4,836 results
All reviews park fare main building magic kingdom sugar loaf gasparilla grill gingerbread house boca chica mary poppins club level sago cay wedding pavilion mad hatter dormer room courtyard pool lagoon view disney world monorail stop
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family stayed at the Grand Floridian for 2 night at the end of March

We were traveling with our children ages 9, 16 and 20. We have stayed at the grand Floridian at least 10 times in the past 18 years with friends and family. Our "go to spot" has always been the G/F. The location is the absolute best, one stop from Magic Kingdom via the tram, or there is a boat ride option running directly between the resort and the Magic Kingdom. Location, location, location!!!

We booked a 2 bedroom club level suite. The front desk was very efficient when greeting us, but said we were not being put in main building, but an outside building next to a building that had club the club features. Our kids are a bit older, so walking between building is not a big problem, except when it rained

The 2 bedroom suite was large enough for us, but, much to my surprise it looks the same as it did the first time we visited 18 years ago. The rooms feel very tired, and the decorating could use some serious updating!!! Really serious updating.

As for the "club level" extras, not exactly what expected for the extra cost. Breakfast is busy time, and the waiting around for tables is frustrating. There is no real place for a patron to clear garbage, so there is a bit of waiting around for staff to clean up. The food at breakfast, was the best offering of the day! At other times you could find soda pop or cookies or cans of beer and a few other bottles of alcohol. There were other food offerings like fruit and ???, but often times I felt we were waiting to have things restocked

Another thing I was a bit disappointed by during our stay was not being informed about the changes being made to beach area. Seeing cranes and trucks on the sand was not great, but we spent little time at hotel, as we enjoyed the parks while we were there.

Our family loves Disney and hope to enjoy it for years to come. Grand Floridian seems to have lost some luster and the perks of the club level suites are very questionable. Great location, and that's why we pick to stay there

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Tadr1
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I went for a "milestone" birthday. We booked the castle view room so we paid a bit more. Upon arrival our registration person spoke VERY broken English and was not very proficient in her position. Perhaps she was new. We had several bags and were not assisted at all to our room. After some time wandering around the grounds like pack mules in the 95 degree heat, we discovered it was in the furthest area of the complex.The maps we were given could have been a bit more detailed.

The view from the room was not as clear as the photos take for the web. The trees needed to be topped. The balcony was full of baby recluse spiders so it was difficult to be out there to watch the lagoon parade and night firework show over the castle. Even the people in the room next to us were complaining about their balcony experience. We ordered room service also to celebrate. We had 2 crab cakes, fries a club sandwich and a hamburger for a whopping $65. The burger was cold and over cooked and the club toast was rock hard. The crab cakes were great!

The room itself had many Disney details in the comforter, the drapes and even the furniture. These were fun to try and find.The pillows were very high and we both had neck aches the next day. Maybe that is a way for them to try and get you to use the spa for a message. They also offer for you to buy their bedding products.

The bathroom faucets were pitted, which I never expected to see at Disney and the phone in the bathroom did not work. On our departure, the MOD at the valet area did ask us how our experience was and I said "ok at best". He listened to our disappointments and was kind enough to comp our dinner.

Just as a word of CAUTION. Do not get too close to the lake at night. There are several large gators about. There are signs informing you not to swim do to deep water..... I guess that seems more positive than" watch out for the child/man eating gators".They shouldn't come towards you on land but, just be aware as you wander the grounds at evening and night.

The positives are that the grounds and common areas are amazing. The restaurants are beautiful ( but be prepared to pay). The spa is located slightly away from the hotel and closer to the wedding chapel.The Concierge level is excellent, but you get what you pay for with Disney most of the time. I would stay there again, but for a steeply discounted price.I expected perfection for the price of over $400 a night.

Room Tip: Eat at Narcoosees' at about 7:30 pm- ish so that you can enjoy the Lagoon parade at 8:00.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SingaNickel
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Let's start off with the TERRIBLE...As I was packing up the night before we left, I was emptying our hamper and when I dumped everything out - along with our dirty laundry appeared a small baggie with a small amount of marijuana and a lighter. Really, Disney, really? When my husband brought this to the attention of the hotel management he was asked "and, how do we know it's not yours?" We had 2 small kids in our room hotel management were accusatory rather than conciliatory. The whole ordeal was not handled how we would have expected it to be in Disney World. Having said that the overall hotel okay but not worth the price. Will we go back - NEVER, EVER - And that is a shame because the food at the hotel was really wonderful and for having spent as much time as we did at Magic Kingdom - you really can't beat the location and view of the nightly fireworks. We stayed concierge level - it was okay good for snacking or picking up a beverage. Room service was also good. Nightly entertainment was also lively and entertaining. Dining at Citricos is a MUST (delicious!). The pools are great and there is space for kids to run and play.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LLWK
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Grand Floridian is a beautiful hotel with grade A service. You don't feel like you are in a Disney Hotel until you see the castle in the Magic Kingdom. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the pools are warm and clean and the rooms are spacious. Best of all is the location - you are a quick trip to the Magic Kingdom and not too far from the other parks. We loved this hotel as three adults traveling there and for a special occasion will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank glyndab
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Grand Floridian is AMAZING!!! It is the cleanest place I have ever stayed. The lobby is so warm and inviting. Love, love this place. Walk out to the pool that wraps around the resort and see tons of pretty tropical plants and flowers. My favorite day is just one spent by the pool. The food is great too with tons of selections. Grand Floridian Cafe is one of our favorites, resonable, and the Cobb Salad is to die for. I love the Concerige here, pay a little extra and get the breakfast, snacks and apps at dinner time. Really can't see myself staying anyplace else.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple