“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

There is nothing bad about this hotel other than the $13/night parking. I completely enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The grounds are beautiful, the staff very professional and the rooms were exceptional. I will gladly make Hilton my choice again when visiting Orlando.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Londa_Wash
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Yolanda, thank you for the comments and ratings. Thanks for making us your home while visiting Orlando. Be sure to sign up for Hilton Honors so your stays at Hilton properties can earn you more benefits. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (922)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Had a great time. Service was outstanding from the time my wife and I arrived. Definitely worth the $ and we will return. Spencer's was out of this world, food, service, and atmosphere were just right. Would have paid more if I had to.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Fritz1weaver1
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Fritz1weaver1 - Thank you for your comments and ratings. We are happy to see that your time with us was "Crunk!" Thanks for giving Spencer's a try and for sharing your experience.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My family and I just enjoyed our 3ed visit to this wonderful resort/hotel. As frequent visitors to the Orlando parks we find that the hotels location is ideal. The property is minutes from Sea World and the International Drive attractions. Located just 1 mile from I-4 it is 5 minutes to either Disney or Universal studios. It is also a few blocks from the B-Line, if traveling from the airport (MCO). The super convenient parking garage is situated a few feet from the front desk. Check-in is very fast and professional. This hotel is also attached to the Orlando convention Center and also offers great conference facilities. The rooms are very large with great bedding, a fantastic flat-screen TV, and upscale bath amenities. We also love the pool for its lazy river and the zero-entry swimming area. The executive golf course is also enjoyable. We have dined at all of the dining venues offered by the Hilton. The sports bar is great as well as the coffee shop and pool-side bar. The surprise for my family was how good their steak and chop house is. Spencer’s is located off the main lobby for dinner. We dined here this past Saturday and the food and service were astronomical. We enjoyed excellent salads, dry-aged beef and lamb, and desserts. The price was about $160 for two but it was worth it! I highly recommend the Hilton Orlando for your next trip to the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking Sea World and Disney for the firework shows.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sschroeder
sschroeder - Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. From your comments, it looks like you have come to appreciate how centrally located we are in the Orlando area. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our food & beverage locations. We are so proud of Spencer's for Steaks and Chops and are thrilled to see you loved it! Thanks for letting everyone know about your experience.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My visit to this Hilton was a mix of business and family time. I was to attend a convention at the Orange County Convention Center, which is connected by a covered walkway, this was real nice.

Let me comment on Matt, one of the valet guys. He was very helpful without being a pain and appearing to look for a tip. These guys on the car line know how to get cars in and out, keep the lanes clear all the while being polite and personable. A tough combination.

Being a HiltonHonors Diamond Member, they upgraded our room. Noting fancey, but very nice and clean, all the things you look for. Mini fridge, safe, newspaper, lots of pillows and towels a robe, access to the executive floor for snacks and breakfast, super nice folks every where we turned.

While ol' Pop was at work my wife and daughter went to the pool (I snuck down there after the convention) and man what a pool it is.
Wonderful chairs, tons of towels, the pools, water slides and lazy river are worth coming to this hotel all in it's self. They had a great wait staff to fetch a drink or food for us. Just over the top is the only way to discribe this pool.

All is all, this is a great hotel. We are going back later in the year to spend time at Disney, we have cancelled our rooms at WDW and will stay at this hotel, that is how much we liked this place.

Room Tip: try and get on the executive floors
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 16weekayeartraveler
16weekayeartraveler - It sounds like you and your family had a great time with us. We are so excited to hear that you want to come back and we appreciate you sharing your experience with others. Thank you for your positive comments. We will certainly let our team members know how much you appreciated them. See you again soon!
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a lovely hotel that I always enjoy coming to. We spent the last weekend of Spring Break here just to get away without getting away. This pool is probably the best pool of all the major resort pools in Orlando. You can easily spend an entire day out there enjoying the lazy river and awesome water slide. The breakfast buffet at Harvest has a very nice spread (although a little pricey $22 for adults). I love the accessibility of the hotel lobby from the parking garage (unlike Hilton Bonnet Creek). The hotel also has a great location on International Drive right next to the 528 expressway. If the weather is nice out, Pointe Orlando is a nice walk to get dinner or drinks. Plus it's fun to take the pedicabs back at the end of the night.

The rooms are average sized, but the bedding is very soft. The bathroom is on the average to smaller size. This hotel leaves just a tad bit to be desired being a 4 star hotel. Unlike the JW Marriott, there are no robes, no turn down service, and no separate shower and tub. However, I would have to come back here for the pool!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shatara R
Shatara R - sounds like you had a great Spring Break. Thanks for spending it with us. We do have robes in our Executive level rooms in case those are a must-have for you. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Orlando.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Our stay at the hilton was wondetful! We came for a weekend getaway, without our kids. The rooms and staff at the hotel are wonderful. Paul, with valet service, went the extra mile to make our stay special. He sent chocolate covered strawberries to our room with a note stating he hopes we have a nice relaxing weekend without our kids. It was so sweet!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank gillespiec
gillespiec - thanks for the great comments and ratings. We are happy to see you had a wonderful experience with us.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I loved my little get away at this hotel. My son came up to see me and we did not have to leave the resort. We stayed by the pool both days and enjoyed the lazy river and the water slide. I was upgraded to a "Pure Room" (at least I think thats what it is called.) It was nice. Easy breathing thats for sure. I am not going to try to explain all the benefits of the allergy free room. The lady at the front desk explained it but my mind was about getting to the pool so I did not pay too much attention. Here is a link though if anyone is interested. http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/landing/hww_pure/index.do

Anyways . I truly loved it here. I could eat, go to the spa, hang by the pool where kids were fully entertained and enjoy my son without leaving the property and that was my goal.

Room Tip: Get a Pure Room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank 247HardWorker
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
247HardWorker - thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with everyone. Our PURE rooms are great and it seems you enjoyed yours. Looks like the pool, lazy river, and slide were a big hit too! Stop by and visit us again soon.