“Reconsider staying here!”

Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall
Ranked #230 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 April 2012

While the shuttle service picked us up from Orlando International Airport in a timely fashion and the hotel gives an appealing first impression for the extremely reasonable price, it didn't take very long for the pleasant feeling to vanish.

As I said, the shuttle arrived with a very polite driver within ten minutes of placing the call and drove us in with a clean van and smooth ride. Upon arrival to the hotel, the desk clerk was polite as well and we received our room keys.

The rooms were clean but there were no wash cloths and only two towels for 4 checked in guests. I'm not sure if they expected us to share towels but I had to make a trip to the desk for towels and wash cloths right off.

At about 830 that evening, we decided to get something to eat from the sports bar and grill that the hotel operates. Upon entering, we were met by a snotty little brunette waitress who rolled her eyes when she found out 8 people would be dining. She had a lousy personality the entire meal. I guess the $120+ dollars we were spending there was a problem for her. Either way... Very poor service and a very lousy feeling being there. At least the food was ok. At this hotel, she was not the only one who acted as if they had a major chip on their shoulder. This is one major reason for a poor review and a guarantee that I will not be going back.

The night of sleep (if you can call it that) was horrible! Noisy as hell! We had an adjoining room (which we did not ask for) so the screaming kids and adults in the next room were that much worse than if there had been a wall were the cheap metal door was. There was banging and yelling throughout the hotel the until about 2 am. All the people in my party had the same complaint, even those in a different part of the hotel. This is the second major reason for a poor review and once again, a guarantee that I will not be going back.

My last observation and complaint is that some of the derelicts hanging around the place seemed as if they weren't even traveling. I'm not sure if the place rents rooms on a monthly basis to families or allows outsiders to use there laundry machines, because I'm not sure why they had washing machines in the alleyways with undesirable looking people doing their laundry and others hanging around without a purpose (more than likely to score some crack or something). Either way, it produces an unsafe feeling in not such a nice part of town.

It's too bad, because for the price; this hotel has great potential if not for the employees who seem to not give a damn about the place or the customer demographic that a $44 a night room brings in. Either way, it's the last time I do a cheap hotel. Next time I will shell out a couple hundred and stay in a Hyatt.

Room Tip: Request the side not on the highway unless you like the soft lullaby sound of Jake brakes, motor cyc...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt_Beil
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

We understand your disappointment at our bar and grill; we are in constant pursuit of perfection and are already working on solutions that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future. Understand that a great deal of our guest are families visiting the theme parks in Orlando fl. that may spend more than a weekend with us, along with cruise ship travelers that appreciate the fact that they can use our laundry machines to wash there items.
Please let us apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed at this location because it is close to the airport and has a complimentary airport shuttle service. The location was great - although we almost missed it the first time as it is tucked in behind some other businesses. It is also quite close to Florida Mall and I think they provide shuttle service to Florida Mall as well. The rooms were typical motel rooms - all doors coming from the outside but on two levels. The rooms were quite small with double beds but the beds were comfortable. There were no elevators so carrying our suitcases up those stairs was a chore until a young male employee came by and offered to carry them up for us. The front desk staff was also very helpful, providing a map of the area and assisting with arranging the shuttle service. The breakfast was okay, nothing special, but certainly good value when included in the room price. Although we did not use the pool, it looked very clean and the pool area had a number of chairs for guest use. Overall, although the rooms could use a facelift, the hotel was good value and a friendly place to stay. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, which I would not recommend for seniors because of there being no ele...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne C

We sincerely appreciate the time you spent reviewing our hotel, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is in big need of an overhaul. The room I was given was dark and dirty, no soap or shampoo on the first night. Then around 9:30pm, a group of construction workers that were staying at the hotel began there what was to become nightly party. Foul language, hollering and shouting until very late in the evening. It seems this hotel is popular with construction workers for it's low price. Some of the clientelle were frightening. The hotels sports bar was just as bad if not worse. Avoid this hotel at all cost, even if you are travelling without children. I'm not usually nervous staying at a days inn but this one had me afraid to come out of my room at night.

