Waldorf Astoria Orlando
US$212
US$172
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$368
US$303
Travelocity
4,785 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyhilton pooladjoining hiltondeluxe suitedisney viewdisney parksroom serviceturn down servicela lucebeautiful hotellazy riverluxury hotelbonnet creekin room diningpool servicelobby bar
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I had originally booked the Hilton next door but thought I had booked the Waldorf. The staff changed our reservation to the Waldorf quickly and were so nice about it!
Our room was very comfortable and the decor beautiful. We had stayed here shortly after they opened 2 years ago and were anxious to return.
We took advantage of the free transport to Epcot and it was great. Very friendly bus driver who also put in a Disney movie for the young children riding along.
Although there is no coffee machine in the room there is a coffee station in the main lobby every morning-free.
This is an awesome property and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lillious
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a beautiful property - we loved the swimming pools, comfy bed and luxurious bathroom. Great service - we got extra blankets and toothbrushes quickly. The customer service always picked up on the first ring. The buffet breakfast at Oscar's was to die-for! Truly the best breakfast I've had anywhere.

It seemed to have good conference facilities and it was convenient for me because my conference was there.

Downsides - Tripadvisor reviews suggested in getting a high room with a view of DIsney to watch the night fireworks. So when I made the reservation, I made this room request. This was 3 months in advance, and then I called a month in advance to confirm the room request, and then called a day before arrival to confirm. At checkin at 3pm - they said they sorry but they did NOT have my requested rooms available!

We got a low room, inside corner rooms with no view.

Second downside - unreliable Hertz car rental office. The hotel is connected to the Hilton (Waldorf Astoria is part of Hilton) and we reserved a rental car to go to the Kennedy Space Station. We went to pick up the car in the morning and..no car. They said for us to wait and they would get the car from the other location. 2 hours later of waiting in the lobby? No car. The Hertz office simply did not know where the car was. We missed our lunch with the astronauts as a result. The hotel concierge was not helpful and could not find alternative transportation, other than telling me that I could book a car service for $170 each way.

Thirdly - this hotel is not convenient for those wanting to go to Disney because it is not one of the Disney properties and you can't get to the DisneyWord/Epcot directly. You have to take the shuttle to the central parking place, and then take a Disney monorail/boat. In our case, we kept missing the shuttle, so had to take a cab to the parking place, and then wait for the Disney monorail/boat. We had gone to DisneyWorld in the morning and wanted to go home in the afternoon and play in the pool with the plan of going back to Disney for the fireworks, but it took so long to get back to the hotel - wait for the boat/monorail, wait for the shuttle - that we didn't end up going back to Disney later.

Room Tip: None - the hotel doesn't seem to honor room requests
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank perlani
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My sister and I spent two nights at the Waldorf/Orlando enjoying grown-up activities while our brother and his family visited Disneyworld. As a Hilton honors member I expected the upgrades, etc, but was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful decor and wonderful dining options. For a resort hotel in this location, it's a lot better than it needs to be.

Our suite was on the top floor, with a view toward the city of Orlando (Florida being flat,you could see it pretty well); the beds were very comfortable, and the small balcony and marble bath were treats. Only one sink, but we coped.

We had dinner at The Bull and Bear restaurant, named for the original in NY, and were amazed at both the quality of food and service; an experience to rival a great New York steakhouse. Breakfast the next morning was something of a disappointment; the large dining room was crowded and the service (we opted for the menu rather than the scrum around the buffet) was slow. But that one experience aside, the Waldorf lived up to its name. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kelting
Reviewed February 12, 2012

we kicked off our honeymoon here and it was a great start. room was spacious and clean, staff were helpful and attentive. breakfast buffet was included and was excellent, well organised with a huge amount of food on offer. good location and transport for disney.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kpyoink
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel for business-related reasons twice now, and it is truly a high-quality experience. The rooms are beautifully furnished and appointed, the beds are comfy and luxurious, everything is peaceful and quiet in the room, and the service is first-rate. The hotel clearly empowers all of its staff to meet their hotel guests' needs in any way they can. The only exception: I experienced a small problem with the reservation staff and I found the service at the hotel's Oscars restaurant (where they serve breakfast) to be lackluster. One tip: I prefer La Luce restaurant over on the Hilton side of the complex to the Bear & Bull restaurant at the Waldorf. The food and service at La Luce are top-notch in my book.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business