“Busy Holiday!!!”

Ranked #135 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Summerland
“Busy Holiday!!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed in a family suite at the All-Star Music Resort and it worked well. The suite was small -- I understand it's made up of two of the regular rooms, so I can only imagine how small they must be! My wife and I had a bedroom and each of our three children had their own pull out bed in the other part of the suite. There were two washrooms and a small kitchenette as well. We found we spent very little time at the hotel, spending most of our days at the parks and only coming back late at night. That said, the one day we did come back early, we really enjoyed our time at the pool. The food at the restaurant was also pretty good (on the four occasions that we ate there).

Room Tip: We stayed in a family suite in the Calypso building, close to the main building. Because we spent s...
4 Thank VoxPop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This place was super clean! It is your basic room but everything was spotless! Even the concrete paint on the stairs was not scratched up. It is not the newest resort but it is clean, decent and comfortable. We will definately stay there again on another budget-friendly visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the guitar shaped pool and you will be close to the main center!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FiveYearTripper
Marlboro, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2012

When I spoke with my travel agent (liberty travel in newburgh NY), I specified that I was in need of a " calgone take me away" vacation at disney world. The only thing I wanted to be responsible for was getting my family to the local airport to start our vacation. I did not want to deal with details. After arriving at the airport in Orlando, I was wisked away in a comfortable motor coach (provided by the hotel) to the hotel. The staff at the counter was helpful and courteous. They took the time to explain what they had to offer, answer any questions and instill in my head that this would be an all INCLUSIVE experience. I was definetly NOT disappointed.

All of the comforts of home were there for me and my family. The staff at the front desk welcomed my calls to them with a "smile through the phone" approach. All of my requests were filled, felt like immediately. I had some questions regarding the procedures of transportation as well as checkout. As per usual the staff at the hotel took their time and did their very best to ensure that my questions were answered completely.

The transportation to the parks and attractions from the hotel were second to none. Every bus, bus stop and signage were clearly marked to ensure we got on the right bus and to ensure that our vacation was "run around" free. I give a LOT of kudos to the men and women who drive the motor coaches. They are not only courteous but very professional.

Some friendly advice, book your stay with the quick service dining package when available. This service provided us with much more food than I was expecting. Yes you will pay a little more up front but TRUST ME it is worth it. No more trying to figure out where to eat, how to get there and how much of your budget will be eaten up. With quick service meals you will get quite enough food without the hassle of keeping track of your meals. Each receipt shows how many meals you have left. Finding a place who take quick serve meals is not an issue. All of the parks take them. The easy to read maps of the parks lets you know who take this service.

If you are looking for an all inclusive disney vacation, look no further than the "All Star Music" resort in Orlando Florida. If the All Star Movie and All Star Sport resorts are as pleasant as the All Star Music resort, that part of florida is definetly an All Star accomodation to be revisted as many times as you can.

Room Tip: The preferred rooms are closer to the cafeteria and the shuttle coaches. If you are like me, it wil...
4 Thank Craig W
Atlanta
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I was impressed with the cleanliness. My children loved the colorful environment and Disney theme of everything. Of course, this hotel is aimed at families so it can be loud at some times but, it was bothersome. I lucked up and got rates of $79/night with expedia.com. I would definitely return. FYI: Meal plans are pricey.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the main building. We were far away and had to walk very far to eat in t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AtlantaBeachBunny
ontario
Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

I really don't understand why people complain about this resort. Stayed their for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is just fine. Why spend a lot if you plan on spending most of your days at the parks. The staff are pleasant and very helpful. There is a restaurant on site for quick service meals and the food is good. I do recommend the dining plan and to reserve for dinner time.

Stayed March 2012
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was the third time our family has stayed at this resort. However the value of this Disney "value" hotel has slowly gone down. The first time was pretty nice. Clean room, good service. However this time there were some problems:

- The garbage was emptied once during our five night stay
- It took 45 minutes for extra toilet paper to be brought up to our room
- Our rooms keys had to be corrected twice
- There were no towels available at the pool. They had to be requested from concierge.
- The Grand Floridian's bathroom smelled better than our room
- The room was dirty and unkempt
- The bathtub dripped our entire stay
- Mattresses were very uncomfortable
- Lots of kids = lots of noise
- A Dorito chip remained on the floor for the full five days. It was not from us.

Overall, not impressed. We have stayed at Port Orleans for fifty dollars more per night and had an experience that was fifty times better. Definitely not my first choice for a return trip to Disney World.

Room Tip: Higher floors are recommended Get a room away from the pools If possible, get a suite. Regular roo...
4 Thank Anthony R
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We visited in February mostly due to discounted rates at the other hotel we stayed at during this trip (Universal Hard Rock), but the prices at Disney's Value-resorts are great year round. The room was VERY clean, as were all of the common areas. Bathroom was typical of this type of hotel. The vanity area was small, too small for more than one person to get ready at a time. TV channels could be better, but we didn't spend much time watching TV so no big deal. Pool was nice, and I was happy to see there was more than one considering the sheer size of this resort (10 different buildings with rooms so it' basically like 10 small hotels grouped together. Check-in process was very smooth and cast members were very polite and helpful. Dining options were decent in the food court with enough variety for everyone in our group. It was also nice to have pizza delivery option, although we were close enough to the food court to just pick it up ourselves. Transportation options included buses to the park, but we just drove ourselves. Your parking pass for the hotel doubles as a pass for the parks, so you save the usual $15 it costs to park. I was not happy with the wall safe. They had actual keys versus electronic locks. That's one more key to carry around and possibly lose. My biggest complaint was that there was no coffee maker in the room, probably for the same reason there was poor channel selection...it's Disney and everything is "family-oriented". All in all, excellent value for a Disney Resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to the food court. You end up going to that building a lot and it will save y...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ILUVTRAVELCHANNEL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
7.4 km away
2.8 km away
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
4.0 km away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!