We arrived at the Grand Floridian at 5:30 pm only to be told that they did not have any theme park view rooms available (they would have to clean one) but they could upgrade us to the sugar loaf if we were ok with that. I was hesitant but did not want to seem unreasonable so after listening to the spill about the place being better, more expensive (an additional 30.00 a day if we booked it through Disney), how we could eat for free, the kids could have unlimited cookies, and if we didn't like it we could get a theme park view like I PAID FOR the next day I agreed to take it. Upon arriving to our room we went out to the balcony to see our pool view which turned into a brick wall view when seated. I wasn't happy and my two kids were not happy so I went to the concierge in the sugar loaf, another feature they bragged about, and told him I wanted a theme park view. I was told the view was an option. I politely told him it wasn't when I paid for it. We were finally moved to a theme park view room by 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm but no one took the time to apologize for the inconvenience. To make matters worse when I filled out the survey and they contacted management at the Grand Floridian management lied and said it did not happen that way, they offered us the sugar loaf with a brick wall view
instead of the theme park view I paid for in an attempt to make our Disney moment magical and special. Who gives up a paid for theme park view for a brick wall view. As for unlimited
food the plan was to go to the theme park from 10:00 am - 9:30 pm so we would eat in the parks all day and even if we stayed at the hotel buffet style dinning is not an upgrade either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida