We have been to Disney approx. 6 times in 10 years. 4x stayed at GF; 1x at Boardwalk (my husband had a business meeting, so our hotel was chosen for us and no kids that time) and this last time at Yacht Club. 2 kids at GF and YC. We had a good experience at BW (no kids as was business trip), and had walked over to the Beach Club/YC to eat at Beaches and Cream and checkout yacht club. We thought out daughter would love pool and is decent location for transportation. Our daughter did love the pool but after 9 days of total chaos when trying to get just a drink, clean room or eat at one of the restauranrts, I came to a realization. If we wanted to go to a faint "sand bottom" pool, we should have gone to the ocean. If we wanted to go to a fun pool with a lazy river, we should have gone to a water park. We go to Disney for Disney (and Universal). The problem was that we are accustomed to the peaceful, relaxing, CLEAN GF, w/ spacious rooms, etc. When we arrived at the YC, there was a dirty towel on the sink. It had a fresh redish pink liquid on it. I kept telling myself it was kook-aide and not blood. It looked as if the housekeeper left it there. When one of is went to use the bathroom, we discovered that the toilet seat had to be shifted to 1 side so that the bathroom door would close. When we called front desk, they were kind enough to tell us in their magical way that we
must be putting the toilet seat down incorrectly. Really WDW?? On our 1st day back from a long, hot day (but fun) of park hopping, we came back to the YC and only 1 bed vs. plus daybed had been made. No clean towels, pillows on floor, etc. After calling to complain, they did a better job the next day. However, there was always something not done or they forgot something. We often got 1 washcloth for 4 people. The only good thing I can say about the YC was that the English waiter we had was a charmer. He is an example of what we had always experienced at WDW in the past. The late hour front desk staff was also very helpful. Daytime hotel staff was hit or miss. Once we stepped outside to do anything in the area such as go to the pool, get drink at pool bar, go to soda shop, watch movie on "beach", etc, we always felt as if we were bothering the staff. Service in the hotel was a trainwreck. The staff were either irritated or they were constantly running out of items such as menu items for kids, drink holders, etc. Our trip cost us in excess of $10,000 and we were treated like cattle. Never thought I'd say this but we will need to decide next time of we will give WDW one more chance (staying at GF) or jump ship and stay at Universal. This time at Disney, It seemed as if they had lost sight of their mission of providing a magical experience; part of which I assumed were at a minimum, a clean room, warm smiles and stocked supplies. Instead, we felt treated like cattle. Overall our park experience was good (though something is missing that used to be there w/customer service) but the Yacht club was a huge, severely over-priced disappointment!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida