My family stayed at the Coronado Springs new business level. As many people have noted here, the major disadvantage to Coronado Springs is the long walk you must take from some of the buildings to the restaurants, etc. This time we decided to pay for a preferred room which is closer. Disney was running a 30% off sale and the preferred rooms at Coronado Springs were not offered in this sale, but for just a little more money, we could get a business class room instead.
All business class rooms are in Cabana 9B which is a perfect location. It is close to the transportation, restaurants, and not too far from the main pool. Our room had corner windows which had views of the lake and of the pond in back. My husband had some work to do, so the desk arrangement was perfect for him.
The best part of business level is Coconino Cove, the lounge area that is included with business class. The breakfast was lovely. It included muffins or pastries, bagels, beautiful fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, orange juice, milk, coffee, and cappuccino. Everything was served on real plates, glasses, and mugs. The staff was very friendly and would do anything for you. They did get a little overwhelmed at 9:00, but they seemed to recover quickly. Breakfast was served from 7:00 to 10:00 am.
From 5:00 to 10:00 pm, Coconino Cove was open for snacks. Free beer, wine, and red and white sangria were offered along with pop and water. Also, cheese, veggies, crackers, chips, dips, and salsa were offered. You could not make a meal of this, but it was great to have a snack before going out for the evening.
I did not take any pictures, but here is a link from someone who took great photos:
We have stayed at Coronado Springs several times over the years. We like it because the resort is calm and peaceful. After a day at Disney, it is nice to not see Mickey too much at night. Although, when my kids were younger they loved the pool and the play area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Orlando, Florida