4,836 results
All reviews park fare main building magic kingdom sugar loaf gasparilla grill gingerbread house boca chica mary poppins club level sago cay wedding pavilion mad hatter dormer room courtyard pool lagoon view disney world monorail stop
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Just got back from a family vacation to Disney. We always stay at the Grand Floridian. This is our 14th year in a row!

Atmosphere: Top notch. Love the feel of the resort. It is truly beautiful.

Staff: The best of the best. The last two years, we have stayed in Sugar Loaf. Before that, we always stayed in the main building. Every person who has ever helped us has been perfect. Thank you, Disney.

Pools: Large and clean. Not many extras, but the children always enjoy them.

Food: We ate at breakfast in the Sugar Loaf each morning, though my two boys went next door to the express food area too. Dinner at Citricos was good. Lunch at The Grand Floridian Cafe was good too.

Rooms: This is the week spot of the resort. The rooms are very small with a lot of furniture crammed in. It is hard to put your luggage anywhere. A bigger problem are the bathrooms. They are tiny! They still have step in tubs with bad shower curtains. One can barely shut the door when in the bathroom. The sinks are outside the bathroom with dirty carpet around them. I just don't understand how the flagship of Disney can have these conditions. The rooms are worse than a $69 a night highway motel.

The rooms never seemed clean. I think its the dated furnishings and carpet that seems so old and used. I couldn't wait to get out of the room every day. Thankfully we had the lobby to escape to.

I love this resort, though I am feeling that it is getting too dated. The problem is not the overall property, nor the employees. The problem are the rooms. I do not think I can pay over $700 a night again for the level of rooms at the hotel. This makes me quite sad! I can't wait for the new Four Seasons to open. That will probably be the next time we visit Disney.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank asdl
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Floridian in March, 2012. What an amazing place! Very beautiful, very close to the parks, and super clean. The staff members were so friendly and happy! I traveled in a group of 10, with 4 children under the age of 4. The experience was great for all members of our group. We requested a room facing the castle, and were able to see the fireworks nightly. The food was great (especially at Citricos) at the resort! The kids LOVED the pool, as it had a water slide that was the perfect size for our children. I just wish we had spent a little more time in the pool!! A great time had by all and highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the corner of a building, 4 floors up, facing the castle. The room was larger than the others, and had 2 patios!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison E
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel and resort. The atmosphere is wonderful especially in the lobby when the six piece band or pianist plays in the late afternoon and evening. The staff can't do enough for you very polite and attentive. The whole resort is very very clean and very well tended. It's position so close to the Magic Kingdom really makes it. It was everything I had hoped for and more. I recommend it for couples and families alike.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel is one of the grandest hotels that we have ever stayed at!! It is marvelous from the rooms, lobby, staff, pools, grounds... everything!! We had a small issue upon check-in (which isnt supposed to be until 3pm, but our room was ready at 11am!!)... we have three children so we were supposed to get a room with a sleeper day bed & did not have one in the room that they assigned us to. One call to the fromt desk & it was resolved within 10 minutes! The staff was so friendly & welcoming, the hotel smelled like fresh flowers & every part of it gleamed!! The grounds were perfect & the pools were so clean, so big & the hot tub was a plus too!

This is our second trip to Disney. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Kidani Village last year. While that hotel was beautiful, it was also super inconvienant to everything! Our room was so far away from the entrance & this hotel is the furthest away from everything... all parks, other resorts & downtown disney. We will not stay there again. The Grand Floridian is right next to the Magic Kingdom & you can take the monorail there, to the Polynesian, the Contemporary & to the other monorails that take you to Epcot. So easy & convienant!! The buses were super easy to catch & always quick to the parks.

The only negative thing i have to say about the resort was the price. It was pretty expensive, but everything else that was so great about it, trumped that one thing!! I highly reccommend this resort!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 9 which was right off of the main building & super close to everything. Bus transport & it wasnt too far from catchhing the boat to the park or other resorts close by.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I've been going to Disney World since it's beginning, and have been there 30+ times. I have stayed at many hotels on and off Disney property. The Disney resorts are the best because of the free bus transportation, and proximity to the parks. The Grand Floridian, has always been one of the hotels I love to visit, walk around, eat at their restaurants, but I had never had a chance to stay there. It was one of the places I always wanted to, but it was too pricey for me...just a dream. Well guess what? For my 50th birthday, my daughter booked the room, and arranged the stay for two nights. Our view was on the water, we could see the castle from our window. The bed and linens were so comfy. The food was good at the Grand Floridian Cafe. The pool, the hot tub, the beautifully landscaped gardens, the white sandy beach, and even the ducks were wonderful, but as an experienced Disney traveler, stay here when you are not visiting the parks, the resort itself is too nice to leave. We stayed in the Boca Chica building, which I highly recommend over the noisy main building. Go here for luxury and relaxation. Don't waste any time leaving this resort, it is too wonderful! If your trip mostly includes visiting the parks day and night, I recommend the more affordable POP Century Resort.

Room Tip: Get a water view room, the quiet privacy and view adds to the luxury, and the feeling of really getting away.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family