New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #40 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Denver, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Hotel is set up as a Vacation Club / Time Share hotel although individual reservations are available. Hotel is relatively new. It is clean and well managed. We requested an upper floor room with a view of the Disney fire works. They accomodated our request but the hotel is just a little too far from the fire works for the full effect. Upgraded to a 1 room suite for an addiional twenty five dollars. Worth every penny. Rooms are spacious and well appointed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite for twenty five dollars. Free in room internet. No shuttle to Disney.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Arabic first
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We've been staying at Parc Soleil for the last two years and love it. We have two young kids (5 and 3) and find it perfect for our circumstance. It's a perfect home base to visit the orlando attractions - it's close to everything. The pool slide is also nice leverage to use to get the kids to behave while visiting stuff - they love it. There's a nice play room for rainy days as well as a nice sunshaded outside play park. The food is good and is priced fairly. The hotel is cleaned and very well maintained.
The price is fair for what you get. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I am short on time so have to make this quick, but will definitely come back to Parc Soleil. I did not want to go home. Truly luxurious and gorgeous 1 bedroom suite - more like an apartment. Great bathtub - I used every night there. Beautiful pool and grounds. Walking trail, water slide, playground, super clean and friendly. I was treated like a valued guest and the staff remembered us at the cafes. Did not even go to a theme park because we had so much fun at the resort.

Room Tip: We got a fireworks view, but the pool view might have also been fun. The fireworks were really far a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank atlbritt
Wheaton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked our stay for 3 nights because HH contacted us to sit through the timeshare presentation and in turn gave us a really great rate. My husband, 2 yo daughter, and I stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath lockout. The accommodations were very nice, clean, large, and well appointed. The towels were thick and soft and the beds were comfortable. Traveling with a 2 yo, it's always nice to have a washer and dryer in the room. The pools were also very nice and kept at a comfortable temperature. We didn't eat onsite since there were so many restaurants close by in what we heard referred to as "restaurant row" along Sand Lake Rd, about a 5 minute drive from the resort. There were several grocery stores also within 5 minutes, and a nice Whole Foods (which is where we did our shopping) just a few minutes away. I would guess it's safe to say that we're sushi snobs, and we found a great sushi restaurant just off of Sand Lake, called Nagoya Sushi. They accommodated our daughter very well and the food tasted great and was very fresh. It also was a quick and easy drive for us to get to Downtown Disney, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom.

The property does sit all by itself. Initially it was a little off-putting, but we ended up appreciating how quiet the area was and we had a nice open view from our balcony. Also as others have mentioned, you do hear noise from your neighbors. I couldn't hear talking or tv noise, but I could hear someone above us moving chairs around and walking with hard soled shoes. Part of the problem is the hardwood floors. After we noticed the noise, we just tried to be mindful of what we were doing in order not to bother the people below us - no big deal. We always travel with a white noise machine for our daughter, so in her room we couldn't hear anything.

As I said, we did sit through the timeshare presentation. It wasn't anything terrible at all and took about 90 minutes. The sales person was friendly. He certainly did his job by trying to get us to buy. We are respectful of the fact that that's how he puts food on the table for his family, so we listened to what he had to tell us but then told him we weren't interested. He stayed friendly and there was no high pressure or rude behavior from anyone we encountered.

I would stay at this property the next time we visit the Orlando area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lovetotravelChicago
Brooklyn, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Beautiful resort though not quite finished. Rooms were spacious. Bathroom was beautiful, glass shower, soaking tub and glass sinks. Kitchen fully applianced and very convenient.Only issues we had were the market place store and restaurant iare too pricey, best to go to a restaurant and the local Publix, We ordered breakfast and dinner and I found the food very salty and the maid knocked on my door 3 different times in an hour to clean.Probably should have had the do not disturb sign on the door. .

Room Tip: If you want room get the suite. Can sleep four with pullout couch.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cathy P
Beaufort, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

The good: New (2 yrs old), people/staff, pools are great, nice landscaping, guest rooms other than Studios.
The bad: In middle of nowhere. Poor Studio rooms (others fine, however). Grounds nicely kept, Noisy rooms. No HDTV. Just OK food.

