“THE BEST!”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #57 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was my husbands first time visiting disney world. It was a wondeful first time experience. We also booked for the cheapest room and got upgraded to club level for family of the day. It was truly the best. I have been to many many disney resorts in the past, and this has been my favorite. All the staff went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and happy. We both had a great vacation.. wish we were still there! Will definitely be returning, and stayin in the club level. The hotel feel is amazing and everything is super clean. We had the pleasure and opportunity to stay in the club level, and we are very thankful for this. The rooms are beautiful and the entire resort is as well. The staff from check in to beyond were very nice and helpful. Great resort, awesome staff.. truly MAGICAL!

Room Tip: Higher floor for view. Club level spectacular!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelica m

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Truly a resort. From arriving at the airport using the Magical Express, to check-in, to truly helpful and engaged staff, to the fabulous facility - every aspect was beyond expectation. The location was also a nice surprise with the ability to walk to Epcot or boat to Epcot, the Boardwalk and to boat to Hollywood studios. The property is well maintained and the pool area includes a wide array of features for every age - a little beach, a little spa, a little water park and drinks and snacks delivered right to my chair. The room was very nice with a balcony and view of the Boardwalk property. Even the lavish supply of towels was really nice. There was an abundance of seating around the property, including rocking chairs on the porches. The spa & fitness center was very nice.
I was there on business for training at the adjoining Convention Center and the facility and staff made it so I was able to really enjoy my time there. I enjoyed walking all around, relaxing at the pool/water park (there is also a more secluded 'regular' pool). It was a short and pleasant walk to Epcot, and nice that I could take a boat back after walking a lot at Epcot. I enjoyed shopping and eating outside at the Boardwalk resort 'across the lake' and I also enjoyed the view of the Boardwalk from my Balcony at night.
I took advantage of the Magical Express, and as a jaded business traveler I was very skeptical. I by-passed baggage claim and went right to the Disney Welcome Center - luggage arrived at my room as promised. On my check out day - was delighted when my luggage tags and boarding pass arrived under the door.
The location and facility were fabulous for me - the friendly, knowledgeable, attentive staff made it an over-the-top great trip. The concierges helped me plan my free time so every minute I was able to enjoy. I ate several times in the restaurants at the Yacht club and at the Bakery at the Boardwalk resort and the food and views were good. It was nice to enjoy breakfast sitting outside in the morning - lots of good seating.
I now understand why people rave about the Disney ability to create magic.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the back side with a nice view of the Boardwalk resort. Also because the prope...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnieO11
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Arrived to a lovely welcome by the Receptionist, Rosetta - but then she told us our room was all the way over by the Convention Centre with a view of the car park....not quite Disney....We politely asked if there was an alternative and she upgraded us to a Garden Room with a view of the quiet pool, when we were then really cheeky and asked for a water view....she said that would cost us extra, we chose the pool view!
On arrival at the room, the phone rang and Rosetta informed us that she had allocated a water view room and would we like to see it!!! Oh my the room was amazing, Room 2009 - a corner room with a balcony with views right across the Boardwalk - we were covered in pixie dust...could not believe our luck. We were so grateful to Rosetta.
We had fabulous meals whilst we were there, in the Captains Grille and the Yachtsman Steak House and couldn't fault any of the meals we had.
The location is amazing and we got so much done from having hardly any travelling time to the parks. And being able to nip back to the Hotel when the heat got too much to relax by the pool was totally priceless.
You cant beat a Disney bed for comfort, mousekeeping was excellent and replenished everything above and beyond every day. This was an amazing 5 days and I would not hesitate in going back....but I'd make sure Rosetta was on Reception!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LittleTink
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We paid for the cheapest room and got upgraded to club level after being selected Disney family of the day. Spacious comfy clean rooms with H2o hair products, nice food and drink in concierge lounge, pool with lots of lifeguards and towels. Veggie burgers, fitness center, jogging paths, and sand on bottom of pool. Walk to Epcot in minutes with no line. Friendly staff wanting to make every second magical. Well done.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Bari D
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Our family has stayed at the Yacht Club 3 times within the past year so I feel good about writing a fair review. All 3 times have been wonderful, in fact, each vacation has gotten better than the previous one. This last trip taken at the end of April into May for 8 days was so fantastic that I've already scheduled our next vacation here within the next 4 months. This last trip we decided to splurge and stay at Club Level for the first time. Wow, was it ever worth it. The Regatta Club was so wonderful. Every morning we had a continental breakfast with offerings of hard boiled eggs, croissants, bagels, muffins, yogurt, oatmeal with toppings, specialty coffees, juices, etc. The concierge staff and other service staff went out of the way to make our stay great. The first day someone overheard my mother talking with another family member about desiring pop (soda) that was both sugar free and caffeine free. They immediately found her some and stocked the fridge in the Regatta Club Room with it. When it ran out they asked her what kind of pop she wanted and they went to the store and got some to stock for her (they just kept it in the "back" and when she asked for it someone retrieved it for her.) On our 2nd day I discovered that the battery in my camera needed to be recharged but I had forgotten my charger. None of the Kodak stores on any of the Disney properties had such a battery. Concierge staff to the rescue. A "runner" went out to a specialty battery store outside of Disney Property and found a replacement battery for my camera - only half a days worth of pictures missed, whew. Housekeeping staff were wonderful as well. Service to our room twice a day- once in the morning/early afternoon and again in the evening for turn down service which also included new towels, quick vacuum if needed, dumping of garbage, etc. My mother chose to do some laundry on property one day because she is OCD about dirty laundry. The location of the laundry room was great- right next to the "quiet pool". She just threw a load in to be washed, swam for awhile, and then 2 birds with 1 stone, it was done. We never wanted for anything except more time at the hotel. Regatta Club did make it difficult to leave the property and actually go to the Parks. The only negative about the hotel may actually be its greatest asset for many of the families with young children. The main pool, Stormalong Bay, is so large that it is difficult for a parent to watch their kids. If you love the lifeguards but still want to keep your own eye on your children, it is extremely difficult unless you get up and move around a lot (not so relaxing for adults unless you take turns.) Go to the quiet pool if you feel the need to- just remember it is called the quiet pool for a reason. Can't wait to go back. See you real soon.