Room Tip: avoid the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Darrell B

Please let us apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, we can only hope that the experience that you had will help us better serve our future guest.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here for a very low price and were very satisfied. The motel is older but well maintained and clean. The breakfast was a mad house and the staff stocking it were very unfriendly. The rooms are small with only double beds but again for the price was perfect for us as we got in late and only stayed one night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 67,584
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you for your comments, we are glad that you were happy with our hotel and hope to see you on your return.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a truly great American motel in the best traditions of that fine genre, particularly if you have just tipped off a 24 hour door-to-door flight from the UK and been subjected to rubbish Air France food. It is not our fault that you lost the battles of Crecy and Agincourt or that we hammered Napoleon at Trafalgar and Waterloo, French people. It is history. Move on. Adjust and stop trying to poison us with rubbish food on Air France.

Moving on.

Days Inn at Orlando is very nice and Kyle the Barman is a star. The motel is located a few minutes from the airport at a motorway junction but the rooms are clean and quiet. The pool looked nice but we did not have time to enjoy it since we were on the move.

This will be our first stop next time we visit Orlando and I recommend the place.

Did I mention the fact that Air France is rubbish and their in-flight meals would choke a pig? No? Air France is rubbish and their in-flight meals would choke a pig. But Days Inn at Orlando is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and they will put you far from the reception and bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauleaston
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

We sincerely appreciate the time you spent reviewing our hotel. Your business is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet our guest needs. The growth we’ve experienced over the years is because of customers like you, who faithfully support our business. Thanks again, for your business.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We have used others Days Inns in various parts of the country for one night stays when travelling so were happy to book this hotel for the same reason. Unfortunately there were a number of problems.
The airport shuttle took 45 minutes to arrive, then had to pick up other passengers who had been waiting over an hour apparently. There was not enough room but we managed to squash the last person in. Had we been travelling with anything other than holdalls I have no idea how the luggage would have fitted. A free shuttle service is great but there are still some basic expectations.
The airline had lost my luggage so I was in a bit of a hurry to get to the shops as it was late, consequently the slow shuttle service and then long line for check in were a worry. It is also worth noting that the hotel may be called Days Inn Florida Mall but it is actually about 3 miles away from the Mall. May not be a concern for many but proved a big problem in my circumstances.
Check in was friendly as was check out the next morning. However we had booked (and pre paid) two rooms and the receptionist could only locate one when we checked in, fortunately I had the documentation and a room was available.
Breakfast was fine, exactly as stated and bearing in mind the cost of the rooms it is a good extra.
The main issue we had was with the rooms. Firstly they smelled, both were non smoking but it smelled more as though they had been smoked in and then something used to cover this, or they just smelled stale, not sure. The carpet was stained, scruffy and dirty. The armchair was worn, discoloured and with stains and marks. The bathroom was generally clean but there were hairs in the sink and the lightswitch was filthy. The whole impression was of two rooms desperate for renovation but also in need of a very thorough clean which would at least have made them more presentable. The iron leaked and some of the power points did not work. I do not expect luxury for the price we paid but this was really poor.
With many other hotels near the airport I would not choose this one again.

Room Tip: Some have commented that rooms facing the road are too noisy, personally we did not find this (but w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen0101
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I booked room online & when we got to Florida friends there told us street was busy. After you get to where rooms & pool are you're pleasantly surprised. Its private,the room is clean, breakfast each day was good, I enjoyed the pool. My friend & I asked the afternoon desk clerk for a recommendation of chinese food & he directed us to a good buffet in area. ( always ask the locals!) We enjoyed the food in the bar on site. This was affordable & we would stay again. We stayed 4 nights without one complaint. Don't judge by the street outside, this is a nice place to stay for a week. Pam B.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam B
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for responding to trip advisor,