Room Tip: Do NOT settle for a studio.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DatawTrilogy
Fort Pierce, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I usually try not to write bad reviews, however, this last visit on 2/19 was absolutely the worst.

We've stayed at this resort most every time we've visited Orlando in the past few years--about eight to ten nights a year--and only once did we not have any problems. Everything from not getting the room we reserved, housekeeping not having the room cleaned when we returned after 6 p.m., some of the linens for the sofa bed missing, our room not ready for check-in till well after 6 p.m., loud music at the pool and lax safety precautions. This past visit last weekend topped them all. For the first time, I reserved a studio room because it was only my husband and myself and I was using Hilton Honors points to pay for it. My only requests when I check-in is that I have a high floor away from the elevators. My choices were either ground floor or a room on the 14th floor. I chose the higher floor and found I was about 20 feet away from the elevators, but on an end where there wouldn't be much traffic. Since this was my main concern, I gave no thought to the ringing of the elevators. My first mistake.

After entering the room, I found that the safe was locked and missing one of the numbers on the keypad. I wish that at that point I had asked for another room, but didn't want to take my chances on the ground floor room and the noise.

When leaving the handicapped parking on the first floor of the garage that evening for dinner, we found that two cars were parked in a no-parking area that was reserved for maintenance and/or to also allow a car to back-up out of the handicapped parking spaces in this dead-end parking area. Luckily, we had earlier backed into our space and therefore, didn't have to drive in reverse to exit the parking garage. This isn't anywhere near the first time that security has allowed people to park in spaces where it wasn't allowed.

Upon our return around 11 p.m., we pulled back the bedding to find a large depression in the center of the bed--a sinkhole of about 6 inches. I called the desk to notify them of the problem and was told that they would send maintenance up to check it out. Upon removing the mattresses from the bed, it was found that the center support for the bed was broken as well as two of the three lateral support beams. After attempting to jerry-rig the center support, the two maintenance men left to see what they could do about fixing or replacing the lateral support beams. After they left, we inspected what they had done and realized that as soon as we put any weight on the bed, that the center support would then give way and again, bend any support beams in place. I called the desk again and was told that there were no rooms available at all in the building we were in and that if we wanted another room, we would have to transfer to the other building on the property. I told her that was not satisfactory and would wait to see what the maintenance people would do. When they returned, we showed them that their "repair" would not work and they finally agreed. I could not believe that on this entire property that there wasn't another bed frame they could bring up to replace ours, but there wasn't. They ended up pulling out what was left of the base and we placed our mattresses on the floor.

Since it was now well after midnight, I thought that we might now get some sleep but then again I was wrong. With the television off, one could easily hear the pinging of the elevators ALL NIGHT LONG!

Although I usually check out via phone, this time I went to the desk and complained about all the problems we had. I was told "Sorry about that" and that was it.

In summary, the grounds are pretty, the suites are large and spacious, and the room rates are usually pretty good for what you receive. However, when your room isn't ready at check-in time, it isn't the room you reserved, when you can't find a parking space in the evening in the garage for your building, your room isn't made up upon your return from a long day at the parks, you only have 4 bath towels in a 4-person suite, you don't have the proper bedding for the sofa-bed, the safe won't work, the bed is broken, and the loud elevator keeps you up all night, just to name a few of the ones I easily remember, NO ONE WILL CARE because they know you will be back because the grounds are pretty and the suites are large and spacious and the room rates are pretty good. Personally, I'm going to start checking out other hotels in the area because this one doesn't believe in keeping up the Hilton reputation of good customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
25 Thank Gothiclion
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly apologize for the variety of problems you’ve experienced over the past few years and assure you that we take your feedback very seriously. With this in mind, while there is nothing we can do to change what you experienced, please rest assured we are absolutely committed to filling the Earth with the Light and Warmth of Hospitality and doing whatever we can to respond in a positive, proactive manner to any issues that may arise from time to time.

Peter M. Merrill