Room Tip: If you don't care about view, stay Club Level Standard View on the 5th floor. This means you ar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank ARCNurse
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Everything was first class and really lived up to the Disney name. All the staff that I meet were excited to help me with everything I asked. The room was clean and good size. The pool area was nice, I particularly enjoyed the Lazy river.

This was a work trip and we used the Disney conference center that is located between the beach and Yacht Club. That was a great venue for business because the space was very flexible- good for confrences or dinners. The location of the resort was great because you could walk to Epcot and could take a boat to many of the parks.

Only negative is the resort layout made it a long walk to get to your room. There was an exit near my room but was frequently closed due to maintance going on outside the room.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor had patios instead of balconies and I feel like they were quicker to ge...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just got back from Florida a holiday with grandchildren, a brilliant time was had by all, this hotel is amazing, very clean, concierge very, very helpful apart from one who was pretty grotty after we had asked her how to get to Universal...seeing as we were in a Disney Hotel, she was not impressed and really quite rude not wanting to tell us anything about a place that was not Disney, Not happy with that....

I would definitely suggest getting a Disney dining plan as we spent an absolute fortune on food, Disney prices are very expensive. It does seem very difficult to find healthy option eating, everything seems to be geared up to very large, covered in sauce meals which is a shame.

Grandson had a birthday while we were there so we managed to get a table at the Polynesian resort, concierge told us that they would supply a birthday cake (extra charge), staff would sing Happy Birthday to him and we would be given neck garlands....got the cake after asking twice for it, nothing else happened though, very disappointed, not the birthday we were told it would be. Try explaining that to a 9 year old after he had been looking forward to it all day.

We had a room overlooking the small pool which was lovely, very quiet during the day but very noisy at night as all the youngsters were in the hot tub very late.

Anyway, that's enough complaining, all in all we had a fantastic time, the theme parks and the resorts are amazing.

Would we go back again ? Most definately, but with a Disney Dining plan firmly in place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family