I just stayed at the All Star Music Resort again and feel very strongly that Disney offers a very competitive product when compared to the outside resorts. I will write this review from that point of view. Several reviewers feel that the Disney Value resorts are not competitive. Well as in all things that can be debated.
1) The rooms was 250 square feet with two twin beds, a small bathroom that can be cordoned off by a curtain. The room was freshly painted and absolutely immaculate. It had a flat screen TV which had several Disney channels to keep you updated on all events in the kingdom. You do NOT get these updates staying off-property
2) If you purchased your vacation through Disney or your travel agent you got 30% off AND a dining plan. This plan included two quick service meals and two snacks per guest per day. We ate a majority of our meals at the food court. I had salmon, roast turkey, baked chicken, hamburgers etc. In short, the meals were well worth it. How about this? Dessert included a three scoop sundae with your choice of topping. Which budget hotel includes these meals as part of the package AND allows you to get these meals IN the parks.
3) Every day that you go to the Disney Hotels there is a staffed entry where someone checks your pass or you use your card key to operate the gate. Once again, which one of the budget hotels has this kind of security on the outside. NOBODY.
4) Disney provides shuttle buses from the hotel to all the theme parks and downtown Disney. Now you may get a shuttle bus from an outside hotel to Disney Property, BUT it does not take you to all the hotels, waterparks and the parks themselves
5) As part of the Dining Plans you get a FREE refillable mug for as many drinks as you want during your stay. Once again, which outside budget hotels offer you this service. NONE
6) Disney does comprehensive training and supervision of all the staff that it hires. Again, are you sure about the training programs that are offered outside the park?
7) I continue to read in reviews that people have found fault with rooms at Disney. The unfortunate part of this is that they do not tell anyone while they are staying there. If you have an issue, go to the front desk and ask someone to address it. Be polite, but firm and tell the cast member what you feel you should receive as compensation or service. In most cases, you will walk away satisfied.
8) Find a guidebook and PLAN your time BEFORE arriving at Disney. It is a huge place and you need a plan
9) The value hotels are just that, they are there to save you money. It is not fair to compare them to the moderates or deluxe hotels. I found that the Music more than safisfied me.
10) The All-Star Music was clean, safe and a great place to stay. Please consider all aspects of staying on Disney property when comparing the hotels with outside hotels. If you do your homework you will find the better value is on property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world's most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock 'n' roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort Orlando, Florida