My family stayed at the Grand Floridian for 2 night at the end of March
We were traveling with our children ages 9, 16 and 20. We have stayed at the grand Floridian at least 10 times in the past 18 years with friends and family. Our "go to spot" has always been the G/F. The location is the absolute best, one stop from Magic Kingdom via the tram, or there is a boat ride option running directly between the resort and the Magic Kingdom. Location, location, location!!!
We booked a 2 bedroom club level suite. The front desk was very efficient when greeting us, but said we were not being put in main building, but an outside building next to a building that had club the club features. Our kids are a bit older, so walking between building is not a big problem, except when it rained
The 2 bedroom suite was large enough for us, but, much to my surprise it looks the same as it did the first time we visited 18 years ago. The rooms feel very tired, and the decorating could use some serious updating!!! Really serious updating.
As for the "club level" extras, not exactly what expected for the extra cost. Breakfast is busy time, and the waiting around for tables is frustrating. There is no real place for a patron to clear garbage, so there is a bit of waiting around for staff to clean up. The food at breakfast, was the best offering of the day! At other times you could find soda pop or cookies or cans of beer and a few other bottles of alcohol. There were other food offerings like fruit and ???, but often times I felt we were waiting to have things restocked
Another thing I was a bit disappointed by during our stay was not being informed about the changes being made to beach area. Seeing cranes and trucks on the sand was not great, but we spent little time at hotel, as we enjoyed the parks while we were there.
Our family loves Disney and hope to enjoy it for years to come. Grand Floridian seems to have lost some luster and the perks of the club level suites are very questionable. Great location, and that's why we pick to stay there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida