“Coronado Springs Business Class”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #174 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My family stayed at the Coronado Springs new business level. As many people have noted here, the major disadvantage to Coronado Springs is the long walk you must take from some of the buildings to the restaurants, etc. This time we decided to pay for a preferred room which is closer. Disney was running a 30% off sale and the preferred rooms at Coronado Springs were not offered in this sale, but for just a little more money, we could get a business class room instead.

All business class rooms are in Cabana 9B which is a perfect location. It is close to the transportation, restaurants, and not too far from the main pool. Our room had corner windows which had views of the lake and of the pond in back. My husband had some work to do, so the desk arrangement was perfect for him.

The best part of business level is Coconino Cove, the lounge area that is included with business class. The breakfast was lovely. It included muffins or pastries, bagels, beautiful fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, orange juice, milk, coffee, and cappuccino. Everything was served on real plates, glasses, and mugs. The staff was very friendly and would do anything for you. They did get a little overwhelmed at 9:00, but they seemed to recover quickly. Breakfast was served from 7:00 to 10:00 am.

From 5:00 to 10:00 pm, Coconino Cove was open for snacks. Free beer, wine, and red and white sangria were offered along with pop and water. Also, cheese, veggies, crackers, chips, dips, and salsa were offered. You could not make a meal of this, but it was great to have a snack before going out for the evening.

I did not take any pictures, but here is a link from someone who took great photos:

We have stayed at Coronado Springs several times over the years. We like it because the resort is calm and peaceful. After a day at Disney, it is nice to not see Mickey too much at night. Although, when my kids were younger they loved the pool and the play area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
31  Thank Louise_1980

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Designed to evoke the architecture of the American Southwest, Walt Disney’s room Coronado Springs Resort sits around a placid 15-acre lake; it consists of El Centro, the main building, and its massive convention center and three distinct accommodation areas: casitas, cabanas and ranchos, each of which recreate different aspects of Colonial Mexico, Spain and the Southwest. Across the lake is a pool area, which resembles a Mayan dig (the “Dig Site”).

While on site, guests can also enjoy five pools, a fitness center, white sand beach, a lakeside bar and several restaurants, including the cafeteria-style Pepper Market with a wide array of food, drinks and bakery goods. (Try the massive breakfast burrito.)

But wait … there’s more: Coronado Springs also offers guests complimentary bus transportation on the Disney Magical Express that runs between Disney World and the Orlando International Airport – upon returning home, you can check your bags at the hotel. While in the grand lobby, look around and try to spot Mickey Mouse, who is hidden somewhere.

You will surely enjoy Coronado Springs. Why? Because they like you!

Room Tip: Choose Casitas to be closest to the Main Building
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NeedPivo
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The Coronado was a nice Disney hotel/resort. The grounds are beautiful with running trails around their small lake area. They have security and there are constant shuttles to the parks which makes everything very convienent. I stayed here for the Disney Princess half marathon and the expo was right there at their convention center. The rooms are modern however, they look like renovated motel rooms inside so it might not be what you are expecting (shower/toilet in a small room and sink outside in main room w/ a divider). I would recommend this hotel/resort to anyone staying at Disney.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hoov90
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was worried after reading a few reviews prior to my trip, but I can say that Coronado Springs is a really nice resort. Rooms are clean, grounds are very well kept. The resort is Huge, so if you like walking / jogging it is perfect. If you want to be somewhere between Restos / main pool, I'd suggest buildings 6, 7, 8 and 9's. But no matter where you are, you will have to walk some or hitch a ride on the mini bus' that drive around.
The only complaint I would have to say, is not enough Veggies at the restos. I found the food good, but after a week, I was really craving fresh vegetables.

