We have just returned from our second amazing trip to Disneyworld and stayed at PO-FQ. This is a fantastic resort that is almost perfect. As soon as we arrived we felt totally relaxed, even after a nine and a half hour flight!! The staff are lovely, and can't do enough to help you, we even had a message on our room phone welcoming us!! During the second week of our stay our 5 year old son lost his autograph book that he'd worked hard on filling up and was devasteted. I told the concierge when we got back from the partk in the hope that it had been found, however it had't. The next day when we got back to our room, there was a replacement autograph book, full of character signatures, our son was thrilled, thinking that it was his book and still does not know to this day that this is a replacement!! They had even put his name in the front of it.
The rooms are spotless, and kept that way throughout by Mousekeeping, who often leave the children little suprises!! Beds are amazing, we looked at purchasing one when we arrived home, perfect after a long day in the parks. One minor negative could be that there should be DVD players in the room, for those nights you arrive back a little early and would like to relax? Maybe you could hire DVD's to watch during your stay? As there were not any we took advantage of the open air cinema on two occasions, this was a lovely way to wind down at night, the kids loved making their own popcorn in the food hall. Food in the food hall was excellent, everything is cooked fresh and in front of you and there is lots to choose from, we often ate at the Riverside food hall for a change of scenery, and enjoyed the walk along the river to get there.
Transportation to the parks was good, and again the drivers were very friendly. When coming home you can catch the French Quarter or Riverside coach if you are prepared for a short 10 minute walk along the river to your room and the boat to Downtown Disney was a lovely change at night. If you are looking for a lovely, quiet, immaculatly presented base to stay during your disneyworld holiday then PO-FQ is deffinately the resort to stay in. We stayed at Riverside last year and found this resort a lot busier, with more people using the trasportation system, therefore there were waits sometimes for coaches. The rooms are also spread out quite a lot and involve a lot of walking to and from reception and the food hall. this is a beautiful resort and we will deffinately be back in the future, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else on Disney!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida