4,814 results
All reviewspark faremain buildingmagic kingdomsugar loafgasparilla grillgingerbread houseboca chicamary poppinsclub levelsago caywedding pavilionmad hatterdormer roomcourtyard poollagoon viewdisney worldmonorail stop
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had a balcony room in the main building with a view of the Magic Kingdom Castle and fireworks. They have a great pool. And the monorail stops here frequently.
The service was great. The food at Narcoossee's was also great.
The only negative was that the carpet could have fresher; possibly shampooed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is our second stay at the Grand Floridian. It is a great hotel and you really can't beat the location. We had an amazing room this time on the 4th floor of the Conch Key building with a view of the Magic Kingdom. Something to be said for watching the fireworks from your balcony then putting the young ones straight to bed without having to fight the crowds leaving the park.

We were able to get such a great room because we were using some complimentary nights we received from Disney because of some significant issues with our trip a year ago. Disney did a great job of responding to our issues last year, and instead of defending they listened and provided more then enough compensation between comped hotel rooms and park passes. They really did a great job of making me satisfied customer again.

Overall the hotel is very nice. Although we did have an amazing room, overall I think the rooms are a bit dated. As with most Disney hotel rooms, they aren't top of the line with amenities, but who is hanging out in their rooms while they're at Disney. The pools are nice, but can be crowded depending on the time of year. The food at the restaurants is OK, but nothing too spectacular.

The way that Disney properties differentiate themselves is with the experience. The hotel design and atmosphere are amazing. We've been there during several different seasons, and it's great to see how they decorate and create a holiday ambiance. This year they had a series of these incredible large candy & chocolate eggs on display in the lobby. The whole place seems to adapt with each season. All of the staff are friendly and very helpful. It's hard to describe the atmosphere a resort creates until you are there, but Disney does an incredible job at the Floridian.

The other differentiating factor for the Floridian is obviously it's location. I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes to be on the monorail and the lake. It is so quick to get to and from the Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Although the bus transportation at other properties is good, it does add a lot of time to your day getting to and from the parks. Also, all the views from the property and the amenities such as boat rentals make such a difference.

One thing to note to all the runners out there. I never was able to find a good running route around the hotel. The route the hotel provides is rather short (about 1.5 miles) and confusing as it takes you through the Polynesian Resort (which is not easy to navitgate).

I know it's expensive, but I think the Grand Floridian is worth the price for overall experience and convenience.

Where Disney si

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the Conch Key building have great Magic Kingdom view rooms. Obviously the higher the better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This resort was great - the staff were friendly, the food was great and the location was amazing if you are planning on spending time at The Magic Kingdom. The pool area was huge, with one side offering a kiddie pool and hottub, and the other side a waterside and waterfall. Our only complaint was that there some minor plumbing issues. The cold water tap in the sink took a while to turn on, and the shower water was cold unless it was run for about 5-10 minutes first. When we asked if they could fix the hot water situation we were told to just run the water for a while before we wanted a shower. Not an ideal fix, but I don't think that should detract from the overall quality of this resort.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank AMToronto29
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We arrived at the Grand Floridian at 5:30 pm only to be told that they did not have any theme park view rooms available (they would have to clean one) but they could upgrade us to the sugar loaf if we were ok with that. I was hesitant but did not want to seem unreasonable so after listening to the spill about the place being better, more expensive (an additional 30.00 a day if we booked it through Disney), how we could eat for free, the kids could have unlimited cookies, and if we didn't like it we could get a theme park view like I PAID FOR the next day I agreed to take it. Upon arriving to our room we went out to the balcony to see our pool view which turned into a brick wall view when seated. I wasn't happy and my two kids were not happy so I went to the concierge in the sugar loaf, another feature they bragged about, and told him I wanted a theme park view. I was told the view was an option. I politely told him it wasn't when I paid for it. We were finally moved to a theme park view room by 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm but no one took the time to apologize for the inconvenience. To make matters worse when I filled out the survey and they contacted management at the Grand Floridian management lied and said it did not happen that way, they offered us the sugar loaf with a brick wall view
instead of the theme park view I paid for in an attempt to make our Disney moment magical and special. Who gives up a paid for theme park view for a brick wall view. As for unlimited
food the plan was to go to the theme park from 10:00 am - 9:30 pm so we would eat in the parks all day and even if we stayed at the hotel buffet style dinning is not an upgrade either.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank nicurnmeg
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family stayed at the Grand Floridian for 2 night at the end of March

We were traveling with our children ages 9, 16 and 20. We have stayed at the grand Floridian at least 10 times in the past 18 years with friends and family. Our "go to spot" has always been the G/F. The location is the absolute best, one stop from Magic Kingdom via the tram, or there is a boat ride option running directly between the resort and the Magic Kingdom. Location, location, location!!!

We booked a 2 bedroom club level suite. The front desk was very efficient when greeting us, but said we were not being put in main building, but an outside building next to a building that had club the club features. Our kids are a bit older, so walking between building is not a big problem, except when it rained

The 2 bedroom suite was large enough for us, but, much to my surprise it looks the same as it did the first time we visited 18 years ago. The rooms feel very tired, and the decorating could use some serious updating!!! Really serious updating.

As for the "club level" extras, not exactly what expected for the extra cost. Breakfast is busy time, and the waiting around for tables is frustrating. There is no real place for a patron to clear garbage, so there is a bit of waiting around for staff to clean up. The food at breakfast, was the best offering of the day! At other times you could find soda pop or cookies or cans of beer and a few other bottles of alcohol. There were other food offerings like fruit and ???, but often times I felt we were waiting to have things restocked

Another thing I was a bit disappointed by during our stay was not being informed about the changes being made to beach area. Seeing cranes and trucks on the sand was not great, but we spent little time at hotel, as we enjoyed the parks while we were there.

Our family loves Disney and hope to enjoy it for years to come. Grand Floridian seems to have lost some luster and the perks of the club level suites are very questionable. Great location, and that's why we pick to stay there

• Stayed: March 2012