Staff : Awesome.. Every one of them. A+++
Clean: Can't complain. Excellent!!!
Food: Very good. You have to try the Maya Grill! (Keep in mind, it's mexican themed.. so expect Mexican food)

Room Tip: Building 6-7-8-9
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Supradupafast
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed at Coronado from Friday to Wednesday recently, and on the whole, it was a very nice resort. I hadn't stayed here before, and was looking forward to trying it out. We booked a preferred location room and were assigned to the Casitas 3 building on the second floor...very close to the main lobby and food areas...which was mainly why we booked preferred. This is a very large resort. If you don't book a preferred location, you'll likely be very far from the lobby and restraunts. Our room was nice...King bed, small desk with chair, dresser, mini-fridge and bathroom that included sliding doors to block the vanity area from the rest of the room. Everything seemed very clean and comfy. I have no complaints at all with the room. The two things that will keep me from booking here again are the bus stop situation and the food situation. There are only 4 stops at this VERY LARGE resort. 3 stops, one at each resort guest area (casitas, cabanas and ranchos), and then one stop at the main building where the lobby and food is. The main building stop is LAST on the circuit, which creates a huge problem in the mornings trying to get to a park. Everyone that finishes breakfast uses this stop to then get to the parks for the day. Unfortunately, since it's last, many of the busses fill up at the other 3 stops before they can get to the last stop to pick you up. We waited one day for 45 minutes for a bus to the Magic Kingdom...we were told by a cast member there logging the bus arrivals that 2 busses had filled completely before they got to our stop so that's why they weren't coming around. He couldn't tell us when another would come and if it would be full or not before it got to us. I'm not sure why when that happens, they can't call for an empty bus straight to that stop. It's ridiculous that people are left waiting there for that long. We couldn't wait any longer as we were trying to get to a breakfast reservation, so we ended up having to pay for a taxi. While we didn't have to wait quite that long at any other time during our stay, I will say our wait times seemed longer than they normally do at other resorts. The other problem was food. There is one table service restraunt here...we did not try that one. Then there is a quick service that has a VERY limited menu. We grabbed a few things here a couple of times, and they were ok, but the limited menu was disappointing. The other place to eat, the Pepper Market, was sort of a hybrid between table and quick service...and I didn't particularly like it. You were seated here by a host (there are no reservations accepted here), a waiter takes your drink order and then you are instructed to take a card to the food prep stations near the entrance of the restraunt and select what you'd like to eat. There are a limited number of stations with food available...I wasn't impressed with the selection. At the stations, you order your food from the chef, they stamp your card, and begin to prepare your dish. You must stand there to wait for your food...it is NOT delivered to your table. On the 3 ocassions I ate here, it took a really long time for the food to be prepared and I just didn't like the system as a whole. The food was ok, nothing to write home about. Once you are finished with your meal, the waiter takes all of the cards at the table and will come back with your bill. I really just didn't care for this system or the food all that much and it is probably the #1 reason why I wouldn't book here again. For a moderate resort, the Caribbean Beach is my #1 pick...their quick service food court is fantastic...TONS of variety and options there. At Coronado, there is also a bar/lounge called the Rix. We tried to get a drink here one evening and a small bite to eat (they have a menu for appetizer sized plates), but unfortunately we were never acknowledged. We sat at a table for quite a while and were completely ignored, so we just decided to leave, and we didn't return during our stay. There is also an outdoor bar next to the lagoon...unfortunately the night we wanted to have a drink here it was closed, despite the large sign placed in the lobby saying it was open until 11pm and had an arrow pointing the way...it was only about 8:30 pm at the time.

All-in-all, I didn't have a bad experience here, I've just had consistently better at other Disney resorts, so I'll most likely book elsewhere next time because of that. One positive, this resort seems to be pretty centrally located though...once we were on busses, it was never a very long drive to get to any of the parks, like it sometimes can be from other properties. Note that this resort also has a very large convention center so there is usually always some event going on here as well.

Room Tip: book preferred location
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cripey
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and i have both times a good experience. The first time was with my husband and my three girls. We haved a junior suite ans it was very good. Last weekend, i was alone because of the half marathon. Rooms are clean and quiet. My room was in the casistas and near the bus station. Room have fridge. Bed is not very comfortable but ok. Pepper Market is a great place to eat because you have a lot of choices. Pasta, pizza, salads, burger, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I was a bit worried after staying at a deluxe resort last year but i must say this moderate resort exceeded my expectations. Rooms were clean and nice. Restaurants had good food. All the amenities were that of a deluxe resort at moderate resort price. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013