9,552 results
All reviews alligator bayou french quarter royal room magnolia bend food court main pool oak manor downtown disney trundle bed the bus magnolia terrace south depot acadian house main building quiet pool sassagoula river disney world
Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

I have heard great things about this resort from friends (we've stayed at All Star, Animal Kingdom, Swan and Dolphin) and we had a 1st floor room in the Oak building for a 6 night extended family vacation this past week taking advantage of the free dining promotion. It was larger, more crowded, and more spread out than I expected. We took advantage of online check in which made it nice just to pick up the packet and use the magic band to enter the room and our room was ready by noon. Dining hall was very crowded at peak breakfast time. Buses were often crowded in the morning and evening going to and from the park and there were 3 stops in Riverside and sometimes stopped at French Quarter. The feature pool was far from our room although we had a plain pool closely. The walking paths were nice and the resort is very pretty. Take advantage of the boat to travel to Disney Springs area. We were disappointed that towels were not folded into animals or Disney characters. Others have out this so I don't know if they've recently stopped this but they should do it. It doesn't cost Disney anything and seems to be important to people. We missed it. Overall a good value with the free dining and definitely an upgrade from All star resorts. The themed Royal room with fireworks over the bed was fun.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed October 1, 2015

This was our fourth visit to Port Orleans - Riverside, and was probably our best so far. We had a pool view room in Magnolia Terrace and it was lovely. The walk was very short to the main building. The room was super-clean. It was the first time I didn't love the breakfast at Riverside Mill - the French toast was quite cold, and there were no strawberries as per other trips. Otherwise, Riverside continues to be our favourite resort onsite.

Room Tip: Magnolia Terrace is a great option for any view to be close to buildings, pools and transportation.
3  Thank Travl_nMom_10
Reviewed September 30, 2015

We visited in August for a 16 night stay (an extra couple of nights to make up for the long journey - made a big difference) as a family of four. I did a stupid amount of research to find the right hotel as the holiday was a once in a lifetime event. I loved the sound of this resort, and the place has such a huge fan base, that i thought there must be a reason for that (portorleans.org is a fab resource for planning). We paid only an extra £30 for a private transfer from the airport, that was soooo worth it! No waiting ages for a bus, and spending ages on it (we saw it arrive about 45 minutes after we got there). We felt like VIP's in our huge black leather Sedan!
I have to admit that i was nervous about the resort. There is lots of reviews of huge amounts of walking to get back to rooms, and overcrowded buses, and queues for food. However the minute we stepped out of the car and were welcomed by the doorman I loved the place! We then pulled our suitcases into the foyer and I loved the place even more! We then walked outside into the sunshine towards our room and I fell in love with it even more! :) The photos really don't do the place justice. It is very pretty, and during our stay i kept finding myself taking photos on our way to breakfast! Yes it is a big site, but it so relaxing and peaceful, you really dont notice how far you are walking, and nowhere is more than 10 minutes from the restaurant and main pool. We also walked along the river to French Quarter which only took just over 10 minutes.
We couldnt work out why people had complained about queues in the restaurant and overcrowded buses, as we never had too long a wait for a bus (we didnt want the hassle of a hire car) for the parks, and the restaurant was a nice quiet pleasant atmosphere. However the pennie dropped when, towards the end of our stay we weren't out of the room so early, and wow, it was so different! The restaurant was thronging with overtired and sometimes impatient people (presumably cos they were up late and wanted to rush to the parks), and the buses were standing room only, as long as you got to the front of the queue at the bus stop, or you would have to wait for the next bus (which came pretty quickly to be fair). We couldn't believe the difference an hour made to the atmosphere at this two locations, and it explained to us very clearly how there can such different experiences posted by reviewers!
I know not everyone can be early risers, but it really does make a difference if you can. We knew it would make a big difference at the parks, but it was a surprise how much difference it made at the hotel too!
We got a taxi for our trips to Universal, and the hotel made it so easy. We would 'roll' up to the front door after our huge yummy breakfasts, and one of the many staff would hail an almost instant taxi!
It really felt like we were staying in a luxury resort (when not up to get breakfast late), and the boat to Downtown Disney was a added bonus. The staff were lovely, nothing was too much trouble.
I love what big hearts the Disney staff have, and they often made our sons feel quite special, presenting them with stickers or engaging in friendly conversations.
I'm so pleased that all the research paid off! We had a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are lovely as they have two large windows so they feel bigger. We overlooked a carpark but it didnt really matter.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
15  Thank karen s
Reviewed September 29, 2015

We were in building 38 and had a first floor room. We were within short walking distance of the island that the main resort pool and playground are on. The kids loved the pool and every day there were employees leading kids games. The food court had plenty of choices and there was plenty of seating. We enjoyed the outdoor movies and the water taxi ride to Downtown Disney. I did online check in so it was quick and seamless. Every cast member was courteous, we were always pleasantly greeted and they tripped over themselves to wish my kids happy birthday on their special day.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking ask for a building on the outer ring instead of the ones closer to the island.
1  Thank michellengary
Reviewed September 29, 2015

The rooms are old fashion, needs up-date badly went down for breakfast
to find only court style eating place, no sit down place to eat, very disappointed,
especially since I was paying $174.50 per night for two people
T

I will never stay here again nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone

1  Thank Bjnor