I'm between a 3-4. It's much nicer than an average hotel and I would consider it very nice but everything's relative, right?! For the prices you would have to pay here, I would expect just a little step up. Luckily I had the pleasure of a free trip here through a conference and we really did have a wonderful time. It was an awesome trip.
- Beautiful setting
- Conference meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) were catered by the hotel and were elegant and delicious.
- All of the staff I had talked to were friendly and helpful.
-The pools looked inviting, water temperature was comfortable. There are plenty of lounging chairs and towels and there is a small pool bar at the main pool.
-NIce to have a gym on site. It's small but has what you need for a great workout away from home.
-Plenty of towels in room right away
-Daily maid and turn down service
-We had a room overlooking the water with a balcony, nice breeze
- Monorail on site
- There is a marina where you can catch the fireworks every night
-There is some construction going on and you do hear the trucks rather early.
-I was surprised there was nothing in the fridge. At minimum, I would expect water. The tap water doesn't taste good. We talked about going to refill our water bottles in the gym cooler but that was inconvenient. The bar charges 3.50 for a water. It's hot in Florida, bottled water should be a little more accessible.
- I did not like the pillows, they are too 'fat' or 'big' many in our group complained of this and felt a kink in their neck the next morning. I personally like a flat pillow and having this issue often, I brought mine, so I was happy. But most higher end hotels do have a choice of pillows, materials, or styles.
- Rooms are dated, a little run down.. but definitely clean.
Bottom line is we had a really nice time, as I said, I had a free trip here and personally would not pay the prices... I just did a quick search, $515/night? Yikes. It's Disney!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida