9,495 results
All reviews alligator bayou french quarter royal room magnolia bend food court main pool oak manor downtown disney trundle bed the bus magnolia terrace south depot acadian house main building quiet pool disney world sassagoula river
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The resort itself is attractive, and it has a very private vibe to all room locations as the tree cover and greenery separate a lot of the surrounding buildings and pathways. The housekeeping in the resort is, hands down, the worst we’ve ever experienced at Disney. We went days without receiving basics like soap, toilet paper or coffee, even after opting to continue receiving housekeeping instead of forgoing it to receive a $10 a gift card. The glasses were not clean, there were piles of prior guests’ hair in multiple areas, and there was a popcorn kernel that made it the entire week, even after letting the front desk know about it. The front desk was very receptive and without a doubt made calls and passed the information along. The front desk, bell services and gift shop cast members were great. Smoking around the resort is rampant, and although there are specific smoking areas, the main pool has a very relaxed approach to it as made obvious by loud and public statements of the bartender(Kathy) being a smoker herself. The porch area(with chairs, benches and small tables) is apparently free game. So if you’re sitting no where near an ashtray equipped trash can as is in the designated smoking areas, if someone decides to sit within a couple feet of you and decides to light up, don’t expect the staff to act. The final day before leaving, we were woke by the housekeeping woman walking in to our room at 8AM, when I told her we were checking out that day, she promptly yelled at me for not putting a sign on the door(I wasn’t aware they came in the room so early in the morning), then she ran away. We had been without toilet paper for 2.5 days at this point, but she didn’t seem to either hear me or understand my request for supplies. Ultimately, if the smoking areas were better defined so you could avoid getting comfortable without finding yourself having smoke blown in your face by anyone who decides to light up and tell you it’s a free country, and if the housekeeping staff were to rise to the level of service the administration staff performs at, then the resort might be worth another chance. In the mean time, I’d suggest any other resort on property first.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Aaron W
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside. This elegant property is charming by nature and wonderfully inviting. It appears many of the Cast Members you interacted with went above and beyond your expectations to provide exceptional Guest service. However, I apologize for the setbacks regarding Housekeeping. Despite your best efforts to notify the Front Desk, it appears these challenges were not resolved, and I completely understand your frustration. Our Guests should be presented with clean, inviting accommodations, and I’m truly sorry this was not your experience.

Additionally, I’m sorry to hear of the disruption on your final day and the overall disappointment with housekeeping service. We want to ensure our Cast Members are always taking care of and anticipating our Guests needs, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

As you begin planning your next visit, I encourage you to explore many of the options Walt Disney World Resort has to offer. Each property provides a unique experience and caters to a different family need.

We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Ryan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a nice room in the Magnolia Bend section. The kids (8 & 12) loved the main pool and slide. There are also 5 other quiet pools. There was a quiet pool in the building next to ours that was perfectly not crowded and had laundry room attached where I was able to do laundry and keep an eye on kids at the same time. We also did the surry bikes which was a lot of fun! We also did a selfie scavenger hunt while waiting for our room at check in. This was fun! Kids got a $5 arcade gift card upon completion. The food court was good too. Great property for moderate resort level!

Room Tip: ask to be near main building
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank luvnabby

Thank you for sharing your experience at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside. This is certainly one of my favorite properties at Walt Disney World Resort. Its casual charm and relaxing atmosphere make this a one-of-a-kind experience. I am glad you had such a wonderful time enjoying the great amenities this property has to offer. I love the sound of the water slide, a relaxing ride on the Surrey Bikes, and even a fun scavenger hunt!

It appears this Resort was a wonderful fit for your family. Next time you visit, be sure to take a stroll to Port Orleans - French Quarter. If you were jazzed up about the meal options at Riverside, I'm sure you'll enjoy the French Quarter offerings. Don't forget to ask about beignets!

We look forward to seeing you down by the bayou again soon.

Ryan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here recently for the 1st and probably the only time.. it's just ok..I expected better for the price we paid...
Pros..from the outside it looks good.. nice theme.. the bars river roost and muddy rivers are great ..the staff are nice and friendly..the boat to Disney springs is great as are the shuttle buses to the parks(coming back from the parks they are hit and miss).
Cons- this place is vast if like us you are unlucky to be housed in a lodge at the wrong end of the complex be prepared for a long walk to the main buildings ie the restaurants, bars and lobby..this is not good if like me you have mobility issues..
Check in..it's slow.. really slow..a long queue and only a couple of desks open...
Rooms ..I understand that there are room renovations going on well if our room has been renovated I dread to think of what the non renovated ones look like the room we had looked in dire of a make over..it was clean but had clearly seen better day's..all in all we had a great time at Disney we will stay onsite again just not at this resort...

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine P

Thank you so much for choosing Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside for your couple’s getaway, Elaine! I’m so glad you were enchanted by our lush gardens and regal mansions. How can you beat the leisurely boat ride across the Sassagoula River for an evening on the town in Disney Springs? It's definitely one of the prettier transportation options we offer here.

I do want to apologize to you, however. I’m very sorry to see your accommodations did not seem to boast our sweet Southern comfort during your stay. This locale is on the larger side, and that means a longer stroll along the gardens to return to your room. After a long day in our Theme Parks, I absolutely understand wanting to be asleep as soon as possible. Since the longer walk isn’t the perfect fit for you, I would suggest booking a Preferred Room if you choose to give Riverside another chance. If you're ready to try somewhere new, I'd recommend taking a trip across the bayou to Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter Resort for a much smaller property with the same Louisiana charm.

We look forward to hosting you again, wherever you choose to stay.

Jenn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stay for a nice weekend at Disney. We stayed in one of the royal rooms and loved all the princess touches hidden around the room. We called the front desk to address an issue with the sink and maintenance arrived in just a couple minutes and solved the issue.

The pool is very cute and we stuck around to play bingo while swimming around the pool. The food courts offer a wide variety of food and drink options which were nice to indulge in while relaxing around the resort.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tyler S

It seems like you had quite the charming weekend getaway at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Tyler! I’m thrilled that our Cast Members were able to come to the rescue when your sink wasn’t worthy of a royal. Even for such a quick stay, it looks like you made the most of your time in Louisiana. From your pictures, I can see that includes some pinball - I hope you were able to achieve a new high score!

Thanks for the review, and we look forward to having y’all down South again soon.

Jenn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great resort. Food court was ok. Pool was nice. Our only complaint, is completely our fault, we wish we would have paid more for a better room location. We were only there for 1 night before we switched over to our DVC resort so we just wanted the cheapest room for a family of 5. We got a room in the alligator bayou and the room just didn't seem finished. Or maybe it just didn't go well with our style. I will say though the little pull down bed was the cutest and our toddler LOVED it!!! We would definitely stay again, just not in that area of the resort.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank elimaries1
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the great tip on booking a Preferred Room. It’s a great way to guarantee that you’ll be closer to all the main amenities like the Feature Pool, the dining locations, and maybe a little less walking too! I’m sorry to see you weren’t quite impressed with the rooms in the Alligator Bayou. The rooms that can accommodate a party of five are actually all located in the Alligator Bayou, so next time you could always check out Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort too. It comfortably sleeps five and once the current renovations are complete, it is sure to shine bright.

Thanks again for the review. We’ll see you again soon.

Brittany