that they tend to close fairly early, not surprising due to lifeguard staff needed. The properties do have a few other standard pools which are open later and are rarely crowded (and much quieter!).
This upscale resort property continues its New England yacht club theme at every opportunity, we truly felt like were we at a lakeside turn or the century hotel. Standard room sizes are hotel rooms, while immaculate they are not overly large and the maximum occupancy is 4 per room. Chances are you will not be spending much time in your room, but do not expect to end your day in your own private oasis. If you are looking for the best value, this is not the place but the location makes it easy to get to most places. Because the neighbouring resorts are all Deluxe the Disney busses are not usually crowded, making getting around less stressful than the value resorts.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lorax001
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My company recenlty sent us to the Yacht Club for a meeting. My first excperince at the hotel was lunch with a beautiful view. Our company provided a buffet which was hosted by the Yacht Club. I have to say that for buffet food (sitting out in 82 degree weather ) it was delicious! The waitstaff was very attentive to the tables and there was never a dirty plate laying around. They would come in and wisk them away immediatley.

Check in went very smooth, especially considering over 300 people were checking in at once!!!! The room was a bit small, but the decor was cute in its nautical theme. The beds were VERY comfortable. I would say it may actually have been more comfortable than my own bed. Pillows, mattress, and comforter are avaliable for sale if you like them that much!!!However, getting luggage was an issue!!! I was aware that there was 300 people checking in at once....I waited over an hour for my luggage and almost missed the bus with my group for Disney World. After being told several times it was on its way, I headed down stairs and got it myself.

Checking out for others was quick and painless. I however, received someone elses room charges on my room. After about 30 min. and three employees later someone figured out how to get the charges off my room. I was only frustrated for the 30 min. I was dealing with the front desk, after all your in Disney World!!! Everything is magical and happy there. The other little perk!!!! They have an airport kiosk right at the hotel. I was able to check in and get my boarding pass ...they did all the work!!

Overall, it was a good experince. I plan on returning to Orlando in the future with my family. I will defiantly consider Yacht Club for my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

The room itself was clean and served it's purpose. The hotel itself was nicely decorated and not too loud. The restaurants on property were chain quality. The staff here is iffy. Some are very loud and abrubt and some are kind and accomodating but they are all forgetful.
I called the front desk one morning to ask for an disposible razor. It was never brought up to the room. Also, I was there for a business conference and all the employees rooms were being paid through a master account. I was asked for my credit card for incidentals. I complied but confirmed with the front desk associate that the stay was being paid by the master account. When I received my expense report an additional night was charged to my card. This happened to another one of my co-workers. We are in the process of having it corrected.
The hotel was undergoing construction during my stay. One evening around 6pm when I returned to my hotel room there was a construction worker on my balcony and my sliding glass door was ajar. A little warning would have been nice. I was scared half to death.
This is not what I would have expected from a Disney hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kimquita
Swansea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Recently stated at the Yacht Club and truly enjoyed it. The room was a bit small, but comfortable. We were asked what time we would like our room made up. This was honored the first day, but not the second. I did call the concierge and it was corrected promptly. The room also had a coffee maker, but somewhat antiquated. Could have really used a Keurig!!! We used up the only two caffeinated coffee packets and housekeeping replaced them with decaff!! If there is one thing you need in Disney, it's caffeine. Once again I had to call and the coffee packets were brought up promptly. The Concierge Level was outstanding and the level of service was exceptional. I was assisted with boarding passes as well. The food choices were terrific and those homemade potato chips with red pepper dip were delicious!!!! The servers ware always friendly and attentive - whatever your need - they were on it. I would highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed in Disney multiple times but had never stayed at an Epcot Resort - this one was wonderful. Our most recent Disney vacation was several years ago at the Wilderness Lodge and we were all very disappointed with the level of service. We also had a marvelous meal at the Yachtsman Steakhouse with exceptional service and meal quality. We all enjoyed our steaks and they were cooked to perfection. It was also nice to see that a cast member was checking hotel cards for guests attempting to use the pool facilities at the Yacht Club. This was one of my complaints at the Wilderness. Many people would stay at a "Value Resort" then get dropped off at the Wilderness and use the pool. Many times, I would not be able to find a beach chair - very frustrating to those who pay top dollar to stay close to the park. If you are thinking of Disney - consider the Yacht Club but spring for a suite if you have a family - it's pricey, but if you spend time in the room you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite small for a family - if you able to get a suite, do so. We enjoyed the balcony...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MaryBeth5150
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We just got back from a three night stay at the Yacht Club and couldn't have been more thrilled with our experience. I've stayed at several of the Disney properties, from value to deluxe, and have always had a positive experience. However, there is something so wonderful about staying at one of the deluxe resorts that completely spoils you. The best part of the Yacht Club is the location. Located on Crescent Lake you get the perk of being right next door to Epcot and across the water from the Boardwalk. There is so much to do just within walking distance that you never have to leave the area if you don't want to. You get to enjoy all the resorts in the Epcot area for the price of one.

The Yacht Club is a beautiful resort and is much quieter than it's sister resort the Beach Club. If you're not traveling with children, I'd recommend the Yacht Club over the Beach Club and Boardwalk which definitely cater more to families. From the minute we got off the bus we were greeted and escorted straight to the registration desk. The hotel is just gorgeous, smells like a dream, and our room was spacious and had a lovely view of the quiet pool. The main pool, Stormalong Bay, is enormous although it's not my favorite pool on Disney property. I feel like there are too many shallow areas and even in the middle of the day that pool is always packed. We actually preferred just sitting on the beach.

What else is great is that you can walk to Epcot in five minutes and you get to go through the World Showcase entrance which is far less crowded than the main one. And if you don't feel like watching the fireworks with all the crowds at Epcot, you can catch them right from the hotel! Overall, you can't go wrong staying here. The service is incredible, the property is beautiful, and it's in the middle of some of the best Disney has to offer. It definitely has a more adult feel which was nice but still was just as whimsical and charming as the other resorts.

Room Tip: We faced the quiet pool which was lovely. If you want a water view I would request a room that'...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple