New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #211 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
“We were pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I booked room online & when we got to Florida friends there told us street was busy. After you get to where rooms & pool are you're pleasantly surprised. Its private,the room is clean, breakfast each day was good, I enjoyed the pool. My friend & I asked the afternoon desk clerk for a recommendation of chinese food & he directed us to a good buffet in area. ( always ask the locals!) We enjoyed the food in the bar on site. This was affordable & we would stay again. We stayed 4 nights without one complaint. Don't judge by the street outside, this is a nice place to stay for a week. Pam B.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool
1 Thank Pam B
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for responding to trip advisor,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

First of all the location is horrible. As I was driving along S. Orange Blossom Trail my heart dropped and tears came to my eyes. I had my three small kids in the back of the car staring out of the window at strip bars and obscene billboards. When we arrived at the hotel there were about six shady looking men hanging beside the lobby door which frightened me just to walk into the hotel. The young man behind the front desk during my check- in had no sense of hospitality. When my family made it to the actually room it was filthy. I spent over one hour cleaning it with Lysol wipes. From the grime I got up I would guess that the room had not seen housekeeping in over a year. Even though I managed to make the room half way decent my husband and I wanted another room. Upon calling the front desk we were informed that even though we paid for a suite they could only offer us a basic room and would not refund the price difference. Being aggravated and the fact it was 3 in the morning I decided to stay in the room that we were given so my kids could sleep (we had traveled 15 hours by car). When I pulled down the comforter/sheets to the bed I was in shock, as if anything else could go wrong. The sheets were nasty and in the center of the bed was a man's watch. Umm, now I know for sure that their housekeeping skills are terrible/nonexistent. At this point my husband and I were furious and feeling like we were the worst parents ever to our children by taking them to this hotel. Again, we called the front desk to complain and this time demand a full refund. Thankfully we were given our money back and we left this establishment RUNNING.... I tried to book our entire vacation on a strict budget, yet in the process we were taught a hard lesson. Never try to save money on a hotel. You get what you pay for, but in the case with this hotel you get even LESS !!!! I wish I would have taken photos of the room we were given to post on here. Then maybe by seeing for your own eyes you will not book this hotel. Save your time and money by going somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
3 Thank Andrea K
Thank you for responding, we are sorry for the horrible visit with us, wish we could have made it better for you. But we are a family oriented hotel with overnight security, our location close to the Florida mall and the Florida international airport and 15min from major attractions make us a good location for travelers to stay.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Being a single mom traveling with 2 young kids price is a huge factor and Days Inn Orlando met this challenge. It's located on Orange Blossom Trail, which to the locals is referred to as the OBT, somewhat of a ghetto area, but apparently more so towards the north of the hotel. The room was clean, the kids loved the pool, they provided a basic breakfast in the morning. It was close to the airport, and Universal Studios. We stayed for 3 nights and felt comfortable and safe during our entire stay.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have elevators, but staying on the first floor we could hear the kids upstairs runn...
1 Thank Jill B
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for responding to tripadvisor, we hope that you will spend your next vacation with us.
also we would like to give our deepest appreciation for your continued support,
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great service, excellent wifi. Outdoor pool, which was actually very clean. Not much within walking distance, but cabs were easy enough. Wasn't very quite at night, a lot of noise in the parking lot. Beds were comfy and showers were clean.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg S
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for responding to trip advisor, were glad your stay with us was a pleasant one, hope to see you soon.
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My first surprise was the size of this motel. It's huge, has a very nice pool area, and a sports bar inside.

My room was located around the back - very quiet at all times. No listening to the neighbours in the adjoining room. Clean, and good water pressure.

Standard Days Inn amenities. I went and looked at the included breakfast, got a cup of coffee and went to a nearby diner.

The staff were pleasant and helpful at all times.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank GWMtravels
Thank you for responding to trip advisor we look forward to your return.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed here for one night following our cruise. Hotel was clean pool area very nice.
The bad** we arrived at the hotel around 1030am...our room wasnt ready until after 2 (standard check in is at 3)...very busy area but nothing really within walking distance to do. If you will be here for an entire day plan on a rental car. We got a cab to the fl mall and it was $10!! (1 mile away) the cabs charge for distance and for every 30 seconds...keep in mind there is a lot of traffic!! For the money and the free airport shuttle...I can't complain too much!!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cntrygurl625
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Thank you for your response. Hopefully next time we can help you better to see more of our great city.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

stayed for 2 nights and my wife and i were pleasantly surprised. we arrived very late and very tired. the desk person (adam if i recall right) was so helpful. our room was quiet and clean. he even helped carry luggage to our room so we wouldnt have to make several trips as my wife and i are elderly. this was very nice. upon our departing the same gentleman arranged a cab for us as we had to leave earlier then the shuttle ran. we were leaving too early for your continental breakfast and was disappointed we would go hungry before our flight. this nice gentleman offered us a few of his own snacks so we would have a little something to eat before our flight. now thats real service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank George S
Thank you for your response, we are glad that you were happy with our service and hope to see you in the future.