I went to this place on april 2012 for my sisters birthday. We are a family of 5 with my parents, me (25) my sister (21) and the birthday girl, who turned 11. The staff is friendly all the time and they will do almost about everything to make the most of your stay. When we got to the front desk they gave us all I'm celebrating buttons and a birthday button for my sister. When we asked for an upgrade they checked and gave it to me for free!! I had lake view at no extra cost. They gave us a resort map and took us to our room in a very nice cart. There are hidden mickeys and disney characters everywhere and you get a lot of fun looking for them.
Once at our room (we chose to stay all together like the old times) we got two queen beds and a duvet, so we were all comfortable. And a little balcony too. For my surprise, there was NO minibar, just a fridge. I had no idea that they emptied every mini room at disneys resorts. I love getting in the room and taking an ice cold beer, didn't happened. But the room itself was pretty and the turndown service was great too.
There are two pools, one of them works 24 hours, which is great to swim after doing the parks.
There are specialty shops and restaurants, which you have to book really in advance. You get all disney transportation buses, monorail and boat to go everywhere disney. We ate at the 1900 cafe and it was pretty decent, but not a top breakfast. You get disney characters to take pictures and stuff, which is really funny.
I don't have much of a complaint but I like more movement and people seeing, so I preferred the contemporary resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida