“Great family holiday”

Ranked #192 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We were at Lake Eve in July 2011 2adults 3 kids excellent suite, all comforts of home all staff very friendly nice bar, pool was great for kids. Lake eve is on bottom of I Drive so quiet but with I trolley stops at lake eve is handy to all attractions, there is a handy Publix department store just 2 stops south on I trolley so we were able to do 2 weeks in Orlando Florida on I drive without the hassle of car rental. So no worries about drink driving or getting lost we had a ball. Would definitely go back to Lake Eve.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank IGordon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Recently stayed at Lake Eve Resort with son and family for Twirlmania. Granddaughter is a twirler and we always love to go up to see her in the competition. We usually stayed inside Disney and of course that's great but this was a very pleasant experience. We had a lovely 3 bedroom unit which was spacious and had all the necessary amenities. Kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, etc and had a dishwasher which was fantastic. We had a washer and dryer and two large bathrooms. The master bath has a whirlpool tub and a large shower. Lake Eve is conveniently located near Disney, Universal and Sea World as well as many restaurants. There's a small restaurant in the complex and we came in late one night and wanted a snack so we were able to order a pizza and have it delivered up to our unit even though it was almost 11 o'clock. We didn't have the occasion to eat there any other time but the menu looked great. We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked very nice. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone looking for apartment type accommodations instead of just a room.

2 Thank junenewsome
Brazil
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Its a family hotel, very new , large apartment, very complete, balcony with views to the pool and lake. Great location, two minutes from the Premium Outlet, Wallgreens and Publix. Very close to Sea World and in the middle of the road to the Disney parks and Universal.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank luciaklem
Goiania, GO
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed in the lake Eve resort with my brother and my parents for 3 days, from January 3rd to Januart 6th of 2012!
I didnt really searched things about it before i got there so it surprised me a lot! The rooms are really nice and clean, and really BIG! My parents stayed in the master bedroom, and they really liked the queen bed and the jacuzzi in the bathroom!
My brother and mine bedroom were really big too!
We had the lake view, and it was really pretty!

The two "problems" we had were:
-The hotel staff, that is not that professional, they do not treat the guests well and u kinda have to beg for attention! But my family and i didnt really needed them, so it was fine.
-The extra taxes that they charge for each day(it was $7,50+taxes each day), they charge it and dont tell you, that way u just find out on the credit card! I knew it before we left so i asked them what are these extra taxes were for. So they said it was resort fees for the use of the wireless internet(that is really slow), for the use of the jacuzzi(seriously) and for the use of other amenities like that! IN SHORT, IT IS A WAY THEY FOUND TO GET MORE MONEY!

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views and arent noisy so it doesnt really matter!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Humbertompereira
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Last month (feb 2012) we stayed with family (4 adults, 2 children) at this spacious hotel with very large apartments fully equiped - full kitchen, jacuzzi, laudry machine inside apartment, iron, etc. All you need when travelling with children. We got the 2 bedroom apart - one with a king bed and huge bathroom, and other with two queen beds and another bathroom. Very clean, staff nice, nice swimming pool and hottub and convenient ATM and ticket desk for main Orlando attractions. Sooo close to Premium Vineland, Outback, Walgreens and Publix. Would definitely stay there again and again.

3 Thank Michelot
kildare
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Great for larger families, great service by staff and overall a pleasant stay. Would need a car as quite a distance away from shops for groceries. we had a lovely stay here, pool was never over crowded and kids enjoyed the extra space and tvs in each room.

2 Thank caraq90
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked this resort back in August for our trip that we just returned from. I was so excited for our nights at Lake Eve.....but we were kind of disappointed when we arrived. The front desk people seemed kinda clueless, and when they got our room - we went up to discover it was a handicap room. Not a huge deal, but they didn't even bother to mention it to us or ask if we were okay with that......as I said, I booked this like 8 months ago and I had been looking at pictures since then, so it was sad to arrive and get a room that was very different from all the pictures....totally different layout, VERY low counters in the kitchen, no drawers....it was just something I wish they would have asked us before just sending a young married couple who is quite obviously not handicapped into that room.

The room was still pretty nice - although the dishwasher seemed to just be sitting under the counter without being properly installed. Everytime we went to open it, it practically fell out! Didn't seem safe. Our bathroom was also altered for someone in a wheelchair, which kind of took any of the romance out of it....having a handicap seat thingy right smack in the open of the master bath. Like i said, not horrible - but just not what we were expecting and we were not warned.

As we went to check out, I mentioned that it would have been nice if they told us about the handicap room - the girl looked at me like I was an alien and said nothing. Not "sorry" or even "Thank you for staying". So that was a less than pleasant way to end our stay at Lake Eve